Manchester City Vs Liverpool SUN 10th APR 16:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:51 am

THE BIG ONE!!!!!!

I personally feel a well versed and "good luck" poster should start this one but oh heck screw it might as well give this a shot.....Really don't know where to begin about the magnitude of this one.

Two titans going head to head for glory, the more hungrier and more clinical will triumph in this epic battle. Both are on fine form and are capable of snapping 3 points.
It will be interesting to see who Klopp plays up top, personally I'm hoping for Mane, Salah and Jota. We've got game changer on the bench who can come on and cause City problems in Diaz, Firmino.

3 points is crucial however, I don't think a draw will be detrimental as things can easily sway in the run-in, especially as city will be "challenging" on two fronts.

We had these lots number a few years ago but have not beaten them in last 4 attempts. Two draws and 2 losses with City scoring 4 goals in both losses. Last time we won at the Etihad was 2-1 in UCL and prior to that was 4-1 in 2015.
It is going to be a tough game to say the least, could easily end up being one of those games where a worldie or a freak goal decides it, maybe a dodgy var decision.....

If we win this then the tide will strongly turn in our favor, imo nothing will then stop us on our charge to the title.

Difficult to predict this because of how good the opponent is, heart says we win 1-0 with a Salah goal, head says 1-1.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:35 pm

If we want the title we got to win IMO. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world I guess but it will be far more favourable result for City and personally I don't think we'll catch them after that. And if we lose and it's all over.

The odds are obviously against us, we have a terrible record at the Etihad, but IMO they are dreading this game far more than we are and we should try to use that. They appeard to have the title in the bag not so long ago, but now they have a do or die game to play, while we just have to go there and give our best, no shame in losing, at least we've tried. They have the home advantage and the point advantage, but we have the psychological advantage IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:30 pm

I'm gonna spend all Sunday in church and only come out 15 minutes before kick off.

2-1 to the Reds, Hendo and Diaz. How we'll get to that point is a bit unclear.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:39 pm

Bit of trepidation going into this game tbh, 8 months of hard work stretching right back to last August could all be flushed down the sh.tter if we lose.
To contain these on their own patch we are going to have to be so spot on defensively its untrue.
These are the games that go down in history though, our players are already club legends but they have an opportunity to become greats of the game, it's there if they want it. All they have to do is win.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:59 pm

If City desperately needed the 3 points like us then I think it would be a more open game. As a draw would suit them more then us I see this as a more cautious, controlled battle.

Like yakka said defensively we have to be spot on. City have the strength to rip open teams at will.

Up top I've got a glitch Klopp may play the original trio.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:36 pm

Personally I'd start with Diaz, Jota and Mo up top.
Fab,Thiago and Hendo in the middle and the usual suspects at the back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:00 am

This clearly isn’t going to be easy however mentally I believe we have the edge. I think our options up front could just make the difference. Mo hasn’t been at his best recently. We need a big performance from him. They will be without Dias which is a big loss for them. Let’s face it the result could also be affected by two Manchester based officials. The suggestion however is that Taylor hates Liverpool and City equally so it should be interesting !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:00 pm

Well well well, here we are. 6 months ago who would've thought we'd be pretty much playing 1 game for the title?
I'm not taking anything for granted mind, this lot are a good team like. It'll come down to an iffy VAR call or a wonder goal I'm sure.
Pep is papping his cords here make no mistake, he knows the power of the Klopp effect. Klopp can smell the title again and he's after it!

If the team come out fighting from the first whistle and bag a couple in the first half, the clubs spanner monkey will dust off the open top bus and give it an oil change.

Probably agree with Mo, Mane and Jota up top. (Diaz off the bench is like unleashing a wild dog on them)
Konate has done enough to get a start along side Van Dyke too, in my opinion.

City 1 - LFC 3

Do us proud lads!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:17 pm

Big game that neither side can afford to lose so a draw would probably be the best result and hope that they drop points elsewhere.

Matip and Van Dijk for me with Fab, Thiago and Hendo in mid. Then Mane, Mo and Jota up top. If Salah is on form then I think we have a really good chance of beating them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:09 pm

Konate, big and fast but inexperienced at 22. Matip, experienced but slow.  Difficult call but I suspect Klopp will go with Joel.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:40 pm

redshade » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:59 pm wrote:If City desperately needed the 3 points like us then I think it would be a more open game. As a draw would suit them more then us I see this as a more cautious, controlled battle.

Like yakka said defensively we have to be spot on. City have the strength to rip open teams at will.

Up top I've got a glitch Klopp may play the original trio.

That's a good point actually, because a draw wouldnt be the worst result from their point of view they could find themselves a bit like us in 89 not knowing wether to stick or twist.
Whilst they were impressive in that first half at our place they didn't really have anything to lose, if they overcommit on Sunday and get hit on the counter it could cost them the title.
What I'd forgotten about that game at Anfield as well was that Milner and Jones both started. I think we'll have a stronger side out Sunday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:38 am

Sunday needs to be taken in context of the next 8 weeks - FA cup and CL pressure's bound to affect the remaining league games. If City win they go 4 points ahead so a draw is not the end of the world for us but to lose is.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:12 pm

Brickibgvit. Come on you redmen.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:32 pm

Most important game of the season for me. Lose and the title race is all but over.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:20 pm

We've really got to be switched on defensively today to deal with their one two's in and around the box and their clever through balls. Once they start playing in those little triangles knocking it around they are very difficult to stop.
We need to carry a threat ourselves at the other end to stop them setting up camp in our half and to keep them honest.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games