LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Premiership 21-11-09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dazzer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:58 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Look at it this way, with the two week break. There is a very good chance that the following line up is possible -

Reina

Johnson     Carragher     Agger      Insua

Mascherano     Aquilani

Kuyt                Gerrard              Babel

Torres/Ngog

If the physios do work some magic and at least Gerrard and Aquilani are fully fit, I would feel very confident.

The key for Rafa is to work hard on the defence, keep a clean sheet and we'll win.

Sorry kuyt shouldn't play in next game he is really poor atm imo and has been shocking to say the least last 4 matchs.He should be droped and let one of younger lads step up.One thing to reward good form another to reward bad form on the bias he might improve ?
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:19 pm

I hate early kick off's :angry:

FWIW I actually fancy us for this one. Their defence is worse than ours. I don't rate Lescott at all and Bridge is probably in the worst run of form of his career.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm

4 - 0 to us.

we've turned the corner now. We're on our way back up. :;):  rafa told me so.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Man City players convinced Liverpool there for taking

11.11.09 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Liverpool, Manchester City, Rafa Benitez
Manchester City's players are convinced Liverpool are there for the taking.

City are next up for the fallen Kop kings as they try to end a run of just one victory in nine games.

Argentine defender Zabaleta and his team-mates rock up at Anfield on Saturday week.

He said: "Liverpool are not playing well and have had injuries.

"Rafa Benitez has had a lot of criticism. It's not a good moment for them.

"We have only lost one game in the league and Liverpool have lost five. We have to take advantage of the situation and get three points.

Ehhhhhh, lads ? Get phuckin' stuck into them and lash them out of it from the first minute ! :angry:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:19 pm

Dazzer wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Look at it this way, with the two week break. There is a very good chance that the following line up is possible -

Reina

Mascherano     Aquilani

Torres/Ngog

If the physios do work some magic and at least Gerrard and Aquilani are fully fit, I would feel very confident.

The key for Rafa is to work hard on the defence, keep a clean sheet and we'll win.

Sorry kuyt shouldn't play in next game he is really poor atm imo and has been shocking to say the least last 4 matchs.He should be droped and let one of younger lads step up.One thing to reward good form another to reward bad form on the bias he might improve ?

I think the solution is Babel on the right and Aurelio on the left.

Then have Pacheco on the bench and he could come in for anybody across the attacking midfield 3.  He is probably best suited for the middle, in which case SG could move to the left or right.
JoeTerp

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Dazzer wrote:

Reina

Mascherano     Aquilani

Torres/Ngog

Well it's a good thing you don't manage then.

Kuyt has arguably been one of the most consistent players in the last 3 seasons. I prefer to back the big players for the big games. Man City is our next big game - Kuyt to return to form than risk an unknown on a huge game. And I suspect Rafa will adopt the same mentality.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I think the solution is Babel on the right and Aurelio on the left.

Then have Pacheco on the bench and he could come in for anybody across the attacking midfield 3.  He is probably best suited for the middle, in which case SG could move to the left or right.

I'd much rather have Kuyt in there rather than Babel. Fair enough he's suffered a dip in form recently, but his level is still generally notably higher than Babel's. Out of the two, who would you trust to put in a performance when we most need it? It's a no brainer.

Anyway, it's about time Pacheco was called up. The kid's going to make a top player, whether it be at Liverpool or somewhere else, he will make it.
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Its a tough call. You never know when Kuyt will snap out of it, plus even when he is poor he still works hard, can't really say the same for Babel who sometimes is just as poor.  I think Babel has had some nice moments on the right this year. Maybe Kuyt needs a rest, is Holland playing a friendly over the break?

For me Pacheco is very close, but I would not consider him for the XI against City.  Its a shame that he was injured and then away with Spain for our 2 Carling CUp matches. People from the official have confirmed that he was in line to play a part in both matches.
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:56 pm

I meant as a sub too, though I don't think it'd be particularly risky throwing him in as a starter because he's brimming with talent and his attitude is spot on.

Holland play Italy on Saturday and then have another friendly midweek.
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:18 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I meant as a sub too, though I don't think it'd be particularly risky throwing him in as a starter because he's brimming with talent and his attitude is spot on.

I also have to say that our reseve strength & conditioning coaches must be excellent because Pacheco has not only gotten stronger (as I would have expected since he came in so light) but he has also significantly improved his pace since arrivng.  From where I come from that seems quite rare. I mean everybody works to improve it, but from everything I have ever oberseved, fast people get faster and slightly fast people get slightly faster and everything is more or less a wash. But Pacheco has leapfrogged  in his pace from what I can tell.  He chases down lost causes all the time and either puts defenders under pressure or wins it back and creates a goal (like last night).  He was always quick in tight spaces, and he still isn't at Amoo or Eccleston's level of pace, but I think he has made great strides since he came.

Also, he always seems to get better as the game goes on.

And he is brilliant with the dead ball.
JoeTerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I meant as a sub too, though I don't think it'd be particularly risky throwing him in as a starter because he's brimming with talent and his attitude is spot on.

I also have to say that our reseve strength & conditioning coaches must be excellent because Pacheco has not only gotten stronger (as I would have expected since he came in so light) but he has also significantly improved his pace since arrivng.  From where I come from that seems quite rare. I mean everybody works to improve it, but from everything I have ever oberseved, fast people get faster and slightly fast people get slightly faster and everything is more or less a wash. But Pacheco has leapfrogged  in his pace from what I can tell.  He chases down lost causes all the time and either puts defenders under pressure or wins it back and creates a goal (like last night).  He was always quick in tight spaces, and he still isn't at Amoo or Eccleston's level of pace, but I think he has made great strides since he came.

He's a bit small though, don't you think ? I mean, I could see him getting kicked around by a couple of heavy-hitting tacklers and that might be enough to put him off his stride completely.
From the Ressies games I've seen, you don't tend to get the full-blooded 'break a leg' challenge either intentional or unintentional that you see in the Premiership, and with the way Pacheco plays (deft touches, fancy tricks etc.) all it takes is for some lunatic like Fletcher, or Barry or whoever to lash him out of it and he won't play his normal game.
I suppose you could say the same for Benny but he's been around that bit longer, plus he's a seasoned international as well...he can kinda get away from those type of situations...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fauxy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Will be a tough match this. Aquilani to finally start??
Fauxy

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:02 pm

yossi and riera have been ruled out for 3 to 4 weeks....  :(
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:13 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I think the solution is Babel on the right and Aurelio on the left.

I'd much rather have Kuyt in there rather than Babel. Fair enough he's suffered a dip in form recently, but his level is still generally notably higher than Babel's. Out of the two, who would you trust to put in a performance when we most need it? It's a no brainer.

Anyway, it's about time Pacheco was called up. The kid's going to make a top player, whether it be at Liverpool or somewhere else, he will make it.

I just think we need more pace on the right Bridge isn't the fastest I think he be able to deal with kuyt.What happened to Nabil El Zhar ?

I like him he got pace to burn and he is quite bright.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:45 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

He's a bit small though, don't you think ? I mean, I could see him getting kicked around by a couple of heavy-hitting tacklers and that might be enough to put him off his stride completely.
From the Ressies games I've seen, you don't tend to get the full-blooded 'break a leg' challenge either intentional or unintentional that you see in the Premiership, and with the way Pacheco plays (deft touches, fancy tricks etc.) all it takes is for some lunatic like Fletcher, or Barry or whoever to lash him out of it and he won't play his normal game.
I suppose you could say the same for Benny but he's been around that bit longer, plus he's a seasoned international as well...he can kinda get away from those type of situations...

I have seen some viciuos tackles in the reserves, especially in the mini-derby.  He might be short, but he has gotten stockier and stronger than when he came, and has played in Liverpool senior cup games against teams like Waterloo dock, Southport, Formby, Marine, prescot Cables, etc.  So he has had his fair share of expereince against people only interested in kicking.  I think he has only missed 2 or 3 matches due to injury in the 2.5 years since he came here, so he seems a tough enough coookie.  Also, the coaches have wanted him to get further roughed up this year, so they have played him in central midfield in most games and he has been brilliant.  I don't think he could play there for the first team right now, but I guess the thinking is that if he is tough enough for CM at reserve level, maybe he can handle playing between the lines for the first team.
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games