LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Premiership 21-11-09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Effes » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't like the way Gerrard brow-beats everyone.

He reverts to venting his frustration on "minor" players and it affects them.
Some players feel obliged to pass to SG even when he isn't the best option.

I dont like this negativity from our captain - I can understand if he's frustrated,
but it doesn't help the team during a game.

I think a hierarchy has developed amongst the squad, and it needs stamping out.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Yeah I sense that too sometimes Effes, he did in last season with El Zhar at Boro I think and I still see it sometimes
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Real Deal » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Didnt actually see the 90 mins. Listened to it on Radio 5 Live.

Apparently Gerrard and N'gog were quietish because werent getting the service from Midfield.

basically I hold Rafa accountable for playing two "sideways" holding midfield players, Lucas And Mascherano. they win the ball and close down etc, but are not playmakers, great passers/ shooters, or good at going forward. and I beleive Stevie G was getting Frustrated 2nd half due to lack of good balls etc.

Also then, after bennyyooon scored the 2nd, he then gets subbed for a left back.

I'd have brought on Alberto Aq for 30 mins.

13 points behind chelsea now and counting.

not good.

confused dot com?
The Real Deal

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:36 pm

The Real Deal wrote:Didnt actually see the 90 mins. Listened to it on Radio 5 Live.

Apparently Gerrard and N'gog were quietish because werent getting the service from Midfield.

basically I hold Rafa accountable for playing two "sideways" holding midfield players, Lucas And Mascherano. they win the ball and close down etc, but are not playmakers, great passers/ shooters, or good at going forward. and I beleive Stevie G was getting Frustrated 2nd half due to lack of good balls etc.

Also then, after bennyyooon scored the 2nd, he then gets subbed for a left back.

I'd have brought on Alberto Aq for 30 mins.

13 points behind chelsea now and counting.

not good.

confused dot com?

Hmm, this where watching the game's useful because Yossi was knackered.  Horse placenta can only take you so far, I guess.   :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Horse placenta can only take you so far, I guess.   :;):

:laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:26 am

2 injuries, a draw at home, no Aquilani, could it have been any worse?  :down:
killerp

Postby CTID » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:38 am

Former Liverpool legend Alan Hanson sums it up best. Liverpool were the better team in a very tense and poor first hal. And City probably the better team in the second half. All said and done a draw was probably fair if a little disapointing for both of us.

When superman made it 2-1 i thougt "we can win here". when Tevez came on he turned the game on its head. We should have got after you from the get go and i'm sure we would have won but City have this really anoying habit of dozing through games until we go 1 down. If we just throw all caution to the wind then we'd win most of the games we draw.

Anyway it's a draw at Anfield. Could've been better though.

See you at Eastlands chaps :p

Last edited by CTID on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
CTID

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:51 am

heimdall wrote:I miss Manhattan, he was one weirdly irreverent crazy loon but funny as hell.

I know where manhattan is if you play MW2 on PC he is in there alot.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:52 am

CTID wrote:Former Liverpool legend Alan Hanson sums it up best. Liverpool were the better team in a very tense and poor first hal. And City probably the better team in the second half. All said and done a draw was probably fair if a little disapointing for both of us.

When superman made it 2-1 i thougt "we can win here". when Tevez came on he turned the game on its head. We should have got after you from the get go and i'm sure we would have won but City have this really anoying habit of dozing through games until we go 1 down. If we just throw all caution to the wind then we'd win most of the games we draw.

Do you want a slap ?  :suspect:  :laugh:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:36 am

CTID wrote:Former Liverpool legend Alan Hanson sums it up best. Liverpool were the better team in a very tense and poor first hal. And City probably the better team in the second half. All said and done a draw was probably fair if a little disapointing for both of us.

Yes, we'll see you at Eastlands and then we'll have our whole squad fit...  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 am

Don't worry about us.....worry about finishing above manure utd. Thats all i ask from your team  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:44 am

well i was at the match and the atmosphere reflected what was going on the pitch....not much energy and a few moments of excitement now and then.

we had two men down in the first 20 mins which effected our game plan alot it seemed. had no idea why johnson was missing? but that couldnt have helped preparations either. gerrard/ngog looked more and more tired as the game went on, as did yossi, i thought it was sensible to bring on aurelio as the greek kept hittin the deck looking injured and fabio was our only defender to bring on anyway.

was happy for skrtel to get the goal, hoped it would give him confidence but was wrong cos i think he could have done better for both goals especially the second, Tevez should never have been allowed to keep the ball as much as he did. poor defending for both goals conceded, but i guess city could say the same..

draw was fair in the end.

it wasn't as bad as it could have been considering 2 of our players went off in the first 20 to add to our other injured players aswell as some of our players on the pitch looking knackered/returning from injuries also. at least we are remembering how to not LOSE games, especially being 2-1 down, 3/4 weeks ago we would have lost that...

but what a chance for lucas at the end to steal it. ah well. 2 pence done, lets smash the bitters, after debreccen and get some momentum.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:17 pm

kunilson wrote:well i was at the match and the atmosphere reflected what was going on the pitch....not much energy and a few moments of excitement now and then.

we had two men down in the first 20 mins which effected our game plan alot it seemed.

Spot on there ,

An if them injurys hadnt of happend then i feel we would of seen Aqualini , but them injurys changed the whole game plan,

For me yesterday our two best players were Javier an Riena, full stop. Apart from the goal he scored Skrtel was cra.p
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:33 pm

Cant see nothing Cigg but ill bet you it was fecking horsehead an  bart. It was whopper central there yesterday , Some lad even had his stag do there , White plazzy bags every were you looked from the club shop. FFS there was a fella near me from feck knows asked the lad sitting next to me about the 75th minute could he buy his programme off him as he forgot to get a spare for his mate to take home, The lad who was sitting by me had a RAOTL mag not a programme :laugh: just fecking shows you , An them half an half scarves were rife , they need fecking stranglin with them

Best thing about the game yesterday was the banner on the kop.

"The Sun: 40 years of lies" is right an all
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:55 pm

I can't even watch our games anymore, I saw the final score and was just gutted.  Sad sad days.
Zidane

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games