LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Premiership 21-11-09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:58 pm

I didn't know Hicks and Gillett were there today Ciggy  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:58 pm

heimdall wrote:hmm, please explain what the feck he had to do with the first goal Bad Bob, the second goal was just an all out skuffle and it was luck that the ball ended up with Benny, hardly a classic goal but it was much needed. All I saw of Wash was bad movement and bad control he just doesn't convince me at all in the same way that Lucas doesn't. FFS Kuyt has better ball control and skills than those two which kind of says it all.

Well, since you asked so nicely...

Ngog won us the free kick in a dangerous area with an excellent turn on Zabaletta.  In executing it, he showed a nice touch and some skill to both turn his man and hold him off, drawing the foul.  Not saying a goal was then a foregone conclusion from the free but, credit where credit is due, he played his part.

For the second, he actually did well to create space for a shot in the box, had a thump which deflected to Yossi, who put it away.  A bit of a 'garbage goal' undoubtedly but he still played the role he's supposed as a striker--getting shots off in the box and looking to make something happen in front of goal.

I think many people, you especially, are quick to write him off because he's had a slow start and is palpably not a world beater.  For me, though, he's put in some decent shifts in Fernando's absence and is outperforming the likes of Kuyt at the moment.  As with Insua, I don't think he should be one of the first players to come in for stick today.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:00 pm

s@int wrote:
heimdall wrote:
s@int wrote:
redhayesy wrote:if the mods want to outcast certain things- fine, but it works both ways! eg i still to this day don't know why Leon was banned? am i not allowed to know or what? please just tell me so then i would be able to make up my own mind if it was the right thing to do or not.

this forum imho needs people like him, for knowledge an info which made it a better place to visit than at this moment in time.

As far as I know Leon wasn't banned mate. He just decided he didn't want to post here anymore for his own reasons, but I agree he is sorely missed. I didn't usually agree with his views but no one could doubt they came from his heart and with the best of intentions for the club. We could certainly do with him back.

I miss Manhattan, he was one weirdly irreverent crazy loon but funny as hell.

I miss Dawson, always cracked me up with his wierd sense of humour.

I miss winning.  :down:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:06 pm

I miss Manhattan, he was one weirdly irreverent crazy loon but funny as hell.

I miss Dawson, always cracked me up with his wierd sense of humour.

I miss winning.  :down:

before my time Bob  :(
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby redhayesy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:14 pm

s@int wrote:
redhayesy wrote:if the mods want to outcast certain things- fine, but it works both ways! eg i still to this day don't know why Leon was banned? am i not allowed to know or what? please just tell me so then i would be able to make up my own mind if it was the right thing to do or not.

this forum imho needs people like him, for knowledge an info which made it a better place to visit than at this moment in time.

As far as I know Leon wasn't banned mate. He just decided he didn't want to post here anymore for his own reasons, but I agree he is sorely missed. I didn't usually agree with his views but no one could doubt they came from his heart and with the best of intentions for the club. We could certainly do with him back.

thanks saint, cause i was just puzzled as to why he didn't post anymore. i thought he was banned as i didn't get why he just dis-appeared from the forum?

he was a top bloke for me, cause for people on this forum who wanted local info etc about what was going on around the club, he was the main man for me. his knowledge an info etc was a great contribution to this forum, an i for one miss his imput.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Masch79 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:23 pm

john craig wrote:That gives us a problem left back - Aurelio is a quality player that can't stay fit, and Insua isn't quite up to scratch.  It's yet another position that needs strengthening.

We've always got Dossena   :D
Masch79

Postby Zidane » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:50 pm

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Zidane

Postby redhayesy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:04 pm

john craig wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
john craig wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Once everyones fit I want to see this team play.

Reina

Johnson   Carra   Agger  Aurelio

Benayoun Masch Gerrard Reira

Aquilani

Torres

More chance of pigs flying that us having everyone fit...

Lets face it this season is probably a write off in terms of winning a major trophy.  Scraping into the top 4 and maybe winning the FA cup or Europa League would be a fantastic season from the position we're in now.

i take it from your post you won't be purchasing the dvd of ' 15 mins that shocked the world'. cause for me we are still in with every chance of winning what ever our attitude let's us.

BTW the dvd i relate to is of istanbul an 'that half time team talk'

'OH CAMPIONE,THE ONE & ONLY WER'E LIVERPOOL'

Be as naive as you want.

I'll continue living in the real world...

what a great imput to the discussion, in challenging times that we face as a FC, let's all just dismiss our history an what it stands for!

that's why i  will never be naive, an give up cause i live,breath an eat LFC , so you can live in your so- called real world, i will live in the real world of LFC an what has made us succesfull in the past an will continue to make us succesfull in the future! it's called FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT!

that's living in the real world- me being naive means that i give up on everything this FC has ever acheived an is likely to acheive in the future, no chance- cause we will acheive more success in the future!!!

now who's being naive, you may have given up on LFC but i will never,ever be accept anyone calling me naive because i love an believe in LFC . if that is what you think i am

please ignore my posts from now on, cause i for one will never give up on the team, the manager an everyone connected with the club. so if you think still now i,m being naive ignore my posts cause i make no appologises for sticking to what i believe in an that is 'in the real world' I will sing 'this liver bird upon my chest' cause that is realalism -we will continue to be succesfull, no matter what people say.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:11 pm

redhayesy wrote:Be as naive as you want.

what a great imput to the discussion, in challenging times that we face as a FC, let's all just dismiss our history an what it stands for!

that's why i  will never be naive, an give up cause i live,breath an eat LFC , so you can live in your so- called real world, i will live in the real world of LFC an what has made us succesfull in the past an will continue to make us succesfull in the future! it's called FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT!

that's living in the real world- me being naive means that i give up on everything this FC has ever acheived an is likely to acheive in the future, no chance- cause we will acheive more success in the future!!!

now who's being naive, you may have given up on LFC but i will never,ever be accept anyone calling me naive because i love an believe in LFC . if that is what you think i am

please ignore my posts from now on, cause i for one will never give up on the team, the manager an everyone connected with the club. so if you think still now i,m being naive ignore my posts cause i make no appologises for sticking to what i believe in an that is 'in the real world' I will sing 'this liver bird upon my chest' cause that is realalism -we will continue to be succesfull, no matter what people say.[/quote]
Someone's had a few shandys :laugh:

Spouting bollox doesn't make you any more of a fan mate.  The fact still remains we're in a bad situation right now.  You can deal with it two ways... like me you can be realistic and accept that we're fu.cked this season, and hope we can somehow keep hold of our best players, scrape into the top four, somehow find a few bargain basement gems in the summer and come again... or like you you can bury your head in the sand, maintain that we can still win the title this season and believe you're a 'real fan' for it.  Do what you like mate.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:52 pm

john craig wrote:
redhayesy wrote:Be as naive as you want.

please ignore my posts from now on, cause i for one will never give up on the team, the manager an everyone connected with the club. so if you think still now i,m being naive ignore my posts cause i make no appologises for sticking to what i believe in an that is 'in the real world' I will sing 'this liver bird upon my chest' cause that is realalism -we will continue to be succesfull, no matter what people say.

Someone's had a few shandys :laugh:

Spouting bollox doesn't make you any more of a fan mate.  The fact still remains we're in a bad situation right now.  You can deal with it two ways... like me you can be realistic and accept that we're fu.cked this season, and hope we can somehow keep hold of our best players, scrape into the top four, somehow find a few bargain basement gems in the summer and come again... or like you you can bury your head in the sand, maintain that we can still win the title this season and believe you're a 'real fan' for it.  Do what you like mate.[/quote]
what an 3927 posts makes you a better fan! i rest my case with this forum at the moment. when did i say iwas a better fan than anyone else. as for spouting b0ll0x, do not fecking insult me or my intelligence towards LFC. you also can do what you like, but do not insult my belief in LFC.

people that know me on this forum, know enough that i don't bury my head in the sand- i just believe an support the team through thick an thin, if that equates to me burying my head in the sand, then so be it an make no appologies for it.

so yes i will do what i like.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:32 pm

damn another draw.. Was expected i guess..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:38 pm

I have no idea why Rafa is happy about the draw.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:41 pm

metalhead wrote:I have no idea why Rafa is happy about the draw.

Probably because he saw losing the game was a very real possibility. I certainly thought so during the game.  :down:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Sabre wrote:

Probably because he saw losing the game was a very real possibility. I certainly thought so during the game.  :down:

When the 2nd goal went in, I was like here we go again, another defeat and more shyte.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Sabre wrote:

Agreed Sabre.

Unfortunately a draw wasn't a bad result in the context of how the game went.  Better than we deserved probably.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games