BLACKBURN ROVERS v LIVERPOOL - Saturday 5 december 2009 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Emerald Red wrote:They have advisors. Or maybe Rafa doesn't? Either way, pick yer poison. We're stuck with what we got.

If this form continues I wouldn't bet on it mate. Our players might all be speaking German this time next season.   :D
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:09 pm

aCe' wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
aCe' wrote:HAHAHA... fck not being a real supporter.. YOU'RE THE ENEMY :angry:

mmm... interesting stufff...

Agree on it being silly for people to wish we lose just for us to keep a record... but its mostly out of frustration more than anything...

People just need to relax a little, draw against Blackburn wasnt out of the blue.. only went on to prove what most already knew... Hopefully Rafa learns a thing or two from this run, and maybe makes changes for the games to come... Surely we cant continue with this form until the end of the season now can we ?!

Right, let me tell you this: next time you're stood in the Kop, stand up and shout at the top of your voice for the other team to score with a Liverpool shirt on. Stand up and shout that we want to lose. You'll be a right popular chap.

think you got the wrong guy there... wouldnt want us to lose even if it meant ManUtd winning whatever... Just think its a bit silly you coming on trying to sort everyone out with a silly picture and a clueless post to follow...

People are frustrated and mostly rightly so... People being a little more objective would go a long way in making this thread/debate/whatever half decent...

I say it like I see it.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:10 pm

No. Read it again...

I

Don't

Give

A

Bollox

I don't care what Man U do. I care what we do! Understand? Or are you too thick to do that? I'm a Liverpool supporter, not a f*cking worry about what our rival does supporter. That's the problem with some of our fan base. We are too busy worrying about them than us.

@hit......bollox...its all the same thing.

You pick on the member who said he doesn't mind us losing a few more matches (yes it was a daft thing to say i admit)

BUT.... then you come up with your version of not giving a damn (or a bollox...or whatever) of manure beating our record.

What you said isn't that much better either is it ?.

What kind of a fan ...or a  "real fan" or a "superfan" wouldn't give a bollox about manure beating our record ?  :glare:

So what gives you the right to question fellow member's loyalty to this club ?
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:It is not just the manager at fault here.

Indeed, but that will fall on deaf ears Im afraid, people just want to blame him for every single thing that is happening at the momment he has balls of steal, if I was him Id have said feck it a long time ago and walked.

Yea, some said Rafa had to go when we drew away to Wigan last season  :shifty
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:14 pm

Effes wrote:Yea, some said Rafa had to go when we drew away to Wigan last season  :shifty

:wwww
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:15 pm

The_Rock wrote:So what gives you the right to question fellow member's loyalty to this club ?

Because loyalty means something. It means that you stick with something thick and thin; that your viewpoint never wavers.

To wish defeat is defeating the very deffinition of the term "loyalty".
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:18 pm

@ The_Rock, i didnt say few more matches. i meant, i do not mind seeing us lose to Chelsea or Arsenal (depending on who poses a bigger threat to the scums) if it means them winning the title cause come on, what else have we got to cheer about this season? a defense of our record which has stood for ages is like a victory itself. i would take that cause that's how bad things are this season.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
The_Rock wrote:So what gives you the right to question fellow member's loyalty to this club ?

Because loyalty means something. It means that you stick with something thick and thin; that your viewpoint never wavers.

To wish defeat is defeating the very deffinition of the term "loyalty".

I know how you like quotes mate ...... this one might have been written for you  :-   "I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their lives." Tolstoy
account deleted by request

Postby The_Rock » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Whoop there it is...

Rafael Benitez admitted Liverpool paid the price for missed opportunities but insisted they were continuing to improve after they were held to a goalless draw against Blackburn Rovers on

The Reds produced a dominant second-half showing against the Lancashire outfit but could not convert their chances, leaving the boss frustrated with a result that brings an end to their winning run.

"I'm a little bit frustrated," he told his post-match press conference.  "I felt we could win the game. In the first-half we didn't play very well but it was a difficult match. They were very direct and we were expecting that.

"After that we changed it with Ngog in attack and Nabil (El Zhar). We were more dangerous and had chances to win. They also had two counter attacks which could have seen us lose. But I think the team played much better in the second-half.

"It is a clean sheet and we played better football than the other day, so we are improving, but you have to win these types of games. We had chances, but you need to score from them if you want to win matches."

The Reds almost broke the deadlock midway through the second 45 when David Ngog's close range effort cannoned back off the crossbar, and the boss admitted he was surprised the Frenchman hadn't found the back of the net.

"I was convinced it was a goal," he said "And after that Kuyt had the rebound but it was well blocked.

"We were disappointed but in the last minute we nearly conceded a goal. This is football."

He added: "I was pleased with Ngog and Nabil did well when he came on. Hopefully Torres will be available for the next game and maybe he will be on the bench - if everything is okay over the next few days."
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm fully behind ER on the Manc issue.  There are a couple ways we could stop them by reaching 19:  One by winning it ourselves, two by letting our rivals beat us for 6 points without earning it (simply letting Chelsea win, as some posters said we should), and three beating the Mancs home and Away and hoping someone else can perform well enough to rightfully earn it (us or someone else).  Well, the legal ways anyway  :p.  The only way we SHOULD try to stop them is by having a go at it ourselves, and by doing the double on them.  Sure, this season the title wont be ours, but we've done our part in trying to stop the Mancs, no point in obsessing over it.
SupitsJonF

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:12 pm

I don't think the mancs are going to win it this year.. for me Chelsea are the tean to beat, they look pretty unbeatable at the moment and have the swagger of champions.  Man U seem to be struggling to win games this year, and I think their luck will run out

We on the other hand look further away than winning the title since Rafa took over, this season we have to get 4th and hopefully sort out some of the problems for next season either with or without Rafa
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby red_guy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:17 pm

The_Rock wrote:Whoop there it is...

Rafael Benitez admitted Liverpool paid the price for missed opportunities but insisted they were continuing to improve after they were held to a goalless draw against Blackburn Rovers on

The Reds produced a dominant second-half showing against the Lancashire outfit but could not convert their chances, leaving the boss frustrated with a result that brings an end to their winning run.

"I'm a little bit frustrated," he told his post-match press conference.  "I felt we could win the game. In the first-half we didn't play very well but it was a difficult match. They were very direct and we were expecting that.

"After that we changed it with Ngog in attack and Nabil (El Zhar). We were more dangerous and had chances to win. They also had two counter attacks which could have seen us lose. But I think the team played much better in the second-half.

"It is a clean sheet and we played better football than the other day, so we are improving, but you have to win these types of games. We had chances, but you need to score from them if you want to win matches."

The Reds almost broke the deadlock midway through the second 45 when David Ngog's close range effort cannoned back off the crossbar, and the boss admitted he was surprised the Frenchman hadn't found the back of the net.

"I was convinced it was a goal," he said "And after that Kuyt had the rebound but it was well blocked.

"We were disappointed but in the last minute we nearly conceded a goal. This is football."

He added: "I was pleased with Ngog and Nabil did well when he came on. Hopefully Torres will be available for the next game and maybe he will be on the bench - if everything is okay over the next few days."

I just cant stand the word 'continuing to improve'. I don't see any improvement for the last 3 years ecept for 3 consecutive wins against the scum. Yes, we have better player in Torres but that's it. No silverware for 3 seasons already. Anfield is still not a fortress for us. We haven't reached the 'Valencia status' that rafa so proud of.We play boring football. Most of our players are not good enough. and the list goes on. Yes, the fecking yanks are somewhat responsible for all this but rafa also should take the blame.  "I was pleased with Ngog" - that shows our true ambition....

Most of us here also concerned about the 'real fans' thing ..well, we're all real fans because we all care about the club but we also have different opinions on things regarding our beloved club. So please, stop insulting each other just because you didn't agree with their opinions.
Last edited by red_guy on Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:57 pm

We haven't improved, its the same old story all over again, it just proves that we are still not good enough, we are a decent team but some players in our first team are not just not good enough to start every game.

Again, we did not push, we are the same as a mid table team, win one week, draw or lose the next. I'm sorry, unfortunately we are going backwards :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:10 pm

I wish Benitez would just fuck off at this point. I'm getting sick to death of seeing Liverpool play in their own half, with a single striker up top completely out of his depth.

That was really depressing today. They didn't even try.
tonyeh

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Torres come back :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games