BIRMINGHAM CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 4 april - ko: 15.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:23 pm

those going on about gerrard's "reaction" to the substitution, ask yourselves this. whether he agreed with the substitution or not, is that an acceptable way for the captain of the club to react?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Of course the irony is it will cost us a place in next years big competition.

Rafa wont care if hes not here though Scott will he? Think about it?

I bet Gerrard and Torres will be thinking about it
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 pm

stmichael wrote:those going on about gerrard's "reaction" to the substitution, ask yourselves this. whether he agreed with the substitution or not, is that an acceptable way for the captain of the club to react?

Yes. However his reaction after Torres went off was even better. Rather than see his backside he got involved in the match and tried to make things happen, and almost did. His bewilderment in the change is totally understandable. Its players like Torres that make the difference between 3 points to 1 or 0.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 pm

stmichael wrote:those going on about gerrard's "reaction" to the substitution, ask yourselves this. whether he agreed with the substitution or not, is that an acceptable way for the captain of the club to react?

I think so.

If it's detrimental to the overall good of the team, as that sub was today, then yes.

Clearly Gerrard was absolutely perplexed (and that's being nice) about Benitez's decision today and it showed clearly and HONESTLY on his face.

I don't think he "meant" to pull a face or anything. It was just a very natural reaction.

I was making the same one.
tonyeh

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Here we go with a bit of Gerrard bashing. He scores a fantastic goal off the left wing, puts a couple on a plate for N'Gog, and because he scratches his head at an inopportune moment while a camera is on him, we should slaughter him  :laugh: .

What about Torres as he raised his eyebrows and shook his head, we should drop him as well right?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:31 pm

tonyeh wrote:

I think so.

If it's detrimental to the overall good of the team, as that sub was today, then yes.

Clearly Gerrard was absolutely perplexed (and that's being nice) about Benitez's decision today and it showed clearly and HONESTLY on his face.

I don't think he "meant" to pull a face or anything. It was just a very natural reaction.

so you think it's ok for the captain of this football club to undermine the manager both on camera and off camera, if it means the manager going?

what a sad state of affairs.
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:31 pm

You mean the player who was asked not to have an operation so that he could help Liverpool gain 4th place. The player that has been playing with injury and (probably) in pain for much of the season. Why should he show puzzlement when it appears that it was all for nothing, with another baffling Benitez decision ? I am just surprised he restrained himself with a look and a scratch at his head, maybe another gesture would have been more appropriate..... I am pretty sure Roy Keane would have made it.

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Copy & Paste? :shifty
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Ciggy wrote:Copy & Paste? :shifty

:D Carlsburg ?

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:43 pm

Ciggy wrote:Copy & Paste? :shifty

Ah right. I might as well just log onto RAWK or wherever it is and just cut out the middle man. Poor ol Micks probably had to put the same arguments to the other gadgie that we put up to see how he responds to it before he reports back  :D .
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 pm

s@int wrote:I am pretty sure Roy Keane would have made it.

i actually dont think he would.

Namely because he wouldnt have to. Ol' whisky nose would never have taken off 3 attack minded players if it was 1-1 and he needed a win
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 pm

stmichael wrote:
tonyeh wrote:

I think so.

so you think it's ok for the captain of this football club to undermine the manager both on camera and off camera, if it means the manager going?

what a sad state of affairs.

Yes, it is OK.

I don't think Gerrard is trying to undermine Benitez. He's just baffled at the stupid decision.

Liverpool had just scored (granted the oppo got one in too), but things were looking better after a truly dire first half and the fat man brings off the most potent threat the side possesses? In a must win game?

That reaction is bang on as far as I'm concerned Mick.
tonyeh

Postby bigmick » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 pm

On a slight change of tack (not that anyone's interested) but I don't have Birminghams goal down to Johnson. I think he has to track in as Carragher and the Greek get a bit lost and one of the Brum players gets open. For me, Ridgewell must have run half a mile from left full back and our right sided midfielder should be picking him up. Don't know if it was Maxi or Kuyt, but one of em must be asleep I think.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:49 pm

No matter what happens now, if we dont win every single game Rafa is going to get slated after every draw or defeat
He is the architect of his own downfall but the players have to take some responsibility. Especially the ones who havent tried their best to turn it around.
He was always going to struggle when he got rid of Alonso but who knew that it would be this much? His stubborness and lack of tactical awareness have cost him (and us) dear.
Yes he can blame bad luck in certain cases but everyone has bad luck sometimes.
No he must take the vast majority of the blame for the situation were in. I get no satisfaction in seeing him make a cu'nt out of himself in interviews. In fact I wish he wouldnt give them. But thats another flaw in his character. He has to justify his decisions and try to make it look like something that was out of his control which caused the draw or loss.
Sad
:(
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:53 pm

tonyeh wrote:

I think so.

Agree with that, completely natural reaction and one that was shared by every LFC fan who witnessed the substitution although there are a few on here who would have you believe they weren't shaking their heads in disbelief with Gerrard, toores and the rest of us.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games