BIRMINGHAM CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 4 april - ko: 15.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:07 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Fergie probably comes closest these days.

The hell he does. That bitter ole b@stard isnt fit to lace Shankly's boots. Not even close to the great man. Where Shankly was humourous and likeable Ferguson is the total opposite.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Not necesarily tocuhing on the humourous and likeable side, i'm talking about the respect he commands from players and what he can do with an average bunch of players ( look at what he has done with Utd this season ).

Fergie is a bitter old :censored:, but he is old school in management style and he has done it with Utd
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:18 pm

bigmick wrote:The cynic in me says that winning the European Copa Cup will look better on some peoples CV's than managing to get his team into fourth in the league will. I simply cannot see any other explanation for "resting" players in this match.

I said the same thing weeks ago and got told to fuck off by a few people, its not that strange now though thinking about it is it?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm

i think some people read to much into things sometimes, it wasnt like he was playing a blinder anyway, now im not saying i agreed with it but you can see why he done it, infact it did work and with a better striker it would of came off.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby tonyeh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:40 pm

Hang on. It didn't "work".

The surge from midfield had midfield to do with Torres coming off.
tonyeh

Postby tonyeh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Looking at the match again on MOTD 2. Even more depressing.

Those faces. Especially Gerrard's WTF face.

N'Gog and Maxi...feckin hell  :no
tonyeh

Postby tonyeh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 pm

Ciggy wrote:
bigmick wrote:The cynic in me says that winning the European Copa Cup will look better on some peoples CV's than managing to get his team into fourth in the league will. I simply cannot see any other explanation for "resting" players in this match.

I said the same thing weeks ago and got told to fuck off by a few people, its not that strange now though thinking about it is it?

I agree with you both.

It's another nail in Benitez's coffin for me.

Working in your own CV, while screwing the near future of the club.

Disgrace.
tonyeh

Postby Fauxy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:47 pm

The faces that Torres and Gerrard made just shows that they dont trust his managment.. and I dont blame them.

Torres was clearly in good condition to carry on with the match ffs, and the chances that N'gog missed Torres would have absolutly nailed them.

Even if we make fourth spot and win the Europa I still want Rafa out
Fauxy

Postby tonyeh » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 pm

Me too.

No more of this nonsense. The joke is over.
tonyeh

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Fauxy wrote:the chances that N'gog missed Torres would have absolutly nailed them.

it's too simple to just say that. the fact is we didn't ever look like creating those three chances with torres on the pitch. i actually though ngog played really well when he came on, minus the finishing. he transformed our attacking play.

i agree with you in principal though. you don't take torres off when he's scored 5 in his last 3 and isn't injured in a game we need to win. the logical swap was ngog for kuyt.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Bad Bob wrote:The look on Torres' and Gerrard's faces said it all.

I didn't see the game and I've only just caught the analysis on MOTD2 and I agree completely, the look on those lad's faces sums up the entire season. It was a look that said 'what the fook is he doing? a look of total disbelief, bafflement )is that a word?) and bewilderment.

How anyone can sit at their keyboard and defend the decision when our two best player are in such obvious disbelief is beyond me.

F...u...c...k the Europa league on Thursday f...u...c...k it, we DESPERATELY need this 4th place so who cares if Torres is "exhausted", get Ngog on to give him some support but to take the lad off.

In previous seasons Rafa might have got away with this type of thing but not this year. Crazy decision.

We've blown it now :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:54 pm

What a terrible sub.  We should have won anyway but when you do things like that you don't help yourself at all.  So :censored:.
Zidane

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:57 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

I agree with you both.

It's another nail in Benitez's coffin for me.

Working in your own CV, while screwing the near future of the club.

Disgrace.

I don't buy that myself, I just think he has always held European competition in high regard and can't help but prioritise. Of course the irony is it will cost us a place in next years big competition.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:14 pm

Scottbot wrote:Of course the irony is it will cost us a place in next years big competition.

Rafa wont care if hes not here though Scott will he? Think about it?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Of course the irony is it will cost us a place in next years big competition.

Rafa wont care if hes not here though Scott will he? Think about it?

you could be onto something, I dunno, I really hope not :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games