Who will provide the biggest impact? - Of our recent summer signings?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Who will provide the biggest impact? - Of our recent summer signings?

Craig Bellamy
53%
Jermaine Pennant
21%
Mark Gonzalez
18%
Fabio Aurelio
2%
Gabriel Paletta
3%
Gary Ablett
3%

Total votes : 118

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:04 am

I would have to say that so far we have made some exceptional signings. Paletta looks a bargain as does Gonzalez. Lets hope that Aurelio isn't out for long, after the Kaiserslauten game. I would imagine that if we do not sign another right-side winger for competition, Pennant will get a heck of a lot of game time, which is great news for team dynamics.

A lot has been made about the two "troubled" signings this summer, and even though I would agree that those days are behind them, the media would love for them to fumble the ball while playing for us.

To me, I think it would be a toss up between Bellamy and Gonzo. Seeing Gonzo playing for La U de Chile and recently in the La Liga, I am convinced that he will see Kewell to the bench. Kewell is very one-dimensional, and although he is inspiring to the team with short bursts into the box, Gonzo can do all that in waves. Gonzo is a lot more accurate than Kewell in regards to passing and shots on goal.

Bellamy has the pace and audacity to take on the last defenders. He can put the ball away when he is 1-1 with the keeper, which is something we lacked when Owen left. He will be a massive hit.

A toss of the coin sees Gonzo making the biggest impact at Anfield this season over Bellamy.

NB I added Gary Ablett in here cos we need some major development in our reserves. Here's looking to you Gaza!! Hope you will be hugely successful!
Last edited by el_stinger on Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:15 am

I picked Bellamy.

Looking like the finisher we have craved so much over the past season with every game that comes.

I used to think that the prediction of Craig Bellamy getting more than 20 or so goals a season were ridiculous; but I'm not so sure that I can say the same now.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:20 am

I went for Bellamy to make the biggest impact. He is a talented player with the drive and pace to trouble any team. I am still of the opinion he will struggle to score more than 15 league goals (even after his recent performances), but I think he will be creating chances and worrying defences all season. I think he is a major improvement to the team and I am confident IF he can keep out of trouble on and off the pitch he will prove to be a bargain.
account deleted by request

Postby GOAT » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:49 am

Paletta or Bellamy, maybe gonzalez but i think there may have been too much hype over him, I think aurelio and pennant will significantly improve our team this season aswell, they both looked good in yesterdays match
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby koro » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:49 am

i picked Gonzalez.... i think he got everything what players need to be in wing side ... speed, skill and good pass... and I hope he show to this team what he can do best...
koro

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:52 am

GOAT wrote:Paletta or Bellamy, maybe gonzalez but i think there may have been too much hype over him

Dont say that mate - Im nervous enough already  :D
account deleted by request

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:04 am

Going against the crowd here...i pick pennant.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:20 am

s@int wrote:
GOAT wrote:Paletta or Bellamy, maybe gonzalez but i think there may have been too much hype over him

Dont say that mate - Im nervous enough already  :D

No need to be nervous mate, Gonzo is gonna kick some major @ss this season!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:27 am

GOAT wrote:Paletta or Bellamy, maybe gonzalez 

I think aurelio and pennant will significantly improve our team this season aswell

Hedging your bets then GOAT?  :D
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:28 am

I'll say Bellamy will turn out to be the best buy.  6 million is an absolute steal if he ends up scoring 20 goals for us this season.  And it's still good value if he scores around 15 with squad rotation etc.

All this talk of his knees being shot is rubbish imo.  If they were then Blackburn would've known about it and wouldn't have offered him 65k per week to stay.

Palleta also looks a really good signing.  What has happened to Agger though?  Is he injured again?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:51 am

Paletta is awesome but last season we was terrific at the back and wasnt too good scoring the goals so i went for bellamy. He is a great goal scorer and with a midfeild behind him like our midfeild can give him a great shout for the golden boot. Although i think Pennant will improve us very much down the right.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:49 pm

Bellamy im going to say, if he gets his head down and doesnt kick off and just gets on with his football(like he did at Blackburn) then he will be a fantastic signing.
82-1074641017

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:55 pm

i pick gonzalez :laugh:
onizukaeikichi

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:02 pm

having seen 3 latest pre season matches, i'd say pennant will make a considerable impact through his crosses. this crosses will particularly benefit bellamy (and crouch) to score more. so bellamy gets my number two.
paletta will only get better and better, but he'll be at his peak at the nest season.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:13 pm

There's no doubt in my mind that it will be Bellamy, he has all the attributes to be a major success.
Not only does he have pace and determination, the lad can shoot with either foot and is constantly making clever runs.
I think if he can steer clear of injuries then he will score 15-20 league goals without question.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion