Who will provide the biggest impact? - Of our recent summer signings?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Who will provide the biggest impact? - Of our recent summer signings?

Craig Bellamy
53%
Jermaine Pennant
21%
Mark Gonzalez
18%
Fabio Aurelio
2%
Gabriel Paletta
3%
Gary Ablett
3%

Total votes : 118

Postby Liverpool_In_My_Blood » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:18 am

I voted for Ablett because it all depends on the way Rafa plays. Aurellio may not play. I don't think Paletta is ready just yet. Bellamy may not be able to play with either Crouch or Fowler, although he seems to be playing well with Fowler. After Kewell's and Gerrard's form last year whos to say Pennant and Gonzalez will get ago. And Abletthas already brought 5 of the kids to train with the first team, includes Anderson, Antwi and Hobbs (all of which were in our youth team last year.) And i am one of these who thinks the kids should be given ago. A lot of best players have come through the accedmy of some club or another, so lets get them in there.
Last edited by Liverpool_In_My_Blood on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
people say laughing is the best remody for illness and that is why Evertonians never get sick
Liverpool_In_My_Blood

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:57 am

went for gonzales. seen a couple of games he has played in and he looks an exciting player
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:50 am

Went with Bellamy. Rafa has given him a target of 15 goals but i would be hoping he was being a bit conservative.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:05 am

Billy_5_Times wrote:
bigmick wrote:As a footnote I expect this season that Sissoko will emerge as an absolute monster of a midfield player and could be something very special indeed.

Momo may struggle to get into the side this year, I'm affraid to say. With Pennant on the right that means Gerrard is back in the middle with Xabi. So unless Rafa changes the formation, Momo may only be back up and not have as much of an impact as he did last year.

I am a huge fan of Momo and want him to play. But with what I've just said, he may not get the chance this year.

Sissoko won't be dropped from the team. He and Alonso provide a much better midfield pairing than Gerrard and Alonso. There will be lots of rotation but Gerrard had his best season last season playing on the right and Sissoko & Alonso provided the right balance between defence and attack in our side, so why fix what's not broken?
48-1119859832

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:12 am

0asis wrote:
Billy_5_Times wrote:
bigmick wrote:As a footnote I expect this season that Sissoko will emerge as an absolute monster of a midfield player and could be something very special indeed.

Momo may struggle to get into the side this year, I'm affraid to say. With Pennant on the right that means Gerrard is back in the middle with Xabi. So unless Rafa changes the formation, Momo may only be back up and not have as much of an impact as he did last year.

I am a huge fan of Momo and want him to play. But with what I've just said, he may not get the chance this year.

Sissoko won't be dropped from the team. He and Alonso provide a much better midfield pairing than Gerrard and Alonso. There will be lots of rotation but Gerrard had his best season last season playing on the right and Sissoko & Alonso provided the right balance between defence and attack in our side, so why fix what's not broken?

Have to agree with Oasis that Alonso and Sissoko in the middle with Gerrard on the right is our best option - those 3 were immense last season and dropping any of them other than resting them for the odd game is unthinkable.

Also agree with Bigmick that Sissoko could kick on and be an absolute colossus in midfield this season.  Last season he improved almost every week and his passing which was awful at the start of the season, got better.  I don't think there's a better tackling midfielder in the premiership right now, and I include Makelele in that.  Makelele doesn't need to tackle so much as his positional play and tactical awareness are so good - but that comes with experience.  Sissoko has the potential to be as good as if not better than Makelele.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:27 am

i'm hoping for bellamy to give us the much needed goals we needed last season fingers crossed he keeps his head down and doesnt fukc up

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:35 am

daxy1 wrote:i'm hoping for bellamy to give us the much needed goals we needed last season fingers crossed he keeps his head down and doesnt fukc up

I hoping he will score around twenty odd this season and I'd like us to sign another striker but they seem pretty limited at the moment, so it looks like Kuyt.
48-1119859832

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:14 pm

Nice sig, Oasis...DWard's got the touch! :bowdown
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby OctopusesGarden » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:41 pm

i went for Bellamy, play's in the best position to have a major impact by getting goals an we cant dispute his ability to do so

think it may take a while for Gonzo to bed in as with Aurelio,

Pennant would be my 2nd choice, he's got such a direct aproach, not to mentiona pointto prove
OctopusesGarden

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:36 pm

In fact I hope all our new signings make a big impact in the right manner of course.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:05 pm

I'd like to think that all will contribute greatly,but i do feel the two wide men Pennant and Gonzalez will make the biggest impact on the team as a unit.
In saying this i mean that last season for a lot of the time we were too one dimentional and played a lot of route one football.This was not the fault of the players of course,or the manager but we simply did not have two out and out wingers that supplied consistant quality crosses to feed the forwards.
I think this was our biggest problem last season and we will see a huge improvement as a result of these 2 signings!
I dont really know an awful lot about Aurellio and Palletta apart from bits and pieces that i have seen,but im sure they'll do good given the chance and am looking forward to seeing them play.
As for Bellamy im delighted we got him,he wont ever e a 25 a season man end of story,but  will score goals(id say around 15).
What he will do is run with pace that scares the sh.it outta the opposition and create chances for others.Its great that we have a lot more pace this season,the difference with Bellamy and Gonzalez is that they do things with their pace..unlike Cisse who basically just ran!

Overall the squad is looking a lot more stable and rounded,this time last season we were showing a few gaps in the squad and making do...Thats not the case this time,we're looking a lot better and will be closer to Chelsea,maybe even above them!
66-1120597113

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:35 pm

Bellamy will.

Despite all his antics at previous clubs Bellamy's effort and determination could never be faulted. He is now surrounded by quality players and if he stays injury free, he cannot but succeed.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby scouser 'til I die » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:48 pm

I picked pennant

Simply because we have struggled with the right side of the midfield for so long. I feel he is the answer to our prayers, maybe he hasn't got experience or he hasn't made  his name on the big stage yet, but hes still a growing lad and i think he will turn into something amazing, perhaps this season, or maybe the next, but i have faith in the fella. YNWA :cool:

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:48 pm

definitely bellamy. the guy's a top class player and will excel from having better players around him. infact i wouldn't be surprised if he gets on the shortlist for PFA player of the year.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby thegreenred » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:52 pm

b,ellamy gets my vote if he can score 17 goals for an average club like blackburn imagine what he can achieve with the passing abbility of gerrard and alonso
thegreenred

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion