Torres, is there any fee big enough........ - To make us sell him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 6:50 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Effes wrote:
s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Nobody, not any company, anywhere in the entire world releases their account records to anyone. Ever. And that, is a fact.

As usual you are talking out of your backend mate. Every limited or public company has BY LAW to forward a copy of their accounts to Company House where BY LAW anyone can view them. A small charge is required but thats all.

Company house

Fact  :laugh:

:D

Keks well and truly pulled down there!

Not at all. Every company has to disclose there accounts to certain authorative figures, council, tax offices. The public are not one of them. And therefore proving my point. Tell me saint. If you have access to such secretive info why isnt everything printed, indeed why indeed do we not have access to everything going on with every club, not just ourselves, chelsea, man utd, why indeed do you need to back up everything with press releases.

Because you know, just as I do, its rubbish. You rely on the triggers of ciggy, nanny red, and the rest who believe the tripe you put up that the club is doomed. It isnt it just gives you ammunition to spew forward more tripe. Its getting tiresome. The club have released no such figures, I know it, you know, but let the ignorant believe it. At least, at the end of the day, people will believe what they will. And they will see through you.

The main functions of Companies House are to:
incorporate and dissolve limited companies,examine and store company information delivered under the Companies Act and related legislation; and make this information available to the public. 
A live feed from Companies House gives access to original document images including Company Accounts and Annual Returns filed at Companies House
                     ---------------------------
This is not secretive information and if you want access to ANY COMPANY'S ACCOUNTS it is freely available.How the hell do you think PEOPLE DECIDE WHICH SHARES TO BUY AND WHICH TO SELL? I have shares in a few companies, every year I get a full financial breakdown of the companies I hold shares in, from how much they pay in wages to how much they make/lose and what assets they have. So does EVERY SHAREHOLDER.

Alternatively if you want the financial account for a company you don't hold shares in you go to the link I provided and pay a small fee AND RECEIVE THE SAME INFORMATION. Or if you dont wish to pay a fee most companies end of year accounts are readily available on teletext or in the broadsheet newspapers the day after they come out. (YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A SECRET AGENT TO READ THEM)

Or if you are really clever you could just visit the lfc.tv official website and view these secret documents there :D
LFC.TV ANNUAL REPORT

Stop spouting fkn garbage and just do a simple search in google. Just type in "How do I access company accounts". Or is that too complex for you? Alternatively simply follow my link!

Just try reading before opening your mouth you might find your foot doesn't get stuck there as often.

I REALLY AM BEGINNING TO SUSPECT YOU ARE A MORON, I know it, you know it, and I think most other people KNOW IT.

I can understand anyone arguing with the conclusions people are making, because they are open to interpretation, but you are arguing against published and documented facts.(secrets   :laugh: )
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 28, 2008 7:07 am

Effes wrote:
Effes wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
s@int wrote:I think if we accepted £200million for Torres it would be a disaster for Liverpool. Not because we would lose Torres (although that would be bad) but because I think you would find Gerrard for one would be packing his own bags before Torres arrived in London.

It would be the final acceptance that we are no longer one of the big boys and next time we have a star player they will be looking around for a "big club" just like all the "selling clubs" players do.

:nod
Enough said really

And then here you agree we shouldn't sell even for £200M.

Make your mind up.

Here was the next post:

that was before i read saint's post but like i said no one is bigger then the club
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 28, 2008 1:35 pm

maybe i'm wrong, but Liverpool FC was a big and sucessful club before Torres joined and i dare say it will be after he's left, whenever that may be.

200 million?  I'd snap their arm off!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Torres, is there any fee big enough........

No way, like Gerrard he is priceless.
66-1112520797

Postby redsince2001 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:56 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qGmxWT2AP8g&feature=related

i wish we could get a couple more attacking players to support him ........ we would win the leauge next year for sure provided he keeps fit . strikers like that win leagues for you ............ only if we had a couple more attacking options!

:blues:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Stop spouting fkn garbage and just do a simple search in google.

I will not search google, i'll just stop spouting garbage.

Just try reading before opening your mouth you might find your foot doesn't get stuck there as often.

Dont kid yourself, I spend my entire life sticking my foot there. One time working at a hotel in cleethorpes France v Italy were playing in the final. I was having a couple of jars with the regulars when one asked "who will win?" I said "france, f@ucking frogs..." and yes sure enough, at the bar, were two frenchmen.

I REALLY AM BEGINNING TO SUSPECT YOU ARE A MORON, I know it, you know it, and I think most other people KNOW IT.

Actually when im on one its a fact, I argued with my missus after one session at 4 in the morning that it was 1 o'clock and the clocks are knackered !

Last night I got into a good session, drinking that is and got to the point of arguing for the sake of arguing. I apologise to saint and everyone on here for the utter tripe I was spewing I swear to god, next time I will castrate myself. If I was an alcoholic id be more used to beer....I'll work on it I promise !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 11:10 pm

No problem mate , thanks for the apology and sorry for calling you a moron.

Postby Sabre » Thu May 29, 2008 12:06 am

Last night I got into a good session, drinking that is and got to the point of arguing for the sake of arguing. I apologise to saint and everyone on here for the utter tripe I was spewing I swear to god, next time I will castrate myself. If I was an alcoholic id be more used to beer....I'll work on it I promise !

Knowing to backtrack in time, is a sign of wisdom. Well done.

Here too enterprises are forced to give info to their stock holders, and before meetings and assemblies they must send reports to the stockholders. The difference is that you don't have to pay charges for that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 29, 2008 12:17 am

Sabre wrote:

Knowing to backtrack in time, is a sign of wisdom. Well done.

Here too enterprises are forced to give info to their stock holders, and before meetings and assemblies they must send reports to the stockholders. The difference is that you don't have to pay charges for that.

Shareholders dont pay charges here either Sabre, its if you want information about a company you don't hold shares in that you have to pay a fee. (I think its only £1 anyway)If you go on most companies website you can usually read their last financial report for free anyway mate.

Postby Reg » Thu May 29, 2008 1:21 am

red_guy wrote:We should keep torres. It's the same case with Gerrard.. These players come once in  every 50 years....so the idea of selling our biggest, rarest type of  players is out of the question...unless we are the midtable or lower table 'no ambition , selling and small' team.

Amongst all the josslling, I tend to agree with this comment.

We would never have sold Fowler, Own, Dalglish, Souness, Hunt, St John when they were at their peak as they were the heart of the team, so what sense (not why) would it make to sell Torres when he could be play a major part in putting this club back where we belong?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:17 pm

If we sold Torres who of equal ability could we sign and for how much? Doesn't make any sense unless you get stupid money and have a replacement lined up. And who's to say the replacement wouldn't flop? We've got a goalscoring striker, once you get into silly money that would justify selling him the bids would not be forthcoming.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:40 pm

really late for this thread and this has obviously been said lots of times.

If we sold torres for 100m (obviously not going to happen anyway) we could buy lots of good players but we couldn't buy another torres.

We would be better off with Torres than any amount of money we could get.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:31 am

Me mate and I had an interesting discussion this morning regarding this topic again. I was adamant about holding on to him but a scenario was presented to me that had me thinking...

What if Chelsea gave us Drogba and 30 million quid for Torres? With that 30 million, we could buy Villa and we'd sort out BOTH of the striking positions. Gets you thinking doesn't it?

I'm of the opinion that neither Villa or Drogba on their own is as good as Torres.... but together, looks like a pretty formidable strikeforce doesn't it?
Then all we'd need to do is sort out the wings.

Never gonna happen of course but it got me to thinking anyways....
ConnO'var

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 pm

Drogba is not better in terms of skill and pace but he is as strong as an ox . He would be good addition to the team but than again  he's 30 years old , how much longer does he have to play . Torres is so much younger . Worth a gamble i reckon , villa would be quality but than again he could be a flop , like torres could have been . SImply , don't fix anything that's not broken
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:17 am

Toffeehater wrote:Drogba is not better in terms of skill and pace but he is as strong as an ox . He would be good addition to the team but than again  he's 30 years old , how much longer does he have to play . Torres is so much younger . Worth a gamble i reckon , villa would be quality but than again he could be a flop , like torres could have been . Simply , don't fix anything that's not broken

Good point mate......

But Torres does need a partner if we play 442 or partners if we retain the 4321 formation. Quality partner that is.... Doesn't look like its gonna happen next season judging from the start of the silly season..... Still its early days and theres no real need to panic.... just yet.
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion