Torres, is there any fee big enough........ - To make us sell him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:54 pm

rumour in one of the rags, and let's face it the BBC now have a big phil's transfer rumour section, that Torres is a target for £40m. I'm surprised if that is true given Villa is the real headline maker at the Euros so far and wouldn't cost £40m.

I also read something along the lines of Scolari is ready for the challenge. What challenge? Managing Chelsea like most of us manage a club on FM or CM? I'd perhaps suggest people put money on Josie being the Portugese manager, not next but next but one.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:34 pm

I agree that Babel should be used a centre forward and hopefully Rafa will be true to his word on that.

As for Torrres, I would be astounded if we struck a deal with Chelsea but then again in the back of mind is thought of these damned owners who I have no faith in at all. This means its still a bit of worry given the Russians spending power and our owners lack of respect for our club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby username » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:36 pm

4231 is using babel further upfeild imo. its where he played at ajax, where he plays for holland, where he is natually used to, why change that?
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby SundanceKid » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:00 am

Babel playing CF is perfect. He'll avoid being boxed in between the sidelines and the defenders and he's a magnificent attacking passer. I can't remember against who, but he made a great assist to Kuyt. He's got the quality for it, I just don't know if he can handle it.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:56 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/other-sports/2008/06/16/fernando-torres-spells-it-out-i-won-t-be-leaving-anfield-100252-21082165/

There you have it. Sorry Chelsea haha :censored:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:37 pm

there's more chance of us selling the kop than selling torres to those tw@ts.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:30 pm

stmichael wrote:there's more chance of us selling the kop than selling torres to those tw@ts.

you say that in jest but in time if dumb and dumber are still here and the new stadium gets built then they will probably try and sell seats or anything else off the kop stand to make a bit of money for them selfs

as they would know that people like us would love to have a seat from the kop as a momento

tw@ts
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Why not sell Torres, take Drogba in px and use some of the cash difference to buy Villa?

You can sell Crouch and use that cash plus the Torres balance to buy a left winger or Barry - no need to sell Xabi.

Realise its not going to be popular but there are alternatives out there if you have the cash.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Reg wrote:Why not sell Torres, take Drogba in px and use some of the cash difference to buy Villa?

You can sell Crouch and use that cash plus the Torres balance to buy a left winger or Barry - no need to sell Xabi.

Realise its not going to be popular but there are alternatives out there if you have the cash.

Are you for real!....we are NOT a selling club!.....to sell torres would seriously question our intentions of being able to compete with the others better still why not Fukk the barry transfer off, keep alonso, and put the £15 mill plus, towards bringing villa here? surely that makes more sense. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:29 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
Reg wrote:Why not sell Torres, take Drogba in px and use some of the cash difference to buy Villa?

Are you for real!....we are NOT a selling club!.....to sell torres would seriously question our intentions of being able to compete with the others better still why not Fukk the barry transfer off, keep alonso, and put the £15 mill plus, towards bringing villa here? surely that makes more sense. :nod

I know we´re not a selling club but we want to play top flight footy yet we dont have the cash to get us there. We have to use what have as best as possible, there´s no point having half a team, we need to complete the jigsaw.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Reg wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:

I know we´re not a selling club but we want to play top flight footy yet we dont have the cash to get us there. We have to use what have as best as possible, there´s no point having half a team, we need to complete the jigsaw.

ok then lets sell Gerarrd as well. :no
club_Levis

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:33 pm

i have already said on this thread that every player has their price.....but 40 million isn't it.  Tell Roman to cough up 100 million or get stuffed.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:36 pm

i've already answered this in the earlier page , posted by conn .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:37 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:

why keep xabi , when there's a decent offer on the table for a player that has been out of it for a few seasons already .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Who is to say that Barry will be any better than Alonso?....also Barry is 28....Alonso is three yrs younger, i think £15 million is too high for him at his age (from what i have heard O'Neil thinks he is worth £20 mill!) no way....we should either keep Alonso or look elsewhere.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion