Torres, is there any fee big enough........ - To make us sell him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 2:00 am

FFS I have shown you the financial statement for the club, I have shown you the kop holdings statement - what more do you want? These are not opinions issued by newspaper journalist ffs.

Try going to your bank manager and saying "I am no good at figures so lets forget about that money I owe you". :D

Hicks is much cleverer than me and I have no doubt he has lots of ideas for exit strategies and making money...........and even some strategies for holding on to the club and making money.......what he doesn't have and never has had is any ideas as to whats best for the club.

The money is NOT THERE. The money came from the banks not our owners. Masch was bought on borrowed money that we the club will pay interest on.
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 2:05 am

Try going to your bank manager and saying "I am no good at figures so lets forget about that money I owe you".

Trying going to your bank manager and say, ok release all account figures to the press.

It just doesnt happen.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 2:14 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Try going to your bank manager and saying "I am no good at figures so lets forget about that money I owe you".

Trying going to your bank manager and say, ok release all account figures to the press.

It just doesnt happen.

So are you saying that Liverpool football club and Kop holdings faked those accounts? Or that someone faked them ?Or do you accept that they are the correct figures?

Because if you are in any doubt you can pay your money and pick up a copy of the accounts yourself.

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 2:21 am

Because if you are in any doubt you can pay your money and pick up a copy of the accounts yourself.

Thats like paying for bottled water isnt it? If you truly believe that is as you read then really the problem isnt mine. Im not as easily sucked in. Nobody, not any company, anywhere in the entire world releases their account records to anyone. Ever. And that, is a fact.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed May 28, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 am

Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
s@int wrote:We only have Gerrard, Carra and Pennant (who's not exactly nailed on) in the first team mate, while a lot of our reserves are foreign as well.  A lot of the Spanish and Italian "foreigners" take dual nationality and so will be exempt anyway.

I think we would be very much affected !

Yeah, which is why we are as low in the graph you showed, but my point being is we can afford the english talent to make up the numbers and lets not forget the substitutions that will be allowed. We will have 7 choices and be able to adapt. Like I said, we will be alright. The decision is yet to be made however, I just cannot see it happening.

We can afford the English talent........ with Hicks and Gillett in charge   :laugh:

They coughed up for mascha, up until they did the forum was like it  is now, full of rumours, but they did cough up, and we do have torres, like it or not, he wouldnt be here before they took over, like moores said, he couldnt afford the club, he needed investors. They have invested and we as supporters and rafa has what he wanted, thats not including babel of course.

All im seeing are arguments going back to "hicks and gillett" not the best choice as owners but it seems to be getting to the point where if we trip up in the street, its "H&G's" fault. Its getting to the point were our own supporters are willing our club to fall to any extent to get rid of these owners. The lowest level as long as the yanks are gone. Along with it, the reason why they support the club. Always lfc has never been about individuals, always about the club. The yanks have achieved one thing I never thought was possible. Seperation amongst supporters. Always supporters have paid the best part of there wage to watch there club and to listen to the person next to them giving in to a minority is heartbraking. The soul of the club is dying, the ones who dont like the owners will no doubt say it is because of the yanks, they are the cancer. How about this. This club is run on working class people, no upper, no lower. The honest supporter. It is heartbreaking to see our own supporters leaving the nest, to see our own supporters willing to go against the club, in the name of defiance against the yanks. Your not defying the yanks, your pulling out of the club, you are denying, at the lowest level, the supporter. The ones you get to know in the crowd (which is why nanny will never boycott her ticket) the club, you will always watch when you cant make the match, always, because it is our club.

We all got moody when we lost to chelsea in the champs league, which means a majority of us watched it on tv. We just love the club so much we endure ITV and SKY to see our club perform. We can abandon the club to a point but face facts, we love the club, we all always will. Shirt boycotts and sticking insults to the yanks over press rumours does no help to anyone.

All we can do, as supporters, is remain loyal to our club, and guess what?

Not even Gillett or Hicks can question that kind of faith.

I think boycotting is a version of "tough love".
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 2:31 am

Or just cutting off the nose despite the face.

Do so many people have to suffer for the beliefs of the few. As long as the club exists is my view. Let the club fall are others. A sad state of affairs, unfortunately, the supporters die, fortunately the club still lives.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed May 28, 2008 2:42 am

Kharhaz wrote:

Or just cutting off the nose despite the face.

Do so many people have to suffer for the beliefs of the few. As long as the club exists is my view. Let the club fall are others. A sad state of affairs, unfortunately, the supporters die, fortunately the club still lives.

You cant control what people decide to do, it's their prerogative if they choose to boycott.

There's no point getting yer knickers in a twist.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 28, 2008 2:44 am

Kharhaz wrote:Nobody, not any company, anywhere in the entire world releases their account records to anyone. Ever. And that, is a fact.

As usual you are talking out of your backend mate. Every limited or public company has BY LAW to forward a copy of their accounts to Company House where BY LAW anyone can view them. A small charge is required but thats all.

Company house

Fact  :laugh:

Postby Effes » Wed May 28, 2008 2:50 am

s@int wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Nobody, not any company, anywhere in the entire world releases their account records to anyone. Ever. And that, is a fact.

As usual you are talking out of your backend mate. Every limited or public company has BY LAW to forward a copy of their accounts to Company House where BY LAW anyone can view them. A small charge is required but thats all.

Company house

:D

Keks well and truly pulled down there!
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 2:52 am

s@int wrote:

Company house

Proves nothing. Show me what I want to see, if it is that easy show me the transfers, the players in and out, show me the general play of the stadium come match days, show me the cost of stewardship, the cost of the police. Show me the wages of each and individual person involved with the running of the club.

Let me guess.

You cant.

I rest my case.

Trying to be clever gains recognition only to a point, being honest and admitting you know nothing puts you on a level footing with all the rest of us. You know what we all know, we dont know anything.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 28, 2008 3:08 am

Effes wrote:
s@int wrote:

Company house

:D

Keks well and truly pulled down there!

Not at all. Every company has to disclose there accounts to certain authorative figures, council, tax offices. The public are not one of them. And therefore proving my point. Tell me saint. If you have access to such secretive info why isnt everything printed, indeed why indeed do we not have access to everything going on with every club, not just ourselves, chelsea, man utd, why indeed do you need to back up everything with press releases.

Because you know, just as I do, its rubbish. You rely on the triggers of ciggy, nanny red, and the rest who believe the tripe you put up that the club is doomed. It isnt it just gives you ammunition to spew forward more tripe. Its getting tiresome. The club have released no such figures, I know it, you know, but let the ignorant believe it. At least, at the end of the day, people will believe what they will. And they will see through you.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 28, 2008 3:44 am

Kharhaz wrote:The simple and obvious fact is we have our players, we have what we wanted. Debt or not, it isnt the clubs problem, if it were, mascha would not have been signed, nobody would have condoned the deal. The money is there, what is bothering you im guessing, me also, is where exactly the money is coming from. You dont know exactly, and seeing as im rubbish with numbers dont bother asking but it is there, its not as bad as we think, the answers are there, I wont let scaremongering bother me, unlike many on here.

Sheesh, and they call us Rafa supporters happy-clappy!  :Oo:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 28, 2008 5:56 am

Effes wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:I think like mick has  said a fee of 100 million would tempt me and with that cash we can't buy another torres but we can buy a title winning sqaud . :nod

I cant do multi-posts:

But here you advocate selling for £100M

cos in our situation now , 100 million is alot of money , what i'm trying to say that money won't find us another torres but we can bu a title winning squad with 4 to 5 20 million additions
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 am

Effes wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
s@int wrote:I think if we accepted £200million for Torres it would be a disaster for Liverpool. Not because we would lose Torres (although that would be bad) but because I think you would find Gerrard for one would be packing his own bags before Torres arrived in London.

It would be the final acceptance that we are no longer one of the big boys and next time we have a star player they will be looking around for a "big club" just like all the "selling clubs" players do.

:nod
Enough said really

And then here you agree we shouldn't sell even for £200M.

Make your mind up.

Here was the next post:
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed May 28, 2008 6:31 am

We should keep torres. It's the same case with Gerrard.. These players come once in  every 50 years....so the idea of selling our biggest, rarest type of  players is out of the question...unless we are the midtable or lower table 'no ambition , selling and small' team.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion