Sell mascherano to raise funds? - Sell or keep?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Sell mascherano to raise funds? - Sell or keep?

Sell
52%
Keep
48%

Total votes : 110

Postby roberto green » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:55 pm

I have been thinking about how we are going to buy any quality players in January especially with our limited funds and the only way I can see us raising funds is if we sold a big name player with real value.
I like Mascherano don't get me wrong but he is limited in what he can do.At what he does he is the best but since we have been without him(yeah I know it's only been 2 games) I thought there has been a better balance to the team and I also think that Lucas plays better without him and is growing.So seeing that Lucas is growing and is the same type of player(nothing fancy but is doing a good job) and hasn't as much market value as Mascha would it be a good idea to cash in on Masha and spend the money on a player that could be inventive like a Arshavin or something.

So If we could get 25m plus for Javier Mascherano would you take it?
roberto green

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:03 pm

Sell but only to buy some players which will improve squad (now or in time) and no just to cover loan interest
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:18 pm

roberto green wrote:So If we could get 25m plus for Javier Mascherano would you take it?

I'd snap yer arm off if we could use the money to get Spurs unsettled  Roman Pavlyuchenko.

He might be a "needs an arm around the shoulder" player but I honestley believe that this fella would be a great addition for us.

There are rumours he could go to Arsenal where no doubt he will be a massive success   :( .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:35 pm

If we sell who the feck is going to be our defensive midfielder?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:37 pm

Toffeehater wrote:If we sell who the feck is going to be our defensive midfielder?

Kuyt
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Sell as long as we buy in QUALITY and not waste it on Greeks, Ukraines or Babels.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Reg wrote:Sell as long as we buy in QUALITY and not waste it on Greeks, Ukraines or Babels.

Spot on , selling him would be daft as his replacements would probably cost around there or maybe even more as clubs know we have money. If he goes however i'd love for us to sign de rossi
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Toffeehater wrote:If we sell who the feck is going to be our defensive midfielder?

Sums it up.

One thing is to say Mascherano and Lucas can't play together. I wouldn't argue against that.

Another thing is to say that Lucas without Mascherano plays better, at least yesterday it seemed the case without that meaning Lucas was brilliant.

But selling Mascherano? No. No. No. No.

No.

KEEP
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm not convinced there will be many deals to be had in the January window. Few that would countenance the selling Mascherano at such an important point in the season.

I suspect we could probably get Pavlyuchenko or someone similar just by offloading Babel, Dossena and Voronin, and that would do for me. A target man would be ideal in the state that we are in now (forget your ideal creative second strikers/quality wingers at this stage), someone who can actually latch onto long balls, hold it up and provide knock downs. Someone to work off basically. A lot of our play is on the deck these days, even though we're not really geared for it, and when we do lump it up there, it doesn't stick very well.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:03 pm

I think we would be very foolish if we sold Masch. I think we may have bought the wrong player in Aquilani (I know its early), but if we are going to persist with Aquilani he needs a top defensive player behind him. Lucas while improving and playing better when not part of the diabolical duo with Masch is still not good enough imo.

Masch is just about as good as we can hope for, so unless we are buying David Villa and moving to 4-4-2 I think we should do everything we can to keep him.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Few that would countenance the selling Mascherano at such an important point in the season.

No way am I disparaging Mascheranos ability BUT it does seem that given the opportunity he'd jump ship quicker than you could say "Barcelona anyone ? ", with that in mind I'd take £25 million if it was on offer.

Use the money to get Pavlyuchenko to play along side or step in for Torres and the small change to get Nanny Red's shout for Scott Parker.  :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Sell him and buy Scott Parker

Im not messing
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Dundalk wrote:Sell him and buy Scott Parker

Im not messing

:D , Nor am I, lets be honest, what has Mascherano done that Scott Parker couldn't ?

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:21 pm

never sell your best player , has got to be the first plan......... world class players like masha can't be replaced
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:44 pm

redmikey wrote:never sell your best player , has got to be the first plan......... world class players like masha can't be replaced

Dont you mean "always"...?
???
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion