Signing anyone ? - Make it big and make it quick !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:09 pm

I don't mean to sound defeatist in anyway but this post-season is beginning to sound a lot like last post season. Links with big name players and nothing coming to fruition, granted last season we may have not had a lot of money available to be able to complete with the likes of Chelsea and Real Madrid for some of the big name signings, but we now have the cash to land some of the big names we have been linked to. Or are we just playing lets pretend like last year ? . Its just not good enough any more Manure have signed two wonder kids. Alves will go to Chelsea once Roman Waves his cheque book. Bit part player plus cash exchanges are not going to work. Are the new owners going to back Rafa or not ? They say they will but we are yet to bear witness to it. All we seem to be doing at the moment is clearing out the dead wood, but we aren't signing anyone. Yes I know people will say that there is time and be patient Rafa has a plan but we need to show the rest of the top European clubs that we are serious about brining ig names to the Kop and that we are serious about winning the Premier League - make a bid for Fatty Lampard and see what Chelsea say - it can't hurt. Yes I know the Spanish league doesn't finish until this week or next and we seem to be determined to sign Et'o but lets sign a big name - make it look like we are serious and lets do it soon !!
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:26 pm

Lampost are you mad i don't want that scum at my club. change it to Kaka and we will be ok.   :D  :D
grayghost

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:33 pm

grayghost wrote:Lampost are you mad i don't want that scum at my club. change it to Kaka and we will be ok.   :D  :D

Gray - Just an example - Sorry first name that popped into my head for some reason !!  :oops:
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:38 pm

Kopboyau wrote:
grayghost wrote:Lampost are you mad i don't want that scum at my club. change it to Kaka and we will be ok.   :D  :D

Gray - Just an example - Sorry first name that popped into my head for some reason !!  :oops:

:D Who are you calling gay.

fair enough i just can't stand lampard. I see he has finally took of that bandage off his wrist big fag there was nothimg wrong with him.

Lampard is Gerrards bitch.  :buttrock
grayghost

Postby tommycockles » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:38 pm

not only that- but have you seen them play together for England??!! Why would you wish that on us?!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby spion » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:32 pm

The problem we have is that Chavski are doing there usual spoiling tactic by pretending to be in for every player that all the other teams want. This always puts up the price & wages thus stopping the teams buying many more players because there budgets are blown. Alves, Malouda & Eto. These players will not be playing in blue next season because the chavs really dont want them.
spion

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Lampard?! WTF! Of all the people, Fat b@llocks pops into your head? Hmm!

Lampard, eh? Chelsea can keep the fat c*nt. Anyway, we've players a class above him, so he's nowhere near needed.

Anyway, I share your anxiety about us not having signed a so called big player as yet. I wouldn't worry. I genuinly feel that a big player isn't necessarily needed. It's not the big player, it's the right player/players that we need. Take a look at Chelsea and the Mancs in the past. They signed players like Veron, Ballack, Shevshenko, and touted "new Ronaldinho's" like Kleberson etc etc. Most failed to make an impact. I know it often takes a season for players to get some kind of form when they are new to the league. Maybe we've already got our 20+ goal a season player in the squad from last year, and we just don't know it?! Though, in saying this, we wouldn't kow it due to Rafa's rotation policy. Time will tell as always.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite187 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:57 pm

ahhah lampard = most over-rated player
Kopite187

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:48 pm

5 days into a three month window and its panic stations all of a sudden, we've already signed Leiva before Chelsea and the mancs signed their players. La Liga hasn;t even finished, there are Lawyers to be consulted etc.......... It isn't as simple as making a bid, it's accepted then the player comes over and signs, there is a lot more negotiating than that and you know what Lawyers are like - they'll try to waste as much time as possible to try and hike their fees.
LFC2007

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:19 pm

LFC2007 wrote:5 days into a three month window and its panic stations all of a sudden, we've already signed Leiva before Chelsea and the mancs signed their players. La Liga hasn;t even finished, there are Lawyers to be consulted etc.......... It isn't as simple as making a bid, it's accepted then the player comes over and signs, there is a lot more negotiating than that and you know what Lawyers are like - they'll try to waste as much time as possible to try and hike their fees.

Did you read my post it says that it's starting to look exactly like last Post Season, which it is. Signing a Marquee player( Using the USA lingo) shows our intention to want to sign big name players - maybe Dirk Kuyt might score us 20+ goals a season but we can't be rotating players around every week it doesn't work !!
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:24 pm

Of course I read that, but how many other big clubs have signed 'Marquee' players already?

Not many, the window has only just opened, nor did Man Utd or Chelsea have to prepare for a Champions League final up until the 23rd of May.
LFC2007

Postby flombs » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 am

I read on the offal, about the new stadium and how the fans are gonna love it. the centrepeice being the new KOP stand. Hicks also revealed that alot is going on behind the doors
to sign up players and for us to be patient.

I really dont know how to be patient, you should see me behind a steering wheel! :angry:  :D

Hicks: Stadium and Signings
"Anorexics addicted to shopping with hollow labotomised
heads". -Brazilian newspaper on British football wives.

"Long live Italy! I dont like Australia! I dont care about
the Australian team, and i dont want them to have good results!" -Chinese football commentator (Hilarious)
flombs

Postby Kopboyau » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:57 am

flombs wrote:I read on the offal, about the new stadium and how the fans are gonna love it. the centrepeice being the new KOP stand. Hicks also revealed that alot is going on behind the doors
to sign up players and for us to be patient.

I really dont know how to be patient, you should see me behind a steering wheel! :angry:  :D

Hicks: Stadium and Signings

Be patient. Thats what we got told last year.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:01 pm

LFC2007 wrote:5 days into a three month window and its panic stations all of a sudden, we've already signed Leiva before Chelsea and the mancs signed their players. La Liga hasn;t even finished, there are Lawyers to be consulted etc.......... It isn't as simple as making a bid, it's accepted then the player comes over and signs, there is a lot more negotiating than that and you know what Lawyers are like - they'll try to waste as much time as possible to try and hike their fees.

I have to agree this.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:08 pm

well ac milan have just put inja  formal bid for etoo so other clubs are getting the basll rolling earlier
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion