Sell mascherano to raise funds? - Sell or keep?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Sell mascherano to raise funds? - Sell or keep?

Sell
52%
Keep
48%

Total votes : 110

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Well Red wrote:keep it on topic please gentlemen ???

Now tell me...am I the only one who thinks we should be turning round to Inter and suggesting a swap deal of Mascherano for a couple of million plus this decent striking prospect Balotelli that City, United and Chelsea are all very keenly eyeing up?? Reports suggest Inter want to offload him in order to raise money to fund their Mascherano move - so why not combine the two? We need a big name striker and they want to offload him in order to get Mascherano. Plus surely Rafa would rather do that for us than sell Balotelli to one of our rivals.

Here's a link to the Balotelli story. It doesn't say we're in for him at all, but they clearly want to get rid and we should look into this! :-

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297082/Manchester-Citys-24m-Mario-Balotelli-deal-hijacked-Chelsea-United-Inter-Milan-chief-mulls-

rival-offers.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....rs.html[/url]

If Balotelli had his head right, I'd be all for such a swap.  However, if he indeed had his head on right , he wouldn't be for sale.  I just think it's too much of a gamble to swap Masher for such a loose cannon.

The one side of this that I can find a positive in is that if Balotelli did come here and it didn't work out we could always just sell him.  And we would have at least temporarily solved the problem of cover for Torres/strike partner.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:56 pm

we should sell masch for cash only at a good price then spend half the money on a decent striker and other half on defender. we got plenty of midfielders tbh
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Never under any circumstances should you sell your best players, your world class players, simply to raise funds. Especially in our case, seeing that those funds are not certain to be given towards other players. We need to expand on what we've got, not syphone it off. Yes, we have planty of mid-fielders, but none that protect the back four as good as Masch does.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:21 pm

we cant afford to turn down a good offer for a player who only offers defensive qualities. there are much better players in the same price bracket as masch, i do like masch and inn an ideal world id have him in my team but we all know its not an ideal world for us reds at the moment
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:23 pm

ben oseman wrote:we cant afford to turn down a good offer for a player who only offers defensive qualities. there are much better players in the same price bracket as masch, i do like masch and inn an ideal world id have him in my team but we all know its not an ideal world for us reds at the moment

I think you, like a lot of others who are saying "sell", underestimate the importance of a defensive player like Mascherano in a side, especially one so proficient at the role. Mascherano is massivly under-valued by a lot, it seems.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:25 pm

i dont under value him its just that he's worth a lot of money but never scores. lucas could fill the role .
ben oseman

Postby neil » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:28 pm

stop spamming the forum you dolt
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:29 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Never under any circumstances should you sell your best players, your world class players, simply to raise funds. Especially in our case, seeing that those funds are not certain to be given towards other players. We need to expand on what we've got, not syphone it off. Yes, we have planty of mid-fielders, but none that protect the back four as good as Masch does.

I agree
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:32 pm

how you agree, mash is worth more money than he contributes to the team, he is :censored: on the ball, nad gives away possesion over the pitch, cant beat any decent midfielders to a header
ben oseman

Postby Well Red » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:30 pm

ben oseman wrote:how you agree, mash is worth more money than he contributes to the team, he is :censored: on the ball, nad gives away possesion over the pitch, cant beat any decent midfielders to a header

He's a far, far better contributor to the team than you are a contributor to this forum.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:38 pm

What's the latest with him, anyone know? When is he supposed to be reporting back to training?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:39 pm

ok, just get on my back when u got nothing better 2 do then. its ok, i understand m8. u must be on minimum wage?
ben oseman

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:13 am

Well Red wrote:He's a far, far better contributor to the team than you are a contributor to this forum.

I agree with that, but that isn't exactly saying much!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:26 am

whats wrong with you fools?
ben oseman

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 am

Well hes turned up at Melwood this morning, so i guess either way we will know about what hes gonna be doing soon enough

Personally i hope he stays, i love our little Javier
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion