The left back situation - Is riise really the long term solution?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:28 pm

:laugh:

It clearly says 14 in the total columb.

Are you stupid? Infact don't answer that.

Unbelievable. :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:41 pm

I have never warned you for anything you did not deserve.  You don't deserve a warning for posting s*i*e opinions or incorrect facts, but when you post KKK pics, start argumentative threads with other members like you did earlier, boast about being a hacker and disabling the warning facility on your account, then yes, I will warn you.

Expect ridicule because of your above post.  And if you can't see why Traore has played 14 games like I said in a previous post, you really do beloong back on the LFC.tv boards.  RAWK banned you after a couple of posts.  So don't complain we haven't given you a chance here if you continue to be a clueless nuisance and react to the insults which will surely come your way.  If you thought about what you are posting before you submitted your thoughts online, you would probably fade into anonymity on here without nobody caring or noticing, but you've put yourself up there to be shot down now and deep down you are probably enjoying it.
jonnymac1979

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:06 pm

The three left backs at the club:

Riise: At this moment he is our best left back. But I think it is fair to say he is our weakest link in defence, thats not to say he isn’t doing O.K, but he isn’t as good a defender as Finnan, Carragher and Hyypia. Ideally he is a wingback, but obviously we don’t play that way.

Warnock: He is good cover. He is going through a shaky patch at the moment. He obviously has qualities, but when he plays his lack of experience shows. Sometimes you get the feeling he plays more with his bottle than his brain. I think if someone could offer him 38 League games from start to finish in the Premiership he could be on the way to becoming a very good left back.

Troare: I was shocked when Rafa gave him a 4 year contract. Is he really a left back or is he more suited to being a centre back? Well whatever the answer he really shouldn’t be here, my guess is that he is still at the club because he offers emergency cover at centre back.

So in conclusion, there is no major problem at left back, we have Riise and Warnock competing. But in the long term after other areas have been addressed, Rafa may look to improve this position.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:23 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
MudFace wrote:that was cheap jonnymac1979 :)

You're the only mod giving me a hard time;i wonder why :suspect:

The answer's simple.

You're a bellend.

how can it be we all think the same thing.......

bell end  sums you up perfectly.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:23 pm

drummerphil wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:
MudFace wrote:that was cheap jonnymac1979 :)

You're the only mod giving me a hard time;i wonder why :suspect:

The answer's simple.

You're a bellend.

how can it be we all think the same thing.......

bell end  sums you up perfectly.

Thanks... :;):
115-1073096938

Postby drummerphil » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:34 pm

you know i meant mud flap/ face right :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:11 pm

If I remember rightly, Traore got the new contract in close season, not long after the CL win.

At that point, Kewell had just been crocked again, Warnock hadn't featured particularly prominently, and Riise was being used as a makeshift left mid more than he was being used in defence.

So basically, Traore got the new contract purely because Rafa expected to be using Riise on the wing this season.

Since then, Zenden came in, Kewell's injuries cleared up, Riise's made himself almost undroppable, Warnock emerged as a first team candidate, and now you have to wonder if and when Traore will get a look in again. For me, it'll currently only happen if Kewell and Warnock are both injured at the same time.

I thank the guy for some of his performances in the CL last season, but he's nowhere near our first 11 for me. Whenever you look across our back four, it's generally him that's f*cking up the line, and his general positioning is sometimes just plain scary.

Come summer, it may only be the fact that he's played both LB and CB for us that'll keep him on our books. Hopefully, not even that'll save him.

Riise has been consistently one of our best players ever since we signed him. I'm disappointed every time he doesn't start, and for me he's one of the best attacking left backs in Europe. Some of his attacking play is a bit predictable and one dimensional, but if there's one thing defenders hate, it's the same player running at them all through a match. You can take the ball off Riise and put him on his a*se, but he'll dust himself down and do it all over again all day long.

With Kewell and Riise down that left hand side, opposition right backs will be f*cking exhausted after 90 mins. :D

Warnock's shown some good stuff this season - particularly some of his crossing - but he's jittery, and sometimes shows a bit of inexperience. I won't dwell too much on the Portsmouth game because not many of our players did too much to be pleased with, but Warnock looked a bit lost, almost as if he'd never played that position before. Jury still out on him, but he's still well ahead of Traore for me.

F*ck it, I'd have Cisse at left back ahead of Traore.  :laugh:
ivor_the_injun

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion