Riise - Are solution for our left wing?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:48 pm

don't agree. if he doesn't have a shooting opportunity he'll often put a good ball into the box. i'm not saying he's a great playmaker or anything but i think there's more to his game than just charging forward.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:48 pm

riise is most definitely a left back. ok it was only west brom but yesterday i saw signs of him getting back towards his form of 2001-2002 when he used to bomb forward from that position. in the long term he's not a wide midfieldder because he's not going to go past anybody and whip crosses in.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:23 am

I think the good thing about this thread is that people are giving very good reasons why he should be in the team in one of two positions. It wasn't that long ago that people didn't have him in our best 11.

I really, really like Riise, and while he can be a bit single-minded at times, it's at least an indication that he has confidence in what he's trying to do. Give me that over a hesitant back-passing defender or midfielder any day of the week. I've always wondered if he was capable of filling in for us in left midfield, and the encouraging thing about the WB game was that we now know that he is confident enough in that position to do a job there. With the reports today that Kewell may be out until March, it may well be time to give him a run there. On the strength of current form, I'd certainly have him out there over Warnock.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:39 am

Riise should play as a left back but he can always help us out in the midfield. Too bad he didn't score today, cracker of a shot hit the crossbar.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion