The left back situation... - ...an old problem

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Agger left back tomorrow for me , he can defend and get forward. The greek and Carragher in the middle with Jonno on the right

just quoting me quote ,which i made the other week cough cough like  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:24 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Agger left back tomorrow for me , he can defend and get forward. The greek and Carragher in the middle with Jonno on the right

Smartarse  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

Was a good shout Nan.

I'd definitely stick with that back four til end of season.

Agger looked a little bit uncomfortable there at first and he's not the long term solution there.  But with Johnson bombing forward we need someone at left back who balances that out and is solid first and foremost.  Agger will do for now.  Plus it gets rid of Insua, which is a big difference.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

Problem solved for the rest of the season for me . As long as he stay's fit that is.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 am

Fauxy wrote:fabio grosso is a good player but he's too old... 32. I think he plays for Lazio or something?

Grosso is quality, I'd forgotten all about him. I think one Italian left-back was probably enough to last us for a few years though! Good player though.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 am

Well, Juventus just bought him so I think he is a no go...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:06 am

Agger looked more than competent there IMO. Did everything that was asked of him. He's several classes above Insua and definitely worth persisting with for the time being.
LFC2007

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:05 am

I really do think we have potentially the best left in the making at this club now (ie....Agger). So instead of buying another expensive leftback why don't we just give him the job full-time to agger ?

This way ...we can accomodate the big greek in our starting-lineup (or get another...better aerially dominant CB if we are to move forward).

Its a lot like bellamy. We had potentially one of the the best wingers in the league if we had persisted with him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blurblur » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:47 am

The_Rock wrote:I really do think we have potentially the best left in the making at this club now (ie....Agger). So instead of buying another expensive leftback why don't we just give him the job full-time to agger ?

This way ...we can accomodate the big greek in our starting-lineup (or get another...better aerially dominant CB if we are to move forward).

Its a lot like bellamy. We had potentially one of the the best wingers in the league if we had persisted with him.

nah... we have to buy at least 2 leftbacks come this summer... agger is still a pure centreback and we should play him at his best potential for the benefit of the club... true... he is a better temporary solution at leftback as compared to insua as shown in the 2nd leg game against benfica...

anyway, all insua lovers and supporters read on... this game has clearly showed that the absence of insua clearly makes a big difference... he clearly sucks big time...!!! he offers nothing going forward and gets raped defensively in every game... just throw him into the dumps for free... it is just so painful to see him playing for us... insua foc... come... come... stocks clearance...!!!  :bowdown
blurblur

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:28 am

I remember when I had my first beer.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 am

LFC2007 wrote:Agger looked more than competent there IMO. Did everything that was asked of him. He's several classes above Insua and definitely worth persisting with for the time being.

agree completely
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:13 pm

At the expense of him at CB is my only worry. While he may have played well, as did Kyrgiakos, can we judge how the tactic will fare against other sides on the basis of one match? That would be like deciding Mascherano should play RB on the basis of how he's done there when required
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:07 pm

If we have no funds or limited ones this summer I would hope Agger to be the solution as we can not afford to stump up money on that position when we have more urgent problems.
We would still have Carra, Kyri and Skrtel as cb and Agger could still play there in an emergency.
I also think lb suits agger since he is good with the ball, good going forward, but his heading and positioning aren't that great....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Carragher used to play left back didnt he?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Give Me a break...Again with placing players out of there natural positions...Agger filled the hole quite nicely but that doesn't mean he should be left there Perm...

Although this is the Rafa way ,it is the WRONG way...Let Agger grow into his CB role and bring a decent natural LB.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion