The left back situation - Is riise really the long term solution?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1137139704 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:45 pm

that was cheap jonnymac1979 :)

You're the only mod giving me a hard time;i wonder why :suspect:
66-1137139704

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:53 pm

Mudface, if you want to know what everyone thinks about Traore, drag up old threads.

Also, look at the goals conceeded section when he plays.

The percentage of games when we conceed when he plays is 72%. However, when he doesn't play we conceed in 25% of games.

That in itself, answers any "opinion" you have.

You've not been to a game since 2001? Well alot of people on here go regularly and have watched him more than you ever could. Infact that would mean you've probably seen him live at the most 5 times?

Check out my old match reports aswell, see how many times i can't pick faults with him.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:53 pm

MudFace wrote:that was cheap jonnymac1979 :)

The answer's simple.

You're a bellend.
115-1073096938

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:07 pm

MudFace wrote:In case you missed my question:So how did this resentment build up?

I just don't fancy him as a player.  So sue me.

The Chelsea game was when I lost my patience with him and it was a long time coming.  I always support our players (unlike you, from the tone of your posts) when they are out there on the pitch, but I am just not convinced about Traore, just as I can see that Cisse will never be a Liverpool player in the system Benitez uses.  He might have fared well under the man who signed him who played deep and counter attacking football, but I have eyes, as do you.  I have used them and I am judging that we can do better than Traore.

One of the things that stood out in Istanbul was the ball Milan were playing behind him all the time in the first half, exploiting his weak positioning.  I wanted him to come off the pitch as soon as possible and it is now legend that he was indeed coming off at half time and only due to Finnan's injury completed the whole game.  He undeniably had a nightmare in that first half and redeemed himself in the rest of the game, playing in a different tactical system in the second half and  culminating in the gold medal that was sitting around his neck at the end of the night.

Read my previous post.  I explained everything clearly in the previous one.  I listed good points, bad points, good games and bad games, and from that gave an opinion that we can do better.  It's a valid structured argument to a point only you appear to be making that Traore is worth a consistent place in the starting eleven and not a contradiction on any part.

What I'm giving you a hard time about has nothing to do with what's going on in this thread.  You know why I gave you the warnings.  Leave it where it belongs.
jonnymac1979

Postby bigmick » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:09 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
MudFace wrote:that was cheap jonnymac1979 :)

The answer's simple.

You're a bellend.

I don't always agree with Stu either with his opinion or in the forthright way he expresses it. I have to say though that on this occasion he is right on the money.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:10 pm

stu,Djimi has played in only 8 games this season and i do not know where you got your statistics.
Do they include last season?

True,i havent been to anfield in a long time,but i do try to catch the games on telle.

As for old match reports,thats bull.I can remember traore being man of the match on some games last season(especially away and in europe)
66-1137139704

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:20 pm

MudFace wrote:As for old match reports,thats bull.I can remember traore being man of the match on some games last season(especially away and in europe)

Name them.
jonnymac1979

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:39 pm

MudFace wrote:stu,Djimi has played in only 8 games this season and i do not know where you got your statistics.

True,i havent been to anfield in a long time,but i do try to catch the games on telle.

As for old match reports,thats bull.I can remember traore being man of the match on some games last season(especially away and in europe)

They don't need to include game last season, if i do that it goes upto 84% of games he's played we've conceeded in.

Its no coincidence in the 14 appearances he's made this season we've conceed in 9 of them, yet in the 21 he's not played we've conceeded in 6 games.

To me that simply says it all.
115-1073096938

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:44 pm

Why are people responding to this MudFace?

He's NOT serious, he's just a bluenose with a mission to wind everyone up, he always says the exact opposite to reality.

Come on lads! don't waste your time with him, he loves it :)  :D
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:49 pm

I think  that this might be the thread that you look back on as the point where people lost patience and gave up taking you seriously Mudface....

I usually try to give new members the benefit of the doubt and kinda feel sorry for them when they get flamed by certain senior members (that always seem to jump on the opportunity) usually over them being ignorant of previous topics or just having no football common sense....

Dont you understand that when people do not respond to your posts it doesnt mean that you are right, it means that people have no interest in what you have to say. In that case are you not wasting your time on this forum? You have over 200 posts in less than a month. ???
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:18 pm

MudFace wrote:.I can remember traore being man of the match on some games last season(especially away and in europe)

:laugh:  Yeah but we tend not to agree with who the opposition vote for .  :D   :D   :D .

Traore ,goes walkabout at leftback , couldn't pass you a cup of tea without spilling it . Does/has made some outstanding last ditch tackles but usually because he f'ucked up in the first place .

I groan when I see his name on the teamsheet .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1137139704 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:20 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
MudFace wrote:As for old match reports,thats bull.I can remember traore being man of the match on some games last season(especially away and in europe)

Name them.

Djimi played in most of the games last season and all the big games ahead of warknock.

You gave the example of the away game in La coruna in which Djimi was outstanding.He was solid throughout..in all games including the CL final  :;):

An while we're on the CL final,how was traore to know that they(milan) would pass the ball between carra and hyppia to there strikers?
66-1137139704

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:22 pm

You're inviting ridicule with that statement. 

You're not a Liverpool fan I think.  At least spell the names of the players right.  Who are you really, I've seen your IP address on here before, I know it.  Are you someone we've banned before?  You're definitely on a wind-up with nothing better to do.
jonnymac1979

Postby 66-1137139704 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:23 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
MudFace wrote:stu,Djimi has played in only 8 games this season and i do not know where you got your statistics.

They don't need to include game last season, if i do that it goes upto 84% of games he's played we've conceeded in.

Its no coincidence in the 14 appearances he's made this season we've conceed in 9 of them, yet in the 21 he's not played we've conceeded in 6 games.

To me that simply says it all.

:)
66-1137139704

Postby 66-1137139704 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:24 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:You're inviting ridicule with that statement. 

You're not a Liverpool fan I think.  At least spell the names of the players right.  Who are you really, I've seen your IP address on here before, I know it.  Are you someone we've banned before?  You're definitely on a wind-up with nothing better to do.

nice way to xcape issues huh?another warning perhaps :O
66-1137139704

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion