Could it be a blessing in disguise on euro exit? - Short term failure =long term success?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Could it be a blessing in disguise on euro exit? - Short term failure =long term success?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes : 44

Postby Rush Job » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am

With the amount of injurys we have a win at Lyon would be an upset, I`m sorry but thats the way I see it, our squad isnt strong enough to compete at the highest level.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:52 am

roberto green wrote:I was listening to talksport this morning and a caller came on who made me sit up and take notice, he said it could actually be a good thing in the long-term if we went out of Europe now and therefore never had the money it would revenue forcing the Americans hand to sell as they count on that money to keep them just about on the breadline.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this could well be the best scenario?

Your taking completely the wrong line of argument. If anything, losing out to the Champions League, would force the yanks to review their position in terms of who is managing the club.

It would force Rafa's exit.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:52 am

First of all we will not go the way of Leeds.  Liverpool are an International brand who are generating profits and will continue to generate profit for the foreseable future.  That means that long before things get out of hand the Yanks Creditors would step in to recover their money. We could therefore end up in administration or being oned by a bank but hey we live in a world now were governments own Banks ( a crazy idea 5 years ago) Yes things would change and we would almost certainly lose many players but the brand would survive.  There could be another decade in the wilderness whilst a rebuilding programme went on but we'd survive and eventually get stronger. 

In terms of the present, not continuing in the Champions league is an absolute disaster for both Rafa and the Yanks.  Rafa could be gone before xmas is he loses on wednesday and if he loses 2 more games I hope Im wrong but I think he will certainly at some point lose his job this season.  (For Liverpools sake it would be better if he left and went to Madrid so we did'nt have to pay him severance pay)  As for the Yanks they need the Champions league to pay their debts simple as that.  Premiership income maintains the club, champions league income used to allow us new players now it pays debts, Their Debts.  I would add once again as I've said many times here Moores has a lot to answer for he sold the club in the full knowledge the the yanks would have to borrow against the club to pay him.  Now he sits as life long president counting his millions whilst everything his family created is falling down around him.  Doe's he care, Does he F***
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
roberto green wrote:I was listening to talksport this morning and a caller came on who made me sit up and take notice, he said it could actually be a good thing in the long-term if we went out of Europe now and therefore never had the money it would revenue forcing the Americans hand to sell as they count on that money to keep them just about on the breadline.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this could well be the best scenario?

Your taking completely the wrong line of argument. If anything, losing out to the Champions League, would force the yanks to review their position in terms of who is managing the club.

It would force Rafa's exit.

Huh...that might not be a bad thing he has had over 5 years to get the right blend and class, and what hads he done?.....buy sh!te, mediocre players...then play them out of position destroy what confidence that a few of his decent buys had (eg keane, bellamy, crouch) yeah i think thats a pretty good excuse to get rid of him!. :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:40 pm

big al wrote:First of all we will not go the way of Leeds.  Liverpool are an International brand who are generating profits and will continue to generate profit for the foreseable future.  That means that long before things get out of hand the Yanks Creditors would step in to recover their money. We could therefore end up in administration or being oned by a bank but hey we live in a world now were governments own Banks ( a crazy idea 5 years ago) Yes things would change and we would almost certainly lose many players but the brand would survive.  There could be another decade in the wilderness whilst a rebuilding programme went on but we'd survive and eventually get stronger. 

In terms of the present, not continuing in the Champions league is an absolute disaster for both Rafa and the Yanks.  Rafa could be gone before xmas is he loses on wednesday and if he loses 2 more games I hope Im wrong but I think he will certainly at some point lose his job this season.  (For Liverpools sake it would be better if he left and went to Madrid so we did'nt have to pay him severance pay)  As for the Yanks they need the Champions league to pay their debts simple as that.  Premiership income maintains the club, champions league income used to allow us new players now it pays debts, Their Debts.  I would add once again as I've said many times here Moores has a lot to answer for he sold the club in the full knowledge the the yanks would have to borrow against the club to pay him.  Now he sits as life long president counting his millions whilst everything his family created is falling down around him.  Doe's he care, Does he F***

Valid point you bring up there. They have a lot to answer to those who sold Liverpool to the yanks. They have no interest in football (or soccer as they call it). They are here because they saw an opportunity to earn big, big money.

This is the real problem of modern football. The distance between the fans and the owner/players/managers/agents and so on. This distance between those paying fopr it and those living off it have made me ask myself the all so central question so many times lately;

should I be part of this or not

Some day I think I will turn my back on football and decide to let it go. It was a beautiful ride. Especially in the late 70s and 80s when players and fans were about equal and families could afford to go to the stadium. Players were playing because they enjoyed it and because they loved their club and community.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:55 pm

banana wrote:
big al wrote:First of all we will not go the way of Leeds.  Liverpool are an International brand who are generating profits and will continue to generate profit for the foreseable future.  That means that long before things get out of hand the Yanks Creditors would step in to recover their money. We could therefore end up in administration or being oned by a bank but hey we live in a world now were governments own Banks ( a crazy idea 5 years ago) Yes things would change and we would almost certainly lose many players but the brand would survive.  There could be another decade in the wilderness whilst a rebuilding programme went on but we'd survive and eventually get stronger. 

Valid point you bring up there. They have a lot to answer to those who sold Liverpool to the yanks. They have no interest in football (or soccer as they call it). They are here because they saw an opportunity to earn big, big money.

This is the real problem of modern football. The distance between the fans and the owner/players/managers/agents and so on. This distance between those paying fopr it and those living off it have made me ask myself the all so central question so many times lately;

Some day I think I will turn my back on football and decide to let it go. It was a beautiful ride. Especially in the late 70s and 80s when players and fans were about equal and families could afford to go to the stadium. Players were playing because they enjoyed it and because they loved their club and community.

You hit the nail on the head there....I watched Liverpool through 70/80s and yes there was a different attitude towards both playing the game and playing for the Love of the game. Its become a corporate greed game now, with little time for the ordanary fan, players who think they are above the law, and look down on the fans and are only interested in their bank balances. I too will decide eventually to "hang up my boots" when it comes to watching football. I have seen the best.......whats on offer now is second best. :nod
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:59 pm

anyone got a violin?  :D
Fauxy

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Fauxy wrote:anyone got a violin?  :D

Rafa needs one.....the crying amigo! :laugh:
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:03 pm

recent history says NO
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:15 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
banana wrote:

You hit the nail on the head there....I watched Liverpool through 70/80s and yes there was a different attitude towards both playing the game and playing for the Love of the game. Its become a corporate greed game now, with little time for the ordanary fan, players who think they are above the law, and look down on the fans and are only interested in their bank balances. I too will decide eventually to "hang up my boots" when it comes to watching football. I have seen the best.......whats on offer now is second best. :nod

you know what, thats how i feel. Fed up with the current set up in football, the pre madonnas that DEMAND high salaries and huge signing fees. Sick to fking death of the tw@ts that call them selves footballers. There is no love in this game anymore just MONEY MONEY MONEY. some of them are at Liverpool too, gready b@stardos who would sooner jump ship if he doesn't get as much as his mate who plays for chelsea, wheres the loyalty anymore?

well fk em. they aint having any more of my money.

time to call it a day for football, theres more important things in life.

good fking ridance.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:49 pm

roberto green wrote:I was listening to talksport this morning and a caller came on who made me sit up and take notice

well that's a miracle right there

going out would not be good under any circumstances. winning is a habit and we need to get it back, starting tomorrow night for confidence more than anything else.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fauxy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:57 pm

Lee J wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:
banana wrote:

you know what, thats how i feel. Fed up with the current set up in football, the pre madonnas that DEMAND high salaries and huge signing fees. Sick to fking death of the tw@ts that call them selves footballers. There is no love in this game anymore just MONEY MONEY MONEY. some of them are at Liverpool too, gready b@stardos who would sooner jump ship if he doesn't get as much as his mate who plays for chelsea, wheres the loyalty anymore?

well fk em. they aint having any more of my money.

time to call it a day for football, theres more important things in life.

good fking ridance.

haha i bet you will be back  :D
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Russian doll alert! Russian doll alert! :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Fauxy

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Fauxy wrote:.
Lee J wrote:.
REDTILLDEAD wrote:
banana wrote:.
big al wrote:.

where? :D
Last edited by Judge on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion