TAKEOVER COMPLETE - H & G Finally Jibbed!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lio » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:25 am

"…There are some very important games coming up in the next couple of weeks and all of us need to focus on winning those games and getting the best out of the players we already have at the club….”
Dec. '07
Sun. 2    - Liverpool     v   Bolton
Sat. 8     - Reading      v   Liverpool
Tue. 11  - Marseille    v   Liverpool  (UEFA Champions League)
Sun. 16  - Liverpool   v   Man Utd
Wed. 19 - Chelsea     v   Liverpool (Carling Cup)

Sat. 22    - Liverpool    v   Portsmouth
Wed. 26  - Derby        v   Liverpool

The released statement from H & G was well thought of and I for one would hope we could all stay calm and united in support of our mgr and team, more so in the coming month ahead. Those media f*kers are all out to tear us apart hoping to profit a repeat of chel$ki/maureen episode in their papers. Let’s not get suck in by them.

Ok, we need to secure Masche’s 17mil signature or a defender (Argentine’s E.Garay?) but surely we can do it after killing off c$$$ki, perhaps after 20th morning, when rafa’s bargaining power will be at solid state then come Jan window
lio

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:31 am

Ciggy wrote: ???  Why does he keep saying coaching and training?
He never says that and he says it an awful lot in that interview.

Someone said a while ago that Rafa's agent plants the stories of other clubs wanting him in a sort of blackmailing way, if you dont give me this, that and the other I will leave look they want me.

What is strange about this is a few days ago he said,

But even if I was approached I would tell whichever club it was that I am really happy with my club, my squad, my supporters and my city. whats changed since?

He knows he would upset the fans by these latest comments, and I think Big Mick might be right with his theory.

Quite believable, if things dont go his way I wouldnt be surprised if he jumped ship. He did it at Valencia.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:38 am

G & H are correct though but I dont agree with our dirty washing being made public its not the way we do things here.
Carson, Riise, Sissoko and maybe Crouch will go in January we will recieve a tidy sum for these 4 players.

I dont think we need to be bringing in a load of players in January we already have a massive squad and to many players more rotation to keep them all happy.

For me I just think we need a new defender and another world class striker also most players will be cup tied for the CL if we are still in it.
January doesnt really see big money signings any way.

G & H would not have been happy seeing Torres on the bench against Birmingham and Portsmouth thats for sure.

And we need to buy Mascherano so he is ours for keeps.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:03 am

Reg wrote:Why would any manager want the england job now they are out of the 2008 championship??

The only attraction for Rafa would be the biggest squad imaginable for him to play out his rotation theories......  :laugh:

maybe its just to deliver a message to the owners , that if he does not get the backing and assurance that his job is safe , then he will leave . We already know that bayern have expressed their interest in him . Rafa i don't think however will go and take that job , firstly as some of u have said england are out of the euro 2008 .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:09 am

lio wrote:
"…There are some very important games coming up in the next couple of weeks and all of us need to focus on winning those games and getting the best out of the players we already have at the club….”
Dec. '07
Sun. 2    - Liverpool     v   Bolton
Sat. 8     - Reading      v   Liverpool
Tue. 11  - Marseille    v   Liverpool  (UEFA Champions League)
Sun. 16  - Liverpool   v   Man Utd
Wed. 19 - Chelsea     v   Liverpool (Carling Cup)

Sat. 22    - Liverpool    v   Portsmouth
Wed. 26  - Derby        v   Liverpool

The released statement from H & G was well thought of and I for one would hope we could all stay calm and united in support of our mgr and team, more so in the coming month ahead. Those media f*kers are all out to tear us apart hoping to profit a repeat of chel$ki/maureen episode in their papers. Let’s not get suck in by them.

Ok, we need to secure Masche’s 17mil signature or a defender (Argentine’s E.Garay?) but surely we can do it after killing off c$$$ki, perhaps after 20th morning, when rafa’s bargaining power will be at solid state then come Jan window

E garray will cost around 14 million due to the get out clause in his con tract but we can negotiate for it wo be between 8 to 10 million , masch would prob be 15 million and thats 29 million , i don't think we need such a expensive defender , as all we gonna use him is for roatation and injuries , and i don't think when agger comes back that any defender will replace carra or agger , there're our first choice centre backs , we just need a back up player like senderos, who's :censored: but it will be cheaper and prob cost us ard 3 mill rather then the cash we will be splurging on garray
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:09 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/11/23/rafa-doubts-reds-future-89520-20149549/

Rafa doubts Reds future
By David Maddock 23/11/2007

The Spanish coach revealed his anger over how he perceives his situation at the club, when he remarkably put himself forward as the next England manager, and refused to commit himself to a long-term role at Anfield.

Benitez has become increasingly frustrated at his long-distance relationship with American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, and has deep reservations about their hands-off approach.

He is known to be concerned over what he sees as a lack of action in the transfer market - particularly over his demands for the upcoming tranfer window - and has been approached by both Bayern Munich and Fenerbahce in recent weeks.

In an extraordinary public outburst yesterday, the Liverpool boss gave what amounted to a 'back me or sack me' ultimatum to the American owners, visibly shaking with anger at an exchange with them that occurred just a few minutes before.

Gillett and Hicks quickly responded with a statement that argued they have given the Spaniard millions of pounds worth of backing in the transfer market, and equipped him with a squad to win trophies.

They also pointed out their patience in dealing with outbursts of this type from Benitez, most notably when he berated them after the Champions League final.

Their approach seems designed to call the bluff of Benitez, and force him to back down or quit the club - a move that would cost him the millions he would be owed on his contract if he were sacked.

At a crucial time in the club's history a vicious civil war has broken out. It can only destroy the fragile peace that has existed since the manager's last outburst.

Benitez stopped short of verbally threatening to walk out yesterday, but his implication was clear, and he did insist that he was a candidate to become the next manager of England.

"I may be interested in the England job. In the future you never know. It could happen, maybe if I improve my English," he said, with barely a hint of a smile.

Later, when questioned whether we should take his suggestion seriously, he responded: "I was serious about England, yes."  What the fuck I really thought it was tongue in cheek.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:15 am

They've already given Rafa quite a lot of money to spend thus far.

And they have a stadium to build.

Now it's his job to get this team playing well.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:20 am

I have to admit that there could be something serious going on at the club after reading a transcript of the press conference that someone had posted on another forum.

Transcript of Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez when questioned by the Press yesterday

PRESS: Do you know how much you will have to spend from the American owners in January?

RB: As always I am focused on training and coaching my team.

Have you had any assurances you’ll have what you want?

What about your long-term plan?

RB: My plan is training and coaching the team.

Is there anything upsetting you?

Do you have anything to say?

It’s clear something is up...

RB: You have my answer.

You’re very different from normal...

RB: You have my answer.

It’s clear that something is up, though. How can you focus on your training and coaching?

RB: I was preparing the training session before this Press conference. So I am always focused on training and coaching.

It’s not always possible, though...

RB: Yes, it is for me.

You said after the story linking you with Bayern Munich you were happy to stay here for a long time, is that still the case?

We’re not going to tease it out of you, are we? You’re not normally late for a Press conference. You were obviously preoccupied by something...

RB: Because as always I was focusing on the training session.

Is there anything you would like to say?

You always say you are focused on training and coaching, but you usually give answers to our enquiries, so how come it’s changed suddenly?

RB: Nothing. I’m just focused on training and coaching as always.

You did kind of suggest to the TV people that you were open to possibility of the England job. Is that something we should treat seriously?

RB: It’s your decision. You never know what will happen in the future.

Were you serious when you answered it?

RB: I was serious.

It would be dereliction of our duty not to point out that one day you say you are looking to stay here a long time, then the next day you are saying who knows about England for the future. Isn’t there a contradiction between the two?

RB: The future is the future. Now, as always I am focused on training and coaching my team, so I cannot say anything else. Just to keep preparing for the next game.

You’ve always said you wanted to stay here for years and years and talked about the future here?

RB: That is true.

So, what you’re saying suggests that perhaps the future here is in question?

RB: I am focused on training and coaching my team.

So who knows?

Are you being allowed to do that as you wish?

RB: I am focused on training and coaching my team.

Does everyone associated with the club share that opinion?

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk

I really hope that this situation does not affect the game on saturday.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Rimetto_ » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:34 am

i was worried about the story but just listened to the full audio and i just think it was at first a little joke with the interviewer because of the slip calling him england manager,

Then as always the press probably kept on and on asking him so as rafa as done in the past (Bellamy & Riise comes to mind) deals with it in his own way by givung the answer the question warrants.
Rimetto_

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:38 am

Its not a very good situation is it what about all these young kids he has brought in for the future if he doesnt plan to be here?

What about the spanish speaking players we have if he left I think most would follow him, then you would get another manager another squad overhaul with the players he would want.

Its just not the time to be @rsing around like this its got me worried I may not agree with some of Rafa's rotation methods and I have been critical of him doing so but I dont want him to leave I dont think there is a better replacement out there and all this is totally unnecessary from both parties.

And the way Pako left was weird to say the least maybe more things have gone on that we are not aware of.

Your right hand man for 12 years doesnt become your enemy over night for no reason.

If Rafa has anything about him he will clarify things today if he doesnt.
Then (worry)!!!!!

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:40 am

Ciggy wrote:Its not a very good situation is it what about all these young kids he has brought in for the future if he doesnt plan to be here?

What about the spanish speaking players we have if he left I think most would follow him, then you would get another manager another squad overhaul with the players he would want.

Its just not the time to be @rsing around like this its got me worried I may not agree with some of Rafa's rotation methods and I have been critical of him doing so but I dont want him to leave I dont think there is a better replacement out there and all this is totally unnecessary from both parties.

And the way Pako left was weird to say the least maybe more things have gone on that we are not aware of.

Your right hand man for 12 years doesnt become your enemy over night for no reason.

If Rafa has anything about him he will clarify things today if he doesnt.
Then (worry)!!!!!

Ciggy stop chatting pure sh it  plz.

LOL some mothers do ave em.  Rafa thoguht it was someone else firing the bullets not Paco

What if ?

What if?

What if?

What if?

What if?

What if?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:41 am

It seem by what is coming out this morning (Radio 5 live) Rafa spent a lot of time looking at other players and then spoke to Tom Hicks and George Gillett, about buyig them. he was told (hear say by radio 5 live)

"you should be focused on training and coaching the team with the players that we have just got you first"

as we know Tom Hicks and George Gillett asked Rafa at the start of the football year who he would like them to buy to make this a winning team, Rafa asked and got what he asked for, they it seems he might have got it wrong and is asking for them to buy more.

a few points i would like to make and i hope they get read.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett are right to say "wait"  they have put a lot of money into the club and gave Rafa the players he was asking for, if its not working then they have the right to think it might not be down to the players that we are not getting the results and it might be down to how they are being used.

the other point and i have said the same about Owen when he started to talk about going to other clubs. The club is bigger than one person. if that onwe person starts to talk about moving on then they are not 100% liverpool fc and in that case they can shut the door behind them.

Rafa has not got the results so far this year to be able to stand there and start making sounds that come out like he is saying " if i dont get what i am asking for i will leave".

After the last few days i can not see Rafa being at the club next year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:51 am

murphy0151 wrote:Ciggy stop chatting pure sh it  plz.

LOL some mothers do ave em.  Rafa thoguht it was someone else firing the bullets not Paco

Why am I chatting shit? the fella who done the article posts on other forums Tony Barrett I dont think he does scaremongerings somehow.

Rafa was 35 minutes late for the press conference because he was having transatlantic conversations with the yanks over new players.

Do you not think something fishy went on?
with rafa and Pako for them to fall out like that after 12 years?

Dont know what the "LOL some mothers do ave em statement is for" you can bury your head in the sand, but something has obviously gone on.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:55 am

Ciggy wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:Ciggy stop chatting pure sh it  plz.

Why am I chatting shit? the fella who done the article posts on other forums Tony Barrett I dont think he does scaremongerings somehow.

Rafa was 35 minutes late for the press conference because he was having transatlantic conversations with the yanks over new players.

Do you not think something fishy went on?
with rafa and Pako for them to fall out like that after 12 years?

Dont know what the "LOL some mothers do ave em statement is for" you can bury your head in the sand, but something has obviously gone on.

Yes somehing did go on with Paco and Rafa but to say he is now his enemy is ludricus, dont you think so?

There aint no sand round here, but what if? ???? ???? ????
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:58 am

After the last few days i can not see Rafa being at the club next year.

Sillytalk, how could gather that from 1 press conference?

If however this was a real falling out over what has been reported who would the fans side with?
burjennio

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion