Takeover -on again? - Talk of takeover surfaces again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mighty mo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:43 pm

the new england patriots have won three superbowls in four years ,2002,2004,2005 and are red hot favorites this season for another,but they are  not the most  popular team  in boston  that honour goes the boston red sox baseball team  :(
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:24 pm

I'm from Boston, and you're right, the Sox are our most popular team...but the Patriots come in a VERY close second. And I'll tell you, Bob Kraft is about as far from Malcolm Glazer as you can get...he cares just as much (if not more) about success as he does about profit, and he's one of America's biggest soccer supporters. He had a huge hand in creating the MLS, and the Revolution have been a consistently good team for years now. They started off pretty shoddy, but the MLS has very constrictive rules about transfers and wages that make it hard to form a real powerhouse team (they were put in place to avoid Chelski-type situations).
As I've said before, I'd love it if Kraft took over at LFC. Not only would we get very competent leadership, but access to a large amount of money that would be guaranteed to be spent wisely. Plus, it might make the Revolution a kind of feeder club for us, and they've got some pretty serious talent right now and always draft well.
cptrios

Postby teamleader1 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:40 pm

Could you just repeat that please Paul ? :D
teamleader1

Postby mighty mo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:48 pm

cptrios wrote:I'm from Boston, and you're right, the Sox are our most popular team...but the Patriots come in a VERY close second. And I'll tell you, Bob Kraft is about as far from Malcolm Glazer as you can get...he cares just as much (if not more) about success as he does about profit, and he's one of America's biggest soccer supporters. He had a huge hand in creating the MLS, and the Revolution have been a consistently good team for years now. They started off pretty shoddy, but the MLS has very constrictive rules about transfers and wages that make it hard to form a real powerhouse team (they were put in place to avoid Chelski-type situations).
As I've said before, I'd love it if Kraft took over at LFC. Not only would we get very competent leadership, but access to a large amount of money that would be guaranteed to be spent wisely. Plus, it might make the Revolution a kind of feeder club for us, and they've got some pretty serious talent right now and always draft well.

i hope you are not a red sox fan if you are i think you will  know who i follow in the mlb
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:58 pm

i hope you are not a red sox fan if you are i think you will  know who i follow in the mlb

Sheesh! Why is everyone outside the US a goddamn Yankees fan? :laugh:
cptrios

Postby mighty mo » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:09 pm

i still haven,t recovered from the alcs last year :upside:  :veryangry
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:31 pm

haha forget the sox, I'm a cubbies fan !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:48 pm

i use to play basketball for a team over here called red sox,so they get my vote :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:50 pm

ry_math wrote:im against it! yes we will have more money....but there not liverpool fc fans! david moores heart is with liverpool! AND  id hate to be like another chel$ki who have to buy there way to the title:angry:

I second that completely.  Lets not become a plastic team!
Red Red Tom

Postby matrix » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:36 am

paul c  that was some report by the way    the never ending post  :D

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:55 am

Paul C-top post dude!

Read it and be informed.

Stuff like this needs to be aired, giving us all a chance to make informed opinions with decent information.
daddyo

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:57 am

:laugh:
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion