Sebastian Leto - Signing Complete

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:37 pm

Liverpool land Leto - reports
Wed 10 Jan, 6:30 PM

Liverpool have agreed to sign midfielder Sebastian Leto from Lanus, according to reports in the Argentinian media on Wednesday.The Lanus board has approved the transfer of the 20-year-old midfielder who is poised to move to Anfield in July.

It is reported that Liverpool have agreed to pay 3.6million US dollars (£1.87million).

Vice-president Nicolas Russo told Clarin newspaper: "We are satisfied because the offer met what we were asking for."

Leto said: "I'm very happy. It would be wonderful to play in one of the most important teams in the world.

"Liverpool is a club with a big history, and they won the Champions League two years ago," he told Ole newspaper.

"It has not fully sunk in yet. I usually watch Manchester United games on TV and now I will face them!"

Next Wednesday, Leto will fly to England to undergo the usual medical tests, according to the reports.

He will be accompanied by his agent Fernando Cosentino, Lanus president Alejandro Maron and four members of the board who will negotiate the last details of the transfer.

Source:
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/10012007/1/liverpool-land-leto-reports.html
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:59 pm

He said he is a winger on skysports, what flank does he play on ?
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:04 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Atl%C3%A9tico_Lan%C3%BAs

Its proving a bit hard to find exactly what flank he plays on. lol
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:04 pm

bavlondon wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Atl%C3%A9tico_Lan%C3%BAs

Its proving a bit hard to find exactly what flank he plays on. lol

Cheers Bav  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:07 pm

why do we keep signing funny a.ss players ?!

id rather we went in for a big name to start instead of some guy who MIGHT make it as a squad player ! our starting lineup is more or less shiitty in many areas... why not get players we'll start instead of players we'll need to wait 5 years to see take on the pitch ?!

arsenal can do that... they have class players in almost every position except for their left back... a promising talent nonetheless !

2 million is sumthing.. and id rather we put it into a bid for a more established player instead !

thus far... id says rafa has been dissapointing in the transfer market since his arrival !
so many players he could and should have signed.... after that championsleague win...we should have signed a world class player or two... shame we didnt.. and look at the squad we have now !

dissapointing !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:09 pm

Never heard of him or the club . Somebody tell me it's a good thing .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby destro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:14 pm

Heres a bit about his previous club ?

Club Atlético Lanús is an Argentinian football club founded in Lanús, Buenos Aires, in January 3, 1915.

In 1978, with debts for over $2 million US the club faced its worst crisis. But the support of its fans made it possible to come back to the Second division, and heal its debts. In 1978 the club had 2,000 members; in 1981 it had 10,000.

The club has also a professional basketball team playing in Argentine third division.

If we had signed him in 1978 ( apart from the fact he would of only been 8) We would of cleared their debts :p

River plate as one of the Argies top sides pulled out of signing him, good or bad thing for us ...time will tell
destro

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:16 pm

aCe' wrote:why do we keep signing funny a.ss players ?!

id rather we went in for a big name to start instead of some guy who MIGHT make it as a squad player ! our starting lineup is more or less shiitty in many areas... why not get players we'll start instead of players we'll need to wait 5 years to see take on the pitch ?!

arsenal can do that... they have class players in almost every position except for their left back... a promising talent nonetheless !

2 million is sumthing.. and id rather we put it into a bid for a more established player instead !

thus far... id says rafa has been dissapointing in the transfer market since his arrival !
so many players he could and should have signed.... after that championsleague win...we should have signed a world class player or two... shame we didnt.. and look at the squad we have now !

dissapointing !

So you knew about Francesc Fabregas,Eboue,Philip Senderos and countless others when they were brought in by Wenger? Did you? Nobody did, and they were brought in for peanuts.

They're developing [Fabregas especially] into top players, but 4 years ago you sure as hell didn't know who the f#ck he was.

Some players turn out to be good some don't. It's also amusing how Benitez is getting stick because of the Youth Academy, and here he goes tries to buy a young player who was developed elsewhere [which is what Wenger has been doing for years] and he gets blasted for it.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:17 pm

destro wrote:Heres a bit about his previous club ?

Club Atlético Lanús is an Argentinian football club founded in Lanús, Buenos Aires, in January 3, 1915.

In 1978, with debts for over $2 million US the club faced its worst crisis. But the support of its fans made it possible to come back to the Second division, and heal its debts. In 1978 the club had 2,000 members; in 1981 it had 10,000.

The club has also a professional basketball team playing in Argentine third division.

If we had signed him in 1978 ( apart from the fact he would of only been 8) We would of cleared their debts :p

:laugh: pmsl

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:20 pm

A.B. wrote:

dissapointing !

So you knew about Francesc Fabregas,Eboue,Philip Senderos and countless others when they were brought in by Wenger? Did you? Nobody did, and they were brought in for peanuts.

They're developing [Fabregas especially] into top players, but 4 years ago you sure as hell didn't know who the f#ck he was.

Some players turn out to be good some don't.

oh... you and ur fcking shiitty posts...

you know nuthing about football buddy ... u go choke on a diick with all ur rafa a.ss kissing buddies...
pathetic is what you are... and

2) you dont like my posts dont fcking read them piece of sht !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:21 pm

destro wrote:River plate as one of the Argies top sides pulled out of signing him, good or bad thing for us ...time will tell

i was thinkin exactly the same thing today, surely if he was any good River Plate would have busted a gut to sign him for the small fee we paid  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:24 pm

A.B. wrote:

dissapointing !

Some players turn out to be good some don't. It's also amusing how Benitez is getting stick because of the Youth Academy, and here he goes tries to buy a young player who was developed elsewhere [which is what Wenger has been doing for years] and he gets blasted for it.

I agree totally!!

Lets splash out a ton of money on the likes of Shevchenko, Ballack and Wright-Phillips.......oh wait, that didn't work out for another Prem club. :D

Filling the squad and reserves with these young players with upside will only  strengthen Liverpool as a whole in the long run.  It is very difficult to get big named players to plug into your squad during the winter transfer season.  The ones you  can get your hands on are playing overseas and it takes f@cking forever for them to settle in to the English game.  We will not get anyone who will slot in to the team sheet against Watford, not to mention the next match against Chelski! 

We need to formulate our best 11 we currently have and start throwing them out there every match!!
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:28 pm

aCe' wrote:
A.B. wrote:

dissapointing !

Some players turn out to be good some don't.

oh... you and ur fcking shiitty posts...

you know nuthing about football buddy ... u go choke on a diick with all ur rafa a.ss kissing buddies...
pathetic is what you are... and

2) you dont like my posts dont fcking read them piece of sht !

Learn how to spell properly. Take a class somewhere, learn how to capitalize letters.

Now back to the topic at hand. As I already said, did you know who Fabregas was when Arsenal nicked him from Barcelona's youth academy?

Probably not, in fact I'm pretty sure you didn't. He was only 16 at the time and Arsenal have nicked another player from Barca's system and signed him in the summer [interestingly enough we were negotiating for him as well].

The same players you are praising from Arsenal's youth academy is the same players Benitez is trying to sign at a younger age. Yet you criticize him for it because they aren't ''big names''.

1. We don't have the funds to buy big names at the moment. That may soon change.

2. Big names don't guarantee success. Exhibit A: Andry Shevchenko, Exhibit B: Fernando Morientes, Exhibit C: Michael Ballack.

Case closed.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:30 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:
A.B. wrote:

dissapointing !

I agree totally!!

Lets splash out a ton of money on the likes of Shevchenko, Ballack and Wright-Phillips.......oh wait, that didn't work out for another Prem club. :D

Filling the squad and reserves with these young players with upside will only  strengthen Liverpool as a whole in the long run.  It is very difficult to get big named players to plug into your squad during the winter transfer season.  The ones you  can get your hands on are playing overseas and it takes f@cking forever for them to settle in to the English game.  We will not get anyone who will slot in to the team sheet against Watford, not to mention the next match against Chelski! 

We need to formulate our best 11 we currently have and start throwing them out there every match!!

basically what ur saying is....
we wont win anything for say... the next 5-10 years ?!

bullsht ! get ur head outta ur a.sss mate .. we hav a shiiittyy squad in comparison to the top 3 .. signing shiitty youngsters will do us no good ! maybe in 5 years... not now tho !

and ur trying to compare wengers signings to rafa's ?!

rafa is a good manager... not as good in the market as wenger is tho... not in a million years !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:30 pm

Smack me if I sound paranoid BUT has Rafa's refusal to sign me down to the fact that i don't speak spanish ?

I had a similar problem with Houllier , ok I couldn't speak french either but wtf !  :angry:

:D

(many a true word spoken in jest etc etc etc , certainly want LFC to scour the world for talent but at the moment the ability to speak Rafa's language seems to give you a leg up  ???  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion