What a complete toe-rag ! - Ronnie whelan..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 pm

Watched him again doing the analysis of tonight's CL games (Arsenal being the live game shown) and the poxy little gimp couldn't resist a number of comments about the recent game vs. Birmingham, or the steady regression of the club in recent years. Also pointed out that he believed Roy is definitely not the right man for the job, and that we haven't got an even decent squad...

Thing is, he MAY be right on a few of his observations, but EVERY chance he gets, he slates the club, the poxbottle...

For an ex-player who owes so much to the club and the fans, it really pi$$es me off..

:angry:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Its hard to find those who dont slate the club to be honest. At the minute we are a mess, and a lot needs to be sorted out. The critics will always be there to stick the boot in when they can. Dont worry about it is my best advice. Lets be honest here, if you hadn't have opened this topic, I wouldn't have known about it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:55 am

I think Whelan is just being honest and telling it how he feels (although I didn't hear his comments last night).

IMO, that's pretty refreshing when you consider what passes for pundits these days. The lads on RTE offer a straight answer to a straight question.
tonyeh

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 am

Whelan is one end of the spectrum: "telling it how it is" honest, forthright, pulling no punches.
Phil Thompson is the other end: loyal beyond reason, always supportive and positive
Tommy Smith and Aldo are somewhere in the middle: loyal but critical when needed
Lawrenson is also somewhere in the middle: critical but loyal when needed
They are all making money by being the way their employers want them to be
Thommo's perm

Postby zarababe » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:56 pm

.. adn then there's that 'back passing' Redknapp.. did sod all and was an over-hyped idiot.. he was truly 'diabolical' .. slating Torres... whose boots he is not worth of cleaning :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:39 pm

he's probably still upset about the rumours involding his daughter and gerrard  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Whelan's a ballbag. I've no time nor the want to even listen to what that bitter wee sh*te even has to say about us. Never passes up the chance to stick the knife in when it's really not needed. It's as if he thinks the supporters of this club are thick or something and don't know what's really going on.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:07 pm

He was a manc supporter as a kid and since leaving has been sticking the knife in ever since . He wanted rafa out because he said we should have a british manager now he is slaggin the club off for something else instead - dont think i have ever heard him say a good word about us .
Benny The Noon

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:He was a manc supporter as a kid and since leaving has been sticking the knife in ever since . He wanted rafa out because he said we should have a british manager now he is slaggin the club off for something else instead - dont think i have ever heard him say a good word about us .

He's on the RTE pundits panel. That speaks for itself. If you ever want a good laugh, watch a match on RTE and listen to the half-time/post match expert (so called) debate. It's quiet entertaining at times.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:He was a manc supporter as a kid and since leaving has been sticking the knife in ever since . He wanted rafa out because he said we should have a british manager now he is slaggin the club off for something else instead - dont think i have ever heard him say a good word about us .

He's on the RTE pundits panel. That speaks for itself. If you ever want a good laugh, watch a match on RTE and listen to the half-time/post match expert (so called) debate. It's quiet entertaining at times.

I'd ratheer watch RTE than listen to the boring drivel on UK tv from Hansen, Lawro, Shearer or any of the muppets they had during the World Cup, in fairness....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:35 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

I'd ratheer watch RTE than listen to the boring drivel on UK tv from Hansen, Lawro, Shearer or any of the muppets they had during the World Cup, in fairness....

As I said hes not afraid to speak his mind
Whether you agree with him or not...
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:40 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

i like Hansen, he always talks a lot sense, especially when it comes to talking about defending. However, the World Cup coverage was poor.

Did anyone see the mockumentary when shearer went into the S African Slums to talk about Apartheid? It was like watching Mr Magoo perform a weather forcast.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:40 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

True. Alan Shearer and Adabayor were two boring b@stards to be fair. Shearer almost singlehandedly ruins MOTD for me.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:42 pm

I wish Ronnie Whelan was 21 again and putting on the red shirt and showing the 100 and odd foreigners that have been and gone over the last 10 years just what it means to play for this club.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:18 pm

neil wrote:I wish Ronnie Whelan was 21 again and putting on the red shirt and showing the 100 and odd foreigners that have been and gone over the last 10 years just what it means to play for this club.

Like who? Torres? Hyppia? Hamman? Pepe? Berger et al? Whelan was also a foreigner. Just because a player comes from somewhere other than England, it doesn't mean they don't know what it means to play for the club. Just ask Morientes.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion