TAKEOVER COMPLETE - H & G Finally Jibbed!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red--sangria » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:09 pm

i think why RAFA is not happy. about four weeks ago i listened to rafa interveiwed in spain it was a very long interveiw and clearig noticed rafa was not the same man he was three months ago, and the reason was when he was asked about taking the spanish job o to come back to valencia again i noticed that rafa didn't say no streght away, he's neva done this before and i think the reason i think is the way the media and a lost liverpool fans have treated him over the last few months.he's been critisized over his integraity and he's been insulted as a person and i think rafa realises how vulnerable his job is in liverpool. he only needs to lose some matches for the media and some liverpool fans attack his integrity and asking to be sacked...is my opinion.
red--sangria

Postby kunilson » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:16 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Ahhh, I see the confusion now...

"Or consider the word "spelt," an older participial form of the word "spell." You almost never encounter "spelt" in the United States, but it is actually fairly common in England. On the other hand, the older participial form "gotten" is almost unheard of in England, but in most sentences it is the preferred form in the U.S." (from http://www.grammartips.homestead.com/british.html)

Of course, since Gillett is American, I simply must insist on the American (and Canadian!) usage in this case!  :p   :D

that was the most interesting thing i have read all day. and i have read alot of :censored: today, mainly from this board! (from my own keyboard)
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:25 pm

red--sangria wrote:i think why RAFA is not happy. about four weeks ago i listened to rafa interveiwed in spain it was a very long interveiw and clearig noticed rafa was not the same man he was three months ago, and the reason was when he was asked about taking the spanish job o to come back to valencia again i noticed that rafa didn't say no streght away, he's neva done this before and i think the reason i think is the way the media and a lost liverpool fans have treated him over the last few months.he's been critisized over his integraity and he's been insulted as a person and i think rafa realises how vulnerable his job is in liverpool. he only needs to lose some matches for the media and some liverpool fans attack his integrity and asking to be sacked...is my opinion.

I missed that long interview, in what channel or paper was mate?

I don't think Rafa reads the internet boards, and when it comes to the stadium mate, I don't recall the Liverpool fans not supporting him. They sing Rafa-Rafael-Rafa more often than not.

Then he has received some stick by some people in the press, and pundits. Do you honestly think Rafa cares? I think that he overlooks the press as much as he overlooked the twáts that write bullshít in our country, De la Morena, Marca, and the likes.

So I don't see why he should feel insulted. Remember in Valencia, when he took the job and he had to listen from de la Morena "Who is that?" when he mentioned the new Valencia manager. That was insulting, for all he cared he won the liga afterwards. He never lacked support in Anfield and away games. The environment is much more supportive and milder than in Valencia, where you can have guys insulting you in the very training sessions.

Is my opinion, too :D
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:38 pm

rafa should have a statue somewhere in liverpoooool
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:43 pm

Not sure what to make of this, Rafa definitely was in bad form, whether he was just in bad form after getting up out of the wrong side of the bed or whether it has something to do with the owners it is hard to tell. The timing of the Americans' statement is strange: a statement like that doesn't just come from nowhere, particularly given that G&H already effectively said what they said a few weeks ago.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby red--sangria » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:57 pm

Sabre wrote:
red--sangria wrote:i think why RAFA is not happy. about four weeks ago i listened to rafa interveiwed in spain it was a very long interveiw and clearig noticed rafa was not the same man he was three months ago, and the reason was when he was asked about taking the spanish job o to come back to valencia again i noticed that rafa didn't say no streght away, he's neva done this before and i think the reason i think is the way the media and a lost liverpool fans have treated him over the last few months.he's been critisized over his integraity and he's been insulted as a person and i think rafa realises how vulnerable his job is in liverpool. he only needs to lose some matches for the media and some liverpool fans attack his integrity and asking to be sacked...is my opinion.

I missed that long interview, in what channel or paper was mate?

I don't think Rafa reads the internet boards, and when it comes to the stadium mate, I don't recall the Liverpool fans not supporting him. They sing Rafa-Rafael-Rafa more often than not.

Then he has received some stick by some people in the press, and pundits. Do you honestly think Rafa cares? I think that he overlooks the press as much as he overlooked the twáts that write bullshít in our country, De la Morena, Marca, and the likes.

So I don't see why he should feel insulted. Remember in Valencia, when he took the job and he had to listen from de la Morena "Who is that?" when he mentioned the new Valencia manager. That was insulting, for all he cared he won the liga afterwards. He never lacked support in Anfield and away games. The environment is much more supportive and milder than in Valencia, where you can have guys insulting you in the very training sessions.

Is my opinion, too :D

totaly in agreement whith you point.
in the inteveiwed con la morena i clearly noticed rafa was not same confident man .if was my inprecion...
red--sangria

Postby roberto green » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:04 am

I heard today that Rafa wanted to tie up Mascharano on a permanant deal before his price rockets even more and there is some hitch with G/H over this and words were said, Might of explained his bad mood today at the press conference, were it goes from here who knows....
:( :(
roberto green

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:45 am

Reg wrote:Why would any manager want the england job now they are out of the 2008 championship??

The promise of money you or I couldn't imagine?

Anyway, who the f*ck knows why Rafa was in bad form. Maybe he stood on a plug with his bare feet? Maybe a bird sh*t on his head on the way in? Maybe he caught Pako banging his missus? WHo knows. The press sure as f*ck don't, so they are just jumping to fairytale conclusions as f*cking usual. C*nts.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:56 am

Bloody hell you lot are getting wound up over nothing, watch the press conference, there was nothing in it at all.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:57 am

The statement got me all worried, but I'm going to be patient about this, I really hope that this type of attraction doesn't get the player's attention and let them lose control of whats more important, challenging for the title.

I think everyone needs to be patient about these type of situations, no one knows what happens behind the scene except Rafa and the owners.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yankee17 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:15 am

Having listened to the full audio link provided by Nanny Red, I have to say I completely agree with Weringo.  There is absolutely nothing to this.  His press conference was completely normal and he answered questions in much the same manner as other press conferences I have heard.  I am not worried about Rafa's commitment to the club.

That being said, I am a little worried by my two fellow Americans and their statement, but I think the press has succeeded in making this much larger than it really is, and unfortunately many fellow Liverpool supporters have fallen for this nonsense.

Nothing to see here.
Yankee17

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:16 am

I just hope any possible disagreements are minor, and swiftly overcome.

We'll see what comes of it.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:22 am

why is there a need for Gillett and Hicks to release that statement though? that's the question here...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:31 am

I too herd this has something to do with Rafa wantin to tie up Masha early but for whatever reason the yanks dont, sky mentioned something about it but then droped it to go with the "whats wrong with Rafa" isnt he a moody sod line.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:54 am

???  Why does he keep saying coaching and training?
He never says that and he says it an awful lot in that interview.

Someone said a while ago that Rafa's agent plants the stories of other clubs wanting him in a sort of blackmailing way, if you dont give me this, that and the other I will leave look they want me.

What is strange about this is a few days ago he said,

But even if I was approached I would tell whichever club it was that I am really happy with my club, my squad, my supporters and my city. whats changed since?

He knows he would upset the fans by these latest comments, and I think Big Mick might be right with his theory.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion