TAKEOVER COMPLETE - H & G Finally Jibbed!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:50 pm

im with sabre, its just talk... theres not even any betting on rafa... tony blairs a smaller price, so lets wait and see what happens, and nothing will happen
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:59 pm

It's a worry but it's probably the inevitable consequence of having owners who are thousands of miles away and don't know too much about the game anyhow. I've been making the point for a while now that the key about this season is direction, are we learning our lessons, improving our processes?

It's probably not enough in the owners eyes that we have improved as a team (which we have despite the fact that we are clinging on by a thread in Europe) as they would say the reason we have improved is due to the signing of Torres and that alone I would suspect. They would also probably say that despite our improvement, Man Utd and particualrly Arsenal have improved at least as much, and in the case of the London team, probably more.

I can't help thinking that given they aren't stupid people (at least we assume they aren't), and given they will have a limited at best appreciation of football in general, it seems to me to be an absolute certainty that they will ahve a couple of trusted advisors who are totally independant of the club, who guide them before they stick 20 million in or on the direction the club is going. I've made the point before that if those advisors don't totally buy into the rotation "rafa-style" theory, then unless the manager can prove the theory fairly sharpish then he is going to have a significant problem.

Should we lose against Man Utd in a few weeks then we are probably gone for all money, I think most people would accept that. Draw a couple more games when the rivals win and you could probably say the same, so then it comes down to how much under those circumstances the owners would back the manager.

THIS is to me the in between the lines of what the yanks are saying. "When we come over in December, we could be out of the league and out of Europe. Lets wait and see what happens and we'll talk then". Unreasonable? probably, surprising? no.

We can all (well you can all) make stats say whatever you like, and if their advisors are not into the rotation and have stuck a piece of paper under their noses showing how much Wenger has spent compared to Rafa over the years, then they might just be considering options should it go pearshaped.

I hope they hold their nerve and they back the manager for one more season after this one. In return, I hope Rafa undertakes to be a bit more conventional with his selection policy. The original win-win scenario.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:16 pm

All three of them should keep their  mouths shut and get on with their jobs rather than playing who's got the biggest #### in the press. Not the way business should be run and certainly not the Liverpool way.

Had my first doubts about H&G in the summer, begining to wonder if we have sold our soul for "a pocket full of mumbles such are promises. All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest"
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:37 pm

Just watched the Rafa interview am not reading much into it myself why should he be asked questions about England when it was a Liverpool interview the man wanted questions on saturdays match not Englans game last night. As far as im concerned it was just Rafa being Rafa when questioned about the England job. You can see the little smirk on his face.

Whats making me laugh are all the Rafa should go brigade starting to worry now
Ihope this link works for anyone who has not seen it

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpo....0148256

Audio of full interview
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/videos-....0147647
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Not fuc.king happy that teh Yanks are playing this out like this with official statements.

Rafa needs to sort his sh.it as well with that press conference bullsh.it.

THIS IS NOT THE LIVERPOOL WAY !!

Very worried. :down:

Agreed leon, i'm worried myself . All chaiman and managers have there arguements and this is probably no different ,the worrying thing is that all this posturing is being done in public and in full view of all the press "not good". Somethings deffo not right with there relationship and it needs to be sorted privately and quickly. :no
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Can whoever edited the title of my post now correct their spelling? :D

It's spelt Gillett. :p
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:09 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Can whoever edited the title of my post now correct their spelling? :D

Sorted.  (And it's spelled not spelt!  :p ) :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby kunilson » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:11 pm

hearing real madrid or bayern munich wanted rafa didnt worry me, this does.

but i too think that rafa was just being polite
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby jeff capes » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:15 pm

lets face it the england job is a quick way to make a lot of money.
jeff capes

Postby jeff capes » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:17 pm

this means rafa is willing to admit this is as far as he can take liverpool.

or maybe he was hurt his name was not being put around like his rival  moronio.
jeff capes

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:17 pm

How naive do you think Rafa is, he knew if he didn't knock it on the head the rumours would fly. He's not fresh off the boat ffs.
account deleted by request

Postby kunilson » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:19 pm

s@int wrote:How naive do you think Rafa is, he knew if he didn't knock it on the head the rumours would fly. He's not fresh off the boat ffs.

word
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:26 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:Can whoever edited the title of my post now correct their spelling? :D

Either's fine, I think you'll find.  :p
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:27 pm

jeff capes wrote:this means rafa is willing to admit this is as far as he can take liverpool.

or maybe he was hurt his name was not being put around like his rival  moronio.

:laugh:
:laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:33 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Either's fine, I think you'll find.  :p

Ahhh, I see the confusion now...

"Or consider the word "spelt," an older participial form of the word "spell." You almost never encounter "spelt" in the United States, but it is actually fairly common in England. On the other hand, the older participial form "gotten" is almost unheard of in England, but in most sentences it is the preferred form in the U.S." (from http://www.grammartips.homestead.com/british.html)

Of course, since Gillett is American, I simply must insist on the American (and Canadian!) usage in this case!  :p   :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion