Sebastian Leto - Signing Complete

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 pm

aCe' wrote:
jeffiroquai wrote:
A.B. wrote:
aCe' wrote:why do we keep signing funny a.ss players ?!

id rather we went in for a big name to start instead of some guy who MIGHT make it as a squad player ! our starting lineup is more or less shiitty in many areas... why not get players we'll start instead of players we'll need to wait 5 years to see take on the pitch ?!

arsenal can do that... they have class players in almost every position except for their left back... a promising talent nonetheless !

2 million is sumthing.. and id rather we put it into a bid for a more established player instead !

thus far... id says rafa has been dissapointing in the transfer market since his arrival !
so many players he could and should have signed.... after that championsleague win...we should have signed a world class player or two... shame we didnt.. and look at the squad we have now !

dissapointing !

So you knew about Francesc Fabregas,Eboue,Philip Senderos and countless others when they were brought in by Wenger? Did you? Nobody did, and they were brought in for peanuts.

They're developing [Fabregas especially] into top players, but 4 years ago you sure as hell didn't know who the f#ck he was.

Some players turn out to be good some don't. It's also amusing how Benitez is getting stick because of the Youth Academy, and here he goes tries to buy a young player who was developed elsewhere [which is what Wenger has been doing for years] and he gets blasted for it.

I agree totally!!

Lets splash out a ton of money on the likes of Shevchenko, Ballack and Wright-Phillips.......oh wait, that didn't work out for another Prem club. :D

Filling the squad and reserves with these young players with upside will only  strengthen Liverpool as a whole in the long run.  It is very difficult to get big named players to plug into your squad during the winter transfer season.  The ones you  can get your hands on are playing overseas and it takes f@cking forever for them to settle in to the English game.  We will not get anyone who will slot in to the team sheet against Watford, not to mention the next match against Chelski! 

We need to formulate our best 11 we currently have and start throwing them out there every match!!

basically what ur saying is....
we wont win anything for say... the next 5-10 years ?!

bullsht ! get ur head outta ur a.sss mate .. we hav a shiiittyy squad in comparison to the top 3 .. signing shiitty youngsters will do us no good ! maybe in 5 years... not now tho !

and ur trying to compare wengers signings to rafa's ?!

rafa is a good manager... not as good in the market as wenger is tho... not in a million years !

1. We're in the top three, I don't know if you haven't noticed but Arsenal are below us and were below us last season for the entire season.

2. Wenger has been at Arsenal for ten years so he's had much more time to develop his academy and reserves. Rafa has only been here 2 and a half years and he's done more in that same period than either Wenger and Fergusson did.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 pm

aCe' wrote:
jeffiroquai wrote:
A.B. wrote:

id rather we went in for a big name to start instead of some guy who MIGHT make it as a squad player ! our starting lineup is more or less shiitty in many areas... why not get players we'll start instead of players we'll need to wait 5 years to see take on the pitch ?!

arsenal can do that... they have class players in almost every position except for their left back... a promising talent nonetheless !

2 million is sumthing.. and id rather we put it into a bid for a more established player instead !

thus far... id says rafa has been dissapointing in the transfer market since his arrival !
so many players he could and should have signed.... after that championsleague win...we should have signed a world class player or two... shame we didnt.. and look at the squad we have now !

dissapointing !

So you knew about Francesc Fabregas,Eboue,Philip Senderos and countless others when they were brought in by Wenger? Did you? Nobody did, and they were brought in for peanuts.

They're developing [Fabregas especially] into top players, but 4 years ago you sure as hell didn't know who the f#ck he was.

Some players turn out to be good some don't. It's also amusing how Benitez is getting stick because of the Youth Academy, and here he goes tries to buy a young player who was developed elsewhere [which is what Wenger has been doing for years] and he gets blasted for it.

I agree totally!!

Lets splash out a ton of money on the likes of Shevchenko, Ballack and Wright-Phillips.......oh wait, that didn't work out for another Prem club. :D

Filling the squad and reserves with these young players with upside will only  strengthen Liverpool as a whole in the long run.  It is very difficult to get big named players to plug into your squad during the winter transfer season.  The ones you  can get your hands on are playing overseas and it takes f@cking forever for them to settle in to the English game.  We will not get anyone who will slot in to the team sheet against Watford, not to mention the next match against Chelski! 

We need to formulate our best 11 we currently have and start throwing them out there every match!!

basically what ur saying is....
we wont win anything for say... the next 5-10 years ?!

bullsht ! get ur head outta ur a.sss mate .. we hav a shiiittyy squad in comparison to the top 3 .. signing shiitty youngsters will do us no good ! maybe in 5 years... not now tho !

and ur trying to compare wengers signings to rafa's ?!

rafa is a good manager... not as good in the market as wenger is tho... not in a million years !

Liverpool did not sign Robbie, Gerrard or Carra from another team did we you f@cking tw@t!  They were developed as young talent.

Go support Chelski or Madrid so you can jerk off to your transfer season victories!
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:36 pm

A.B. wrote:
aCe' wrote:
A.B. wrote:

dissapointing !

Some players turn out to be good some don't.

oh... you and ur fcking shiitty posts...

you know nuthing about football buddy ... u go choke on a diick with all ur rafa a.ss kissing buddies...
pathetic is what you are... and

2) you dont like my posts dont fcking read them piece of sht !

Learn how to spell properly. Take a class somewhere, learn how to capitalize letters.

Now back to the topic at hand. As I already said, did you know who Fabregas was when Arsenal nicked him from Barcelona's youth academy?

Probably not, in fact I'm pretty sure you didn't. He was only 16 at the time and Arsenal have nicked another player from Barca's system and signed him in the summer [interestingly enough we were negotiating for him as well].

The same players you are praising from Arsenal's youth academy is the same players Benitez is trying to sign at a younger age. Yet you criticize him for it because they aren't ''big names''.

1. We don't have the funds to buy big names at the moment. That may soon change.

2. Big names don't guarantee success. Exhibit A: Andry Shevchenko, Exhibit B: Fernando Morientes, Exhibit C: Michael Ballack.

Case closed.

Jeez, mate, full marks...this gimp was so intimidated by your first reasoned response that all he could post in response was abusive rubbish and here you go and provide an even more level-headed, sensible response.  What's he gonna come back with now?  I'm guessing he'll slag off your mother and then go and play Champ Manager again.  Trezeguet's the answer, you know?  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:36 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Smack me if I sound paranoid BUT has Rafa's refusal to sign me down to the fact that i don't speak spanish ?

I had a similar problem with Houllier , ok I couldn't speak french either but wtf !  :angry:

:D

(many a true word spoken in jest etc etc etc , certainly want LFC to scour the world for talent but at the moment the ability to speak Rafa's language seems to give you a leg up  ???  )

He's signed a fair share of British youngsters as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:37 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
A.B. wrote:
aCe' wrote:
A.B. wrote:

dissapointing !

you know nuthing about football buddy ... u go choke on a diick with all ur rafa a.ss kissing buddies...

Learn how to spell properly. Take a class somewhere, learn how to capitalize letters.

Now back to the topic at hand. As I already said, did you know who Fabregas was when Arsenal nicked him from Barcelona's youth academy?

Probably not, in fact I'm pretty sure you didn't. He was only 16 at the time and Arsenal have nicked another player from Barca's system and signed him in the summer [interestingly enough we were negotiating for him as well].

The same players you are praising from Arsenal's youth academy is the same players Benitez is trying to sign at a younger age. Yet you criticize him for it because they aren't ''big names''.

1. We don't have the funds to buy big names at the moment. That may soon change.

2. Big names don't guarantee success. Exhibit A: Andry Shevchenko, Exhibit B: Fernando Morientes, Exhibit C: Michael Ballack.

Case closed.

Jeez, mate, full marks...this gimp was so intimidated by your first reasoned response that all he could post in response was abusive rubbish and here you go and provide an even more level-headed, sensible response.  What's he gonna come back with now?  I'm guessing he'll slag off your mother and then go and play Champ Manager again.  Trezeguet's the answer, you know?  :kungfu:

'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:37 pm

Does anyone know what sort of lineup we could get from all the kids ( dont win anything with them :;):  )That rafa has signed so far ?

We always read about these youngsters hes snapping up, just wondered if anyone with more time on their hands than me :)  could compile a list of these players just so we can see what the future COULD hold.

Its also hopefully a sign that rafa is planning on staying with us for a long time and building an exciting young team to rival arsenals
destro

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:37 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
A.B. wrote:
aCe' wrote:
A.B. wrote:

dissapointing !

Case closed.

Clearly I know nothing as I don't own Championship Manager.

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:42 pm

A.B. wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Smack me if I sound paranoid BUT has Rafa's refusal to sign me down to the fact that i don't speak spanish ?

I had a similar problem with Houllier , ok I couldn't speak french either but wtf !  :angry:

(many a true word spoken in jest etc etc etc , certainly want LFC to scour the world for talent but at the moment the ability to speak Rafa's language seems to give you a leg up  ???  )

For 1 million plus ?

Signing a player on the cheap means fk all , it's what you do with them that counts .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
A.B. wrote:

For 1 million plus ?

Signing a player on the cheap means fk all , it's what you do with them that counts .

I believe we payed a hefty amount for Scott Carson, or will eventually pay more due to appearance clauses. Not entirely sure about that
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby peterc1992 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:48 pm

can we please sign a high profile player,i never heard of this :censored:
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:51 pm

peterc1992 wrote:can we please sign a high profile player,i never heard of this :censored:

Another cat amongst the pigeons  :oops: good luck !
destro

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:56 pm

A.B. wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
A.B. wrote:

For 1 million plus ?

I believe we payed a hefty amount for Scott Carson, or will eventually pay more due to appearance clauses. Not entirely sure about that

Yeah , AB , we've known each other a long time , surely you should know by now that as far as I'm concerned , what you believe and what you actually know are completely different animals .   

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:59 pm

peterc1992 wrote:can we please sign a high profile player,i never heard of this :censored:

You want Shevchenko? Maybe Crespo? Perhaps David Beckham?

This is not CHAMPIONSHIP or FOOTBALL Manager, FFS.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:03 pm

A.B. wrote:

This is not CHAMPIONSHIP or FOOTBALL Manager, FFS.

It would be nice if it was  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:34 pm

you guys talk a whole lot of sht !

u actually believe in what u say or u just come out and say it so fellow kiss a.sses come and tell you what a great post you put out !

in all seriousness .. some of you guys in this forum just cant realize the fact that we are not the best club in terms of quality and are actually quite a few light years away !

arsenal ARE behind us in the league but fck knows how long it'll take em to get back to that third position.. they deserve it.. we dont .. simple as !

and that champ. manager sht is getting kinda old .. !

quit all ur craap talk and wake up ... we have shiitty players and guess what... only way to improve as a club is to make quite a few quality signings ! sebastian leto my :censored: ! i dont care if -in 10 years- he's world footballer of the year.... i want players who are gonna improve us this season... maybe next max !
dont wanna keep losing 6s and 3s from arsenal at home ...

and iv been saying we need to make quality signing for quite some time now... read my other posts before u craap out ur utter bullsht !

ballack and shevchenko are better players than ALL of our players bar Gerrard and maybe Alonso... gimme a break... they start for the league champions and current title contenders... the fact that they havnt lived up to the expectation means nothing... heres where u sit back and say... lets give him some time... not shtty gonzales who cant control a ball !
u dnt seem to have that thing calld common sense... u and many other fckheads in this forum... u come out and say bullsht and all ur buddies come out and tell u what a great post urs was... go kisss a.sss sumwhere else im here to discuss real life football !

leto i dont know who he is... i just know that he wont start for us anytime soon... and i have a problem with that ! not with the squad we have.. not with the way wer performing at the moment ! we need to sign players to start at certain positions we seem to lack quality at ! thickos !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion