Steven Gerrard thread - Stevie G topics: please post here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simic_ie » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:23 am

Well even if thats true which I don't believe it is for a second, it says if Liverpool decide to make him available which is not likely to happen any time soon
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:37 am

simic_ie wrote:Well even if thats true which I don't believe it is for a second, it says if Liverpool decide to make him available which is not likely to happen any time soon

it just worries me if it is true though
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:16 am

I doubt it's true.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:49 am

Same here, doubt it
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:55 am

Read here

Liverpool chief Rick Parry has denied they have agreed to give Real Madrid first refusal on captain Steven Gerrard.

Real chiefs had hoped to secure a first option on the £30million England ace in the deal which took £6.3m striker Fernando Morientes to Anfield.

But Liverpool chiefs successfully avoided any such condition.

Out of courtesy, the Merseysiders instead have given Real verbal assurance that they will inform them if any other club tempt them with a bid for Gerrard.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm

i was just about to post that
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:38 pm

just found this from gerrard and it looks promising that he will stay from what has been said

Gerrard: Liverpool in title race if not for injuries
tribalfootball.com - January 14, 2005

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard insists only injury has stopped his team from being title challengers this season.

"I think we'd have been a little bit closer," Gerrard said. "I don't think we'd be sitting top of the league, we've got to be realistic that everyone does get injuries, we've suffered some big ones to the big players this season.

"I'm confident that if we had no injuries that, I guess, we'd be five or six points off the top.

"But I think there's a lot of positives to take from this season's performance in the league, we're a lot better all round, and I think there's real signs of improvements as far as the league's concerned from last season, so it's not all doom and gloom but it is disappointing to be so far off the title."
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:42 pm

I watched john barnes' football night on five last night. They had an interview with gerrard and most of what he was saying was mildly encouraging.

What hit home was that if you remember during the summer, Stevie G said he wanted 3 top class players to come into the club. While he may not have got the immediately, Rafa is getting there. Alonso was the 1st top class signing. The lad is a legend already and will become a true Liverpool great.

Morientes is the second. This fella has 3 Champions League medals and 2 league titles. He is great in the air, at holding up the ball, scoring himself and assists. He will also bring a lot of experience to the side if we do get into a championship winning position in the near future.

Cisse may also fall into this category but too earlier to say. Seemed to be having a few problems adapting when he got injured. Have to wait and see.

I'm sure, if the money is made available, there will be other top signings made in the summer as well. And surely Stevie G can see what Rafa is building here.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:45 pm

stmichael wrote:I watched john barnes' football night on five last night. They had an interview with gerrard and most of what he was saying was mildly encouraging.

What hit home was that if you remember during the summer, Stevie G said he wanted 3 top class players to come into the club. While he may not have got the immediately, Rafa is getting there. Alonso was the 1st top class signing. The lad is a legend already and will become a true Liverpool great.

Morientes is the second. This fella has 3 Champions League medals and 2 league titles. He is great in the air, at holding up the ball, scoring himself and assists. He will also bring a lot of experience to the side if we do get into a championship winning position in the near future.

Cisse may also fall into this category but too earlier to say. Seemed to be having a few problems adapting when he got injured. Have to wait and see.

I'm sure, if the money is made available, there will be other top signings made in the summer as well. And surely Stevie G can see what Rafa is building here.

if we sign anelka that could be the third
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:51 pm

According to Teamtalk.com Steven Gerrard is awarded premiership player of the month, after his phenomenal performances through december.

Looking forward to seeing him lead Liverpool towards future victorys, starting with the trashing of manure tomorrow  :)
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:30 pm

Now if only Benitez would be the manager of the month.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:32 pm

A.B. wrote:Now if only Benitez would be the manager of the month.

marin jol won that
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 109-1105722616 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:21 pm

stmichael wrote:
A.B. wrote:Now if only Benitez would be the manager of the month.

marin jol won that

he has done alright at spurs, i reckon benitez will win it in february, ive just got a feeling
109-1105722616

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:15 pm

What about January? You know the month that we're in now?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:21 pm

afa said today hes not finished with the transfers and we will sign more players by the end of te month :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion