Steven Gerrard thread - Stevie G topics: please post here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:11 pm

BOSS: WE WANT TO BUILD TEAM AROUND GERRARD
Paul Eaton 26 January 2005 
  Rafael Benitez last night saluted his super skipper after Steven Gerrard fired Liverpool into the Carling Cup final. 
Gerrard was again the Reds' hero with a second half winner which took the club to its tenth League Cup final - and their third in the last five years.

"He is a key player," said Benitez. "When he plays well the team plays well.

"He is important for us, and it is our idea to have a strong team around him. That is our idea for the future.

"He has some fitness problems but that is not important for now. We need to be careful with him but we want to play Gerrard in every game if possible.

"I have not been surprised by how good he is. I knew before I came here, but it is even better to watch him in training every day."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:28 pm

did anyone see gerrards new footie boots he had on against watford the other night...silver preds..new out!!
pretty impressive and very nice..
any body see them??
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby dxavier » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:55 am

We all know how important he is to the team but the obssession has to stop. I support Liverpool F.C, not Steven Gerrard. If he stays, Benitez can build a fantastic team around him and if he goes, we will recoup between £20 to £30mil which Benitez can use to rebuild the team. Either way, the out look is good. I personally would love to see Gerrard lifting trophies for us in the future, but if he doesn't stay, someone else will be lifting the trophies. McManaman left, Fowler left, Owen left and we are still here. Given time, we would overcome the loss of Gerrard too.
dxavier

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:29 pm

just saw this on RAWK and found it quite funny.

It's a transcript of an aging Steven Gerrard at home having a conversation with his young son...

KID: "Dad, what are those shiny things in the cabinet?"

SG: "They're called Medals, son. I won them playing football."

KID: "Football? You mean that silly old game with the round thingy and the nets!"

SG: "It used to be the biggest game in the world."

KID: "What? Bigger that Zero-Gravity Wiggle Sticks?"

SG: "That game wasn't around then."

KID: "No way! So why doesn't anyone play football today?"

SG: "Oh, it's complicated, I'll explain when you're older."

KID: "My bestest mate, Tommy Johnson said it's because of people like you and that man with a head like a turnip.  The one who married his Gran."

SG: "You mean Wayne Rooney?"

KID: "Yeah that's him! Tommy Johnson said that people decided there was no dignity left and they stopped watching."

SG: "Well, that's one of the reasons."

KID: "Tommy Johnson said you played for the best team!"

SG: "I was the Captain of Liverpool FC, my boyhood club. Then I left because I wanted to win more medals."

KID: "Is that why people throw rocks at you when we visit Gran?"

SG: "Yes son."

KID: "But why does Gran throw rocks at you as well, Dad?"

SG: "Well, she's still upset son."

KID: "Tommy Johnson said you left and then you never won anything because a Spanish man built the best team EVER and you tried to go back but they didn't want you and in the end all the other teams gave up because they were unstoppable!"

SG: "That's about right son."

KID: "Dad."

SG: "Yes son."

KID: "You're an idiot."

:D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:33 pm

I If he goes we would have to move quickly to replace him and use the money wisely. I remember when Souness left, it created a hole in midfield that was difficult to fill. It hurt Liverpool and SG leaving might hurt us in the same way :(
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:59 pm

Boocity wrote:I If he goes we would have to move quickly to replace him and use the money wisely. I remember when Souness left, it created a hole in midfield that was difficult to fill. It hurt Liverpool and SG leaving might hurt us in the same way :(

let him go, if he isnt happy then let him go, lets get the investment and spend it wisely
109-1105722616

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:01 pm

marklfc wrote:
Boocity wrote:I If he goes we would have to move quickly to replace him and use the money wisely. I remember when Souness left, it created a hole in midfield that was difficult to fill. It hurt Liverpool and SG leaving might hurt us in the same way :(

let him go, if he isnt happy then let him go, lets get the investment and spend it wisely

Shut Up Diaponeer
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:02 pm

urmmm.. I thought he was Diaponeer too.. so he is ay ??? ...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:58 pm

:D Anyone see Gerrards face when asked would he go to manure.  He said ya what NO WAY :D .
But didnt deny Real,Arsenal, or chelsea. said he will see at the end of the season, and hasnt seen much improvement yet. :(  Pity he didnt mention our injuries, but Hanson said your playin well, Lineker said he wants you to stay where you are :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:47 pm

Saw that, spot on from Stevie.

He was honest and clearly wants investment in the squad in the summer before he makes a decision in regard to his future.

Lets hope we finish fourth and secure that CL spot or i think he will be off like it or not.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:33 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: :D Anyone see Gerrards face when asked would he go to manure.  He said ya what NO WAY :D .
But didnt deny Real,Arsenal, or chelsea. said he will see at the end of the season, and hasnt seen much improvement yet. :(  Pity he didnt mention our injuries, but Hanson said your playin well, Lineker said he wants you to stay where you are :D

Saw that Lynds.

He was asked if he was flattered that so many big clubs including Real, Chelsea and United were interested in him. He said 'I don't know about United' as if they weren't a big club :laugh:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:43 pm

Lets hope we finish fourth and secure that CL spot or i think he will be off like it or not.

So we should only qualify for CL just to keep Gerrard? We should qualify for CL regardless of whether Gerrard is here or not, this is not Gerrard FC.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:14 pm

fivecups wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote::D Anyone see Gerrards face when asked would he go to manure.  He said ya what NO WAY :D .

Saw that Lynds.

He said 'I don't know about United' as if they weren't a big club :laugh:

:D Anno was great wasnt it see his face as if to say f@ck off :glare: I wont be comin here  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:56 am

im afraid Gerrard brings this on himself instead of saying he is positive he is not leaving then suprise rumours stop, but this constant err.....em....happy for now....err.....i'll look at my future in the summer, for fook sake is he trying
to start a bidding war or something while at the same time driving LFC supporters within an inch of killing each other over him,bloody hell just look at this forum.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:59 am

The tabloids will be all over Gerrard now. They will pick up every word he says and turn it around.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion