STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:41 am

Oh Gerrard, what have you gone and done !

This was a game I expected him to come into and take by storm. He did, just not the way I expected. He was one of the reasons we lost. Not the main one but his actions made it much more difficult for us.

Rodgers should have come out and apologized as well for getting it wrong in the first half.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:48 am

The_Rock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:52 am wrote:All this blaming Gerrard for the loss against the manure team has to stop. Yes his red card made it harder for us. But that does not change the fact that we were utterly $hit in the 1st half. If we had drawn that game, it wouldn't be justice at all.

We were ***** against swansea. We were ***** against southampton. We were ***** against blackburn. The tactics deployed were the cause.

So what if we were shyte against Swansea, Southampton and Blackburn? We were absolutely superb against Chelsea and Arsenal and only came away with 2 draws, that happens, that's football.
Do you think other clubs like Chelsea, City and United don't scrape past teams every now and again? Hell, United have been doing it all season.

Btw Gerrards red card didn't make it harder for us it made it impossible for us, he came on when it was only 1-0, yes we had played awful (particularly in the first 20 minutes) but we have done that a lot recently and finished games strong, all indications were that we were starting to play ourselves back into it but Gerrard went and blew any chance we had.
Let's face it if that would have been Balotelli or Lucas getting sent off you'd be ripping them to f**k.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Impulsive as it no doubt was ,Gerrard's anger should have been directed at the manager by playing out of his proverbial skin ,not the fans ! I mean this is a player
who has played at the highest level achievable for practically his entire career ,so his actions in stamping on Mata were simply not appropriate for a player who
sports the captains armband and on this occasion carried the hopes of the expectant fans gathered inside Anfield.

I totally concur with what Yakka says about the fallout if  Balotelli and Lucas had incurred that red card.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:35 pm wrote:Impulsive as it no doubt was ,Gerrard's anger should have been directed at the manager by playing out of his proverbial skin ,not the fans ! I mean this is a player
who has played at the highest level achievable for practically his entire career ,so his actions in stamping on Mata were simply not appropriate for a player who
sports the captains armband and on this occasion carried the hopes of the expectant fans gathered inside Anfield.

I totally concur with what Yakka says about the fallout if  Balotelli and Lucas had incurred that red card.

It was madness, stupidity, unprofessional and catastrophic for our season. It has hurt our memory of him as he departs which makes me feel inordinately sad.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Whats this story circling around that Gerrards stormed out of Melwood and he's not coming back..

Anyone got any news on the situation?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:00 pm wrote:Whats this story circling around that Gerrards stormed out of Melwood and he's not coming back..

Anyone got any news on the situation?

nothing on social media (yet) where it normally breaks first
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:10 pm

It was posted here http://www.90min.com/posts/2015951-stev ... _aid=35681

Posted on April 1st - april fools day  :rasp
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Oh god lol .. can't believe I fell for that one.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:31 am

Heartbreaking to see his decline, especially when we needed him the most. It looks like he has no passion or belief and his physical capabilities are finally a thing of the past.
Stevie G, the legend, has left the building...
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:43 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:31 am wrote:Heartbreaking to see his decline, especially when we needed him the most. It looks like he has no passion or belief and his physical capabilities are finally a thing of the past.
Stevie G, the legend, has left the building...
:(

Yeah, it's sad to see him going out this way Thommo.

He's given his career to LFC and I bet when looks at some of the under performing dross and prima donna's that now constitute the team he loves he's as heartbroken as we are.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:49 pm

he can thank Bodgers for his very public decline......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:59 pm

Sad end to his career. By all accounts (I missed the match) he was woeful yesterday. However, I think he'll be remembered for the good times more than any, especially that goal against Olympiacos  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:02 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:59 am wrote:Sad end to his career. By all accounts (I missed the match) he was woeful yesterday. However, I think he'll be remembered for the good times more than any, especially that goal against Olympiacos  :nod

Not his fault ,was set to fail by BR.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

only me » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:02 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:59 am wrote:Sad end to his career. By all accounts (I missed the match) he was woeful yesterday. However, I think he'll be remembered for the good times more than any, especially that goal against Olympiacos  :nod

I agree  :blues:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:30 pm

aCe' » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:01 pm wrote:
only me » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:02 pm wrote:

I agree  :blues:

Has been out injured then a 3 match ban and only had about 2 mins of playing time during that absence, to start him yesterday was the most stupid decision.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion