STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:30 pm

I know Stevie really wants to win this FA cup as it's his last chance and its on his birthday etc but it's not fair to whomever he takes the place of
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:45 pm

What wouldn't be fair is that a lad who gave us his all since he was a kid gets cold shouldered till he leaves. He does not deserve that  :no
Another thing is that sideshow joe gave a 20 question interview to the lfc channel and was asked questions like who was the laziest. He said mario. who was the most vain, Jose enrique. worst dressed was also enrique but when asked who was the fittest he said it was close between stevie and sterling.

Personally i hope to see him feature in at least half of our games from here in  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:28 pm

The lads been with us forever so he might be justified in expecting to picked ahead of newcomers. Just an alternate viewpoint, not one I necessarily endorse. You have to pick the best team for the job. His versatility, experience and influence is unique in our squad. He should still feature for the rest of the season in my opinion.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 pm wrote:What wouldn't be fair is that a lad who gave us his all since he was a kid gets cold shouldered till he leaves. He does not deserve that  :no
Another thing is that sideshow joe gave a 20 question interview to the lfc channel and was asked questions like who was the laziest. He said mario. who was the most vain, Jose enrique. worst dressed was also enrique but when asked who was the fittest he said it was close between stevie and sterling.

Personally i hope to see him feature in at least half of our games from here in  :nod

Gerrard is 35 in a couple of months time which is ancient for a CM (especially in a league as quick as the prem). We all know that he's probably the best player ever to play for this club but no matter how good he was you cannot pick players on sentiment, if you start picking players on sentiment instead of ability there's only one way we are heading and it's not up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 pm wrote:What wouldn't be fair is that a lad who gave us his all since he was a kid gets cold shouldered till he leaves. He does not deserve that  :no

Gerrard is 35 in a couple of months time which is ancient for a CM (especially in a league as quick as the prem). We all know that he's probably the best player ever to play for this club but no matter how good he was you cannot pick players on sentiment, if you start picking players on sentiment instead of ability there's only one way we are heading and it's not up.

But as has been said before, used wisely, players like Gerrard can be hugely important to a midfield. Lampard being an obvious example. But look at the likes of Molby, too, who was never the most mobile. Granted, the game has evolved since Molby.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:

We have 10 games left in the league and possibly 3 more in the cup, Would you really think that incorporating gerrard into some of those games will cause the team to calve ? 

You know yourself yakka rodgers has been picking him on sentiment for a while now and a couple of more games isn't going to be a problem. I totally agree he hasn't got the legs to be playing every week as a cm but he isn't washed up either and you can bet your bottom dollar no one will give more in terms of commitment than he would seeing as they are his last few games. Whether he plays 90 minutes or 20 is down to rodgers who has struggled to fit him in. Had he of being phasing gerrard out last season or indeed from the start of this one I wouldn't feel so strongly about it. He didn't though and continued to laud him and play him every week.

To alienate him now is disrespectful seeing as he has started 30 games out of the 33 he has being involved in before his injury. Had he of accepted the scabby contract we offered him then rodgers would play him in as many games next season regardless of his age.

If anyone deserves a swansong then it's him and its shameful that a lot of our fans would deny him that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:52 pm

Stevie and carra picking their teams for the charity match.

[youtube]V=26QNQJ04QJA&t=355[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QNQJ04QJA&t=355
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:46 am

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:26 pm wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1253330#p1253330]
We have 10 games left in the league and possibly 3 more in the cup, Would you really think that incorporating gerrard into some of those games will cause the team to calve ? 

I'm not sure our team have the ability to produce calves  but I do think if BR decides to abandon the formation we have with the players we have been using just to accommodate Gerrard, we will all be having kittens every game ! :D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 pm

supersub » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:46 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:26 pm wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1253330#p1253330]

I'm not sure our team have the ability to produce calves  but I do think if BR decides to abandon the formation we have with the players we have been using just to accommodate Gerrard, we will all be having kittens every game ! :D

:laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:03 pm

He is undoubtably the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt but the end of his career is starting to become littered with high profile mistakes, the slip against Chelsea, flicking the ball on to Suarez in the World Cup and now this.
For someone of his age and experience to get sent off within a minute of going on is ludicrous, especially in season defining game
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:03 pm wrote:He is undoubtably the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt but the end of his career is starting to become littered with high profile mistakes, the slip against Chelsea, flicking the ball on to Suarez in the World Cup and now this.
For someone of his age and experience to get sent off within a minute of going on is ludicrous, especially in season defining game

Spot on, really disappointed with him, can't see him getting much more game time before the end of the season after that.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Boocity » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:30 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:03 pm wrote:He is undoubtably the best player I have ever seen in a red shirt but the end of his career is starting to become littered with high profile mistakes, the slip against Chelsea, flicking the ball on to Suarez in the World Cup and now this.

Spot on, really disappointed with him, can't see him getting much more game time before the end of the season after that.

well 8 games left and banned for 3 of them  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:38 am

He let emotion get in the way of trying to think straight. We all know that he cocked-up. The team needed geeing-up and  if he could have stayed on the pitch, the chances are we may have got back into the game and ran out winners. However that never happened. It was just so stupid of him - of all people.

I just hope now that we can get to Wembley, for the final and that he has a fitting end to his career though I most certainly wouldn't bank on it after that performance today.  ???
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:52 am

All this blaming Gerrard for the loss against the manure team has to stop. Yes his red card made it harder for us. But that does not change the fact that we were utterly $hit in the 1st half. If we had drawn that game, it wouldn't be justice at all.

We were ***** against swansea. We were ***** against southampton. We were ***** against blackburn. The tactics deployed were the cause.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:23 am

We didnt lose because of him. In fact we played better with ten men. His actions are inexcusable and I am absolutely gutted that he will finish his career like this.
I hope he can turn it round and show the world what hes capable of in his last few games
:(
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion