STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alxy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:41 am

leeroy74 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:When Gerrard leaves at the end of this season we have a team of players that have never won anything with LFC. that's a sad sign.

Think positive, we could end up with the FA cup and/or Euro Cup this year... then we have a whole squad of winners  :grinning:
alxy

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 pm

Hate to say this but he is seriously pi'ssing me off.
First his comments after he stated he was leaving, saying if he would have been offered a contract he would have signed it? He was offered one, but told that he wouldnt be playing every game? Hence HIS decision to leave!
Now we have the comments about Balotelli being mischievous and disrespectful. The manager has explained that he is first choice and Balo is second, and if neither is on the pitch then Henderson is nominated. Why didnt he just say that something must have been decided and that he didnt know what had gone on, instead of adding to the drama and potentially causing trouble between his team mates?
Keep your mouth shut Stevie mate, before you put your foot in it!
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Thommo's perm » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:51 pm wrote:Hate to say this but he is seriously pi'ssing me off.
First his comments after he stated he was leaving, saying if he would have been offered a contract he would have signed it? He was offered one, but told that he wouldnt be playing every game? Hence HIS decision to leave!
Now we have the comments about Balotelli being mischievous and disrespectful. The manager has explained that he is first choice and Balo is second, and if neither is on the pitch then Henderson is nominated. Why didnt he just say that something must have been decided and that he didnt know what had gone on, instead of adding to the drama and potentially causing trouble between his team mates?
Keep your mouth shut Stevie mate, before you put your foot in it!
:glare:

Spot on  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Didn't think he helped the situation anyway by making those comments on ITV. He should have just said nothing but as captain probably felt he has a right to seeing as it was disrespectful to hendo. It totally undermined his captaincy and gerrrard would never have let that happen to him. IMO it was sturridge who seemed to have the biggest gripe with it.

Rodgers can come out after the fact and explain it away but it would have been better had he of let the players know before the game the preferred order of takers because if he did we wouldn't have witnessed that farce in the first place. It even puzzles me as to why hendo was even taking that free in the last seconds as it should have been balotelli from that position.

Gerrard's contract has been an area of confusion for many, The media say one thing  :nod  the Club say something else  :nod  and then the player knocks them all for six  :nod  Know one knows who to believe  :no  What we do know is that Fsg aren't offering lucrative contracts to ageing players and in general their motto seems to be "taketh what thou giveth" and be happy about it.
It will all come out sooner or later and going by gerrards recent demeanor it will probably be sooner.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Then he would have been better saying Henderson needs to grow a pair?
My point is that he could have laughed it off and said it was silly but he didnt know what was happening? Instead he made strong comments criticising his team, mates and putting the manager under pressure?
Should know better...
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:52 am

My two penneth is Gerrard is very bitter that he's leaving the club and that the side can actually cope very well without him now, his ego has
been given a knock.

If he wasn't still employed by the club he could talk freely like Carragher but he is still on the books and as such has to be careful what thoughts
he shares in the public arena.

For my money he will last 18 months max of his 4 year deal in LA and will be back in Liverpool before he's unpacked all his stuff.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:07 am

Gerrard is already behaving like an ex-player taking up punditry for a living
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 pm

After the run of recent performances and how well the team has gelled together WITHOUT Steven Gerrard, coupled with the fact he's already got one foot on that plane to the good old US of A, if I was Brendan I'd give him a start against Stoke on the last game of the season (at Anfield) just so he can come off after 70 mins to a standing ovation and that's it.

We're a good team without him in it. sad but fact.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:47 pm

It would be madness to bring him back in at CM but maybe an option for the RCB option if we want to move Can into midfield at any point.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:10 am

Good article weighing up the pro's and con's.

Are Liverpool better off without Steven Gerrard?
Brendan Rodgers is facing a dilemma over whether to recall his captain for the FA Cup match against Blackburn on Sunday and the statistics show they have been thriving in his absence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... rrard.html
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Cheers Reg, Good article.

Ultimately its down to rodgers whether he puts him back in or not. Personally I don't think he should but I also don't think he should be frozen out either. The problem for me has never being the fact that stevie plays but more the amount of time he did.  I don't see why he could not start the odd home game before being replaced and making a few cameo's from the bench as well without it being detrimental to the teams results.

Its sad really though. This is a lad who gave us his life and he could end up being made a scapegoat if we fail to make top 4  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Gerrard should play, but higher up the pitch. Not as a DM, but as an attacking player, because he's still one of the best crossers in the league.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:23 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:Gerrard should play, but higher up the pitch. Not as a DM, but as an attacking player, because he's still one of the best crossers in the league.

instead of who?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:36 am

only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:23 pm wrote:Gerrard should play, but higher up the pitch. Not as a DM, but as an attacking player, because he's still one of the best crossers in the league.

instead of who?

Would have been a good sub for Lallana against Blackburn
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:34 am

Boocity » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:36 am wrote:
only me » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 pm wrote:

instead of who?

Would have been a good sub for Lallana against Blackburn

As a Sub no doubt ,but as a starter who would he replace?
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion