striker wrote: :angry:

whats your problem newbie??  ???
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:43 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Well that might explain why his performance was not upto it.

???

i thought gerrard had a half decent game last night. certainly the best he's played against chelsea this season. too many fans expect him to set the world on fire every game and it just isn't gonna happen, especially when our backs are against the wall.

The big problem with/for Stevie is that following his single handed dragging of this club into the Chapmions League place last season, and the constant dependence on him, he feels that he must do everything, and tries too hard.

Now the same thing is happening with the fans, if Stevie does not win three penalties, score a last minutes winner and throw fifty two bone crunching tackles in during a game everyone thinks he has had a bad game.

Truth is our team has developed that much under Rafa that Stevie is no longer the catalyst for everything good, but simply one of the 11 well oiled cogs of the red machine.

If he leaves it will be a major blow, but if he stays, he can, along with Carra, Alonso, Garcia, Morientes, Finnan and Riise form the back bone of what will without doubt become a formidable force in English and (indeed) European football.

Viva La Rafalution.

I see what your saying Leon.

But I think he had a bad game yesterday. I didnt have to do anything special. The propbeml with Gerrard is that he isn't doing the simple things right. Last night he gave the ball away too often. Compare him to Biscan how hardly lost the ball.

Thats the point i was trying to make, his basic short passing was poor, its like the concentration is not there....i know it was a massive game and as captain the pressure is on him even more. But he needs to get his focus right...i dont slag Gerrard off and have defended him although he still hasnt put any rumours of leaving totally to bed. I would say the same thing if it was Carragher who was making basic mistakes. If we keep giving away posession like he did (and Alonso to an extent)in the 2nd leg we will be in danger on the counter attack.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:59 am

We would not be here at all if Stevie had not scored THAT goal against Olympiakos, a goal only he could have scored.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:02 am

also from what i read this morning it seems stevie is well up for the game at anfield, talking about the anfield crowd, showing proepr pride (as well all players should, but nice to hear) about pulling the red shirt on.
after he sees how we are on tueasday i cant see how the guy can leave, or if hed want to.

i dont get the stevie slating. im bored of all the transfer talk as much as anyone but to say he hasnt been playing well is just dumb and not needed
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:48 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:We would not be here at all if Stevie had not scored THAT goal against Olympiakos, a goal only he could have scored.

ive scored many goals like that on sunday league

:D   :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:50 am

It was good when i picked up the paper today and heard a rally cry from Gerrard, i hope he doesnt leave and i dont like to criticise him...he's done wonders for the club the last few years.
We are still in the tournament due to his goal against Olympiakos but to say his form hasnt been poor the last month or so is dumb (to use your words)
I hope he produces the performance we all know he can on tue, and by the way he's talking today he will be up for it.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:41 pm

Intresting:

Chelsea: Gerrard, you're just not worth it
EXCLUSIVE by IAN McGARRY, Daily Mail

07:33am 29th April 2005

Snubbed: Mourinho believes the bulk of spending must go on a goalscorer and refurbishing the defence

Chelsea have dramatically dropped their interest in Steven Gerrard after manager Jose Mourinho decided the Liverpool midfielder would not be value for money.
Sportsmail can reveal that Mourinho told Chelsea at a top-level meeting on Tuesday that he had "other priorities" and felt that the £30million fee which had been virtually agreed with Liverpool for Gerrard was too much.

Mourinho commissioned a statistical report on Gerrard's performances over the past three seasons, including appearances, goals, assists, pass completion and possession won.

It was decided that the fee plus wages of around £5.5m a season would be better spent elsewhere.
Chelsea have instead turned their attention to 21-year-old Argentina international Javier Mascherano, who they believe they can secure from River Plate for around £8m.

Mourinho is finalising his spending plans and, having come within 24 hours of securing the Liverpool captain last season, the same deal has now been withdrawn.

That will surprise the domestic football world, where it was thought to be only a matter of time before Gerrard pulled on a blue shirt. A leading Premiership manager recently told reporters that it was "a done deal", while Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry admitted the club would be powerless to prevent the England midfielder walking away from Anfield.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:16 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Intresting:

Snubbed: Mourinho believes the bulk of spending must go on a goalscorer and refurbishing the defence

Chelsea have dramatically dropped their interest in Steven Gerrard after manager Jose Mourinho decided the Liverpool midfielder would not be value for money.
Sportsmail can reveal that Mourinho told Chelsea at a top-level meeting on Tuesday that he had "other priorities" and felt that the £30million fee which had been virtually agreed with Liverpool for Gerrard was too much.

Mourinho commissioned a statistical report on Gerrard's performances over the past three seasons, including appearances, goals, assists, pass completion and possession won.

It was decided that the fee plus wages of around £5.5m a season would be better spent elsewhere.
Chelsea have instead turned their attention to 21-year-old Argentina international Javier Mascherano, who they believe they can secure from River Plate for around £8m.

Mourinho is finalising his spending plans and, having come within 24 hours of securing the Liverpool captain last season, the same deal has now been withdrawn.

That will surprise the domestic football world, where it was thought to be only a matter of time before Gerrard pulled on a blue shirt. A leading Premiership manager recently told reporters that it was "a done deal", while Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry admitted the club would be powerless to prevent the England midfielder walking away from Anfield.

that's one of the things that baffles me. i was sat with a chelsea fan watching the game the other night. we both came to the consensus that as great as gerrard is, we couldn't see how he would fit into the system that chelsea play. gerrard and lampard have already shown at international level that they don't play well together because they both have the same attacking instincts.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:22 pm

funny how mourinho says that... i sayu its coz gerrard wouldnt go there. and saying stevie wouldnt fit in? u saying he wouldnt keep tiago off the bench? ???

i heard mourinho is going for xavi frmo barca now anyways. but this all is said after gerrard puts up a fight liverpool.
cheatski indeed
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:29 pm

dawson99 wrote:and saying stevie wouldnt fit in? u saying he wouldnt keep tiago off the bench? ???

no, i'm saying he'll inevitably relegate joe cole to the bench, which is harsh, considering how well he's been playing recently.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:48 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Intresting:

If thats true whether its Stevie's decison or not i will be made up.
I might of criticised his recent performances but if he hasnt got all this leaving the club hanging over his head his form would soon be back.
Lets hope he's wearin a red shirt next season...an not the red scums one !!

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:55 pm

We would not be here at all if Stevie had not scored THAT goal against Olympiakos, a goal only he could have scored

I'm sorry but Liverpool didn't score just one  goal, there were two others. So to say that because Stevie scored that goal is the reason we are here is bullshi1t, Pongolle and Mellor scored the goals in that game and whose to say that somebody else wouldn't had scored the third goal had not Gerrard scored?

All of our players have busted their balls to get where we are now.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon May 02, 2005 1:05 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:We would not be here at all if Stevie had not scored THAT goal against Olympiakos, a goal only he could have scored.

ive scored many goals like that on sunday league

:D   :laugh:

:D  :D

great joke
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite » Mon May 02, 2005 3:30 pm

Great goal against boro
YES 100th post :D
kopite

Postby Red Indian » Mon May 02, 2005 3:59 pm

******, the whole team had a good second half against Olympiacos, they upped the pace and with or without Gerrard we would have won.
Red Indian

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion