STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Sun May 03, 2015 11:16 am

Thommo's perm » Sun May 03, 2015 7:28 am wrote:P'iss poor penalty but just about redeemed himself with the goal.

He scored the winner, I think that will do!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 03, 2015 5:30 pm

It will have to do!
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun May 03, 2015 8:28 am wrote:P'iss poor penalty but just about redeemed himself with the goal.

Thought that was a decent hit pen myself. Not what we expect from stevie but green read it well and made a good save.
It was great to see him on the scoresheet anyway with the winner and probably his last in front of the kop.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 6:50 pm

On the plus side at least allen can step up now  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 04, 2015 4:48 pm

red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 5:50 pm wrote:

On the plus side at least allen can step up now  :eyebrow

My nana could take the ball of Allen
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 09, 2015 2:37 pm

I've been weighing up our options for a while now ,and the perfect candidate to step into Gerrards formidable boots is Antonio Candreva from Lazio ,I've thought about
this for a while now ,and  he seems to have fallen of the radar of the big clubs ,but for me he's the perfect replacement ,a brilliant football brain ,exceptional passer
of the ball, and provides his share of goals from midfield.  I've seen him play for Lazio as an attacking midfielder ,a DM and a winger and he's looked adept at all the
roles he's been deployed in.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 09, 2015 1:37 pm wrote:I've been weighing up our options for a while now ,and the perfect candidate to step into Gerrards formidable boots is Antonio Candreva from Lazio ,I've thought about
this for a while now ,and  he seems to have fallen of the radar of the big clubs ,but for me he's the perfect replacement ,a brilliant football brain ,exceptional passer
of the ball, and provides his share of goals from midfield.  I've seen him play for Lazio as an attacking midfielder ,a DM and a winger and he's looked adept at all the
roles he's been deployed in.

+1
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Penguins » Sun May 10, 2015 7:20 pm

28 years old?
In what universe?  :laugh:
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Mon May 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Gerrard could be a very useful voice of the fans once he has left the club and put pressure on FSG.

Whilst his departure as a player is seen as a negative the positive is he is now free to comment on the club from a
positions of knowing how its wheels turn within.

I hope he uses the opportunity and given he has become more open in the last 6 months I am confident he will share
his thoughts with fans.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 11, 2015 1:16 pm

parchpea » Mon May 11, 2015 11:39 am wrote:Gerrard could be a very useful voice of the fans once he has left the club and put pressure on FSG.

Whilst his departure as a player is seen as a negative the positive is he is now free to comment on the club from a
positions of knowing how its wheels turn within.

I hope he uses the opportunity and given he has become more open in the last 6 months I am confident he will share
his thoughts with fans.

:nod

He did mention in the Chelsea post match interview that he hopes the owners will dig deep to provide the club with the funds it needs.

Appreciate his comment BUT given what BR and his committee have done with a previous substantial pot of cash I'd be more concerned about how any money available is actually spent , as I'm sure (if they have any sense) wil be FSG.   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 11, 2015 3:09 pm

He should have never brought him off in that game yesterday  :no  Like gerrard said himself that the only thing that mattered was the ovation he got from the  liverpool fans   :bowdown

It was just more tosh from the bodge
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 11, 2015 8:09 pm

The game had turned into a basketball game with the action going from end to end (which didn't suit Gerrard at all) so I don't blame Rodgers for taking him off.
Good to see Gerrard on the score sheet again from open play though, yes he's a shadow of the player he once was but who isn't at 35?
It has been a privilege to watch him play, I saw the likes of Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Barnes etc, he's been better than them all imo
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Mon May 11, 2015 9:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 11, 2015 7:09 pm wrote:The game had turned into a basketball game with the action going from end to end (which didn't suit Gerrard at all) so I don't blame Rodgers for taking him off.
Good to see Gerrard on the score sheet again from open play though, yes he's a shadow of the player he once was but who isn't at 35?
It has been a privilege to watch him play, I saw the likes of Keegan, Dalglish, Souness, Barnes etc, he's been better than them all imo

Don't really remember Kenny in his prime but Stevie's the best player I've seen in a red shirt.

I'm sure he'll get the mother of all ovations at the weekend.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Kenny, Gerrard and Robbie will be forever known as legends for this club. Its not always about league titles and honours, its about loyalty and fighting for the shirt.
Stevie will get the ovation he deserves for giving us some of the greatest moments in football.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Tue May 12, 2015 5:11 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 pm wrote:Kenny, Gerrard and Robbie will be forever known as legends for this club. Its not always about league titles and honours, its about loyalty and fighting for the shirt.
Stevie will get the ovation he deserves for giving us some of the greatest moments in football.

Feckin' right!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion