STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 12, 2015 10:58 pm

As Liverpool Football Fans we have been more than privileged to see some truly World Class player donning the Liver Bird.........

Dalglish,  Rush, Barnes, Souness of old.

Liddell, St.John, Hunt older still.

In the modern era Fowler, Alonso, Owen, Torres and the mercurial Luis Suarez ........

However ONE player trumps them all for his longevity, leadership and sheer tour de force.

His name is Steven Gerrard and gentlemen we never see his like again. .......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue May 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Dalglish » Tue May 12, 2015 9:58 pm wrote:As Liverpool Football Fans we have been more than privileged to see some truly World Class player donning the Liver Bird.........

Dalglish,  Rush, Barnes, Souness of old.

Liddell, St.John, Hunt older still.

In the modern era Fowler, Alonso, Owen, Torres and the mercurial Luis Suarez ........

However ONE player trumps them all for his longevity, leadership and sheer tour de force.

His name is Steven Gerrard and gentlemen we never see his like again. .......

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

Emotional times Mate!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Indeed they were and Saturday will be no less emotional. .......

I'll be there in Block 109 on the KOP as I was when this scrawny tall kid made his debut nearly 700 games ago ........

I'm filling up already !!! Lol
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed May 13, 2015 12:26 am

Gerrard has been one of the best players I have ever seen play the game and I would not have swapped him for ANY other player on the planet when he was at his peak around 10 or 9 years ago.

He carried us all the way to the famous CL win in 2005 and single-handedly got us over the line in the famous FA Cup against West Ham.

What a player, what a legend!!

Sadly, as in life everything comes to an end.

One last time to see him off at Anfield.

It truly is the end of era and the start of another when he leaves in 2 games time.  :down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:09 am

Is it true that tickets for the Palace game will cost more than £1,300? Even if that's the most expensive ticket it's still pretty f*cking expensive. Please tell me that regular fans will get the regular price?

I've never visited Anfield and it's possible that I never will, but this is really bothering me, the average fans are the ones that matter for farewell games like this one (or for any game for that matter) but the average fan can't afford this kind of money for a single game!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 13, 2015 7:46 am

What hurts so much is when it appears players 'aren't trying'. I don't understand it and never will.

In those games, Stevie won us the game by himself, he rose above the malaise with a 'well if you can't, I will'.

One game he won by himself was Liverpool FC Vs Marseille away from home in Group D, First Round UEFA Champions League 2008/2009 when we looked like an early exit until Stevie decided otherwise. If your memory fails, you'll find it on youtube I'm sure.

The mark of a champ.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 13, 2015 10:03 am

damjan193 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:09 am wrote:Is it true that tickets for the Palace game will cost more than £1,300? Even if that's the most expensive ticket it's still pretty f*cking expensive. Please tell me that regular fans will get the regular price?

I've never visited Anfield and it's possible that I never will, but this is really bothering me, the average fans are the ones that matter for farewell games like this one (or for any game for that matter) but the average fan can't afford this kind of money for a single game!

Its not the club who are charging that damjan  :no Its touts and any fan who wants to make a few quid by selling their own ticket.

Fair enough you were never in anfield but don't give up. The last time I was over it was to see us play city, Match ticket £45(in the kop as well) ryan air flight return for €100 and a night in a premier inn for £29. in total it was about 190 euro. Throw in another 100 quid spending money and you will have a great time. The atmosphere, the people and the city is well worth experiencing  :nod
stick it on your bucket list mate.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed May 13, 2015 6:17 pm

What an image that is.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Image Image
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Despite his obvious decline in form last couple of years he will always be my favourite player. Great players get old and Stevie is no different, will never however forget him at his peak. Could have won alot more but chose to stay at the club he loved. He is a legend!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed May 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Luis Suarez for me was the most talented player I have ever seen in a red shirt.

But Gerrard is the BEST player I've seen.

Pulled off so many individual performances over his career, phenomenal player.

End of an era
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu May 14, 2015 7:26 am

I won't disrespect the legend by going on about BR but I can't help but feel under a different manager Gerrard would still have a lot to offer. I'd say he's still our best all-round player, a living legend who should still be at his home club. He will be missed. Maybe the last of the footballers from an almost bygone age.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby LFC1990 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:30 am

As i have mentioned many times the atmosphere at Anfield is so poor nowadays and Saturday,Gerrards last game at Anfield we will play against the team with loudest fans in the country so please if anyone is going to Anfield for the game Shut them up and give Gerrard the Atmosphere he deserves for NINETY minutes

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 14, 2015 7:50 am

RedAnt » Thu May 14, 2015 6:26 am wrote:I won't disrespect the legend by going on about BR but I can't help but feel under a different manager Gerrard would still have a lot to offer. I'd say he's still our best all-round player, a living legend who should still be at his home club. He will be missed. Maybe the last of the footballers from an almost bygone age.

Not sure about that. He has had many injuries over the course of his career and that has nothing to do with the current manager. 35 is old for a defender but a box to box midfielder is asking a lot. He cannot play at that high level anymore and him leaving is a necessity for the team to move forward, as sad as it is. This situation was always going to happen. Now we just need a long them replacement.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:58 am

If Gerrar had played as a box to box midfielder then i would give yo uthat however he hasnt

At the start of the season he was used as a DM and played *****

He was moved to an Attacking midfilder and played fantastic

So naturally when he recovered from his injury he went back to a DM

Lampard, Pirlo, Xavi,Alonso,  are all round the same age as Gerrard 2 of them will be playing in the CL final andone of the other played in the semis

Manage your players well and you will get the best out of them

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion