Steven Gerrard thread - Stevie G topics: please post here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alanay » Tue May 03, 2005 6:23 am

He's an important factor to Liverpool. But if he decided to go... what else can we do.....
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed May 04, 2005 6:32 am

I think SG will stay next season......
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roey316 » Wed May 04, 2005 3:39 pm

From the BBC website:
Steven Gerrard has indicated that he sees his future at Liverpool.
The Reds captain has been repeatedly linked with a move to Chelsea, who were beaten by Liverpool in the Champions League semi-finals on Tuesday.

But Gerrard told the Liverpool Echo: "After the Champions League final I'll be sitting down with Rick Parry and the gaffer and discussing the future.

"Obviously a result like this helps everyone at the club and we'll have a lot of positive things to talk about."

Earlier in the season, Gerrard publicly doubted whether Liverpool could win the Champions League.

But on Wednesday, he maintained: "I've said all along all I wanted was to see the club going in the right direction and this shows we are."

Gerrard was the last Liverpool player to leave the pitch after the triumph over Chelsea, and he later paid tribute to the club's fans.

"The ground was shaking 50 minutes before the game during the warm-up. I have never known anything like it," he told Liverpool's website.

"At the end I felt like jumping in and celebrating with the fans.

"They are the best in the country by miles and I just hope they enjoy the final as much."
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby greenred » Wed May 04, 2005 7:15 pm

plastic scouser wrote:all change now a final's in sight...how loyal...how heroic...how pathetic ! ZZZzzzzz? ??? never plays in big games...or against the likes of Crystal Palace even - went missing again last night...probably put in his own net in Ataturk...that's Ataturk...not Athhhaaturccchh lads !

Cretin.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby plastic scouser » Wed May 04, 2005 7:23 pm

good to see some real heroes in the piccy though
Last edited by supersub on Wed May 04, 2005 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plastic scouser

Postby bigmick » Wed May 04, 2005 7:54 pm

plastic scouser wrote:and you sir are a complete and utter cvnt ! good to see some real heroes in the piccy though -shame thats all you rely on - the past..make the most of the the next 3 weeks & be sure to get some photo's of the trophy when Maldini lifts it...'cause that's the nearest you're gonna get for some time to come..all the best.

Far from living in the past PS, we are living in the present. God knows we haven't had much to cheer about this season, it looked like it was over for us a couple of months ago. I've read your posts and feel you're missing the point a bit. All the people on here (I think) are well aware this team is not as good as our best teams, we're not in fifth in the League by accident. We have been good in the Champions League however. I don't know who you support but if it's Chelsea then you can have no complaints, one shot on target over two legs is not a performance that warrants a final berth. If it's Man U or Arsenal I can understand your frustration in the fact that you have had a good team for a number of years and haven't got this far. Footballs like that sometimes.
As for the final, obviously we've got no chance. Just like we had no chance against Juve and against Chelsea.
Whatever happens now the lads have done us proud. Rafa, with a fairly ordinary bunch of players who are mostly injured anyway has been inspirational. You know the worst thing, and I suspect this is what kills you the most? We're going to win the thing. Incredible really, we're about to play the best team in Europe and we are going to win. Sometimes things have an air of inevitability about them. We both know it don't we mate?  :nod
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 04, 2005 8:27 pm

Top post BigMick, and this Plastic Manc is toast, I've reported him.
jonnymac1979

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 04, 2005 9:22 pm

Good lad bigmick. Well said sunshine.:)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed May 04, 2005 9:37 pm

Great post big mick nd omg just as im writing this MILAN HAVE SCORED with a min to go......anyway spot on omg i dont beleive this PSV have scored now too!! they need one more with about 2mins stoppage time....crazy!!  anywayz sori bigmick i was saying spot on mate, especially with your views on why chelsea,arsenal or manure will be so.....well lets just say NOT HAPPY...LOL!! :p

THERE WE GO ITS MILAN IN THE FINAL>>>>>>>>>we can do it, C'mon the reds
76-1115222408

Postby plastic scouser » Wed May 04, 2005 9:45 pm

This loser's post has been deleted. :D
Last edited by supersub on Wed May 04, 2005 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plastic scouser

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:30 pm

plastic scouser wrote:This loser's post has been deleted. :D

Is right Supersub.  :buttrock  :buttrock   :bowdown  :bowdown
jonnymac1979

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:00 am

I thought  Stevie was below par in the Anfield showdown on wednesday, as he looked nervous and wasnt on the ball much, and didnt do any surging runs.

I personally would play Riise, Alonso, Hamann/Biscan and Garcia in the final.

I just think we would be more effective.
65-1114725958

Postby bigmick » Thu May 05, 2005 7:30 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:I thought  Stevie was below par in the Anfield showdown on wednesday, as he looked nervous and wasnt on the ball much, and didnt do any surging runs.

I personally would play Riise, Alonso, Hamann/Biscan and Garcia in the final.

I just think we would be more effective.

So you'd go into the Champions League final against AC Milan and decide to drop Gerrard to the bench?  :D
I was only saying the other day that we should drop Carragher aswell. I don't know about you but he has that " couldn't care less attitude" for me. I'd play Garcia, but I'd have strong words with him beforehand. The last thing we want is a player getting sent off which is more than possible the way he goes careering into tackles. I think he's been watching too many Souness videos.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu May 05, 2005 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu May 05, 2005 7:32 am

i'd say its actually the ideal time to try out garcia in goal.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu May 05, 2005 7:53 am

andy_g wrote:i'd say its actually the ideal time to try out garcia in goal.

Well it's a fair one Andy. It was always only a matter of time before the diminutive Spaniards agility and reflexes were properly put to the test. Apparantly, his nickname in the dressing room is El Panther.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion