Resurrected Player Ratings, last match.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:45 pm

MINGOLET - 5 thought he could have done a bit better with their first, it went right over his head
CLYNE - 4 West Ham targeted our fullbacks as a potential weakness in the air, they were right
LOVREN - 7 probably our best player on the day
SAKHO - 6 did okay
MORENO - 4 laying on the floor having a doss while they scored their first just about sums up his performance
CAN - 5 sloppy in possession but at least he looks genuinely @rsed
LUCAS - 4 looked slow and off the pace
FIRMINO - 4 could prove to be a worse buy than Carroll, at least Carroll tried his guts out
COUTINHO - 4 reminds me of last year when he had Lambert ahead of him, when there's no movement up front he's reduced to speculative long shots
IBE - 5 started quite brightly but faded as game wore on
BENTEKE - 4 square peg in a round hole

That game was the first time West Ham have beaten us home and away in over half a century, over the last 12 months this squad of players have turned into a right group of record breakers, for all the wrong reasons.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:22 pm

MINGOLET - 6 Stopped West Ham from running up a veritable cricket score 
CLYNE - 5  A complete aerial mismatch for Carroll and the other dude who outleaped him. 
LOVREN - 7 Possibly the only player whose form is improving with each game. 
SAKHO - 5 OK 
MORENO - 5 We only seem to get the ball in the box when he breaks forward ,that in itself speaks volumes . 
CAN - 4  Left Lucas to protect the back four whilst he broke forward
LUCAS - 5 His game was off today ,but he's the only player willing to tackle. 
FIRMINO - 4 He looks awful when he plays with Benteke ,and is guilty of letting his head drop ,I think he should play as a striker were there's no room to hide 
COUTINHO - 4 Similar to Firmino ,his head has dropped with the lack of quality surrounding him.
IBE - 4 For a young kid he really needs to grab this opportunity with the zeal it requires ,Klopp has virtually given him free licence to attack and at times he dithers like a pensioner.
BENTEKE - 1 People apparently highlighted Balotelis positional sense and awareness around the box ,but fuck me I would swap him for this thick twat  any day of the week.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:59 pm

West Ham vs. Liverpool player's average (by 6 voters):

Mignolet – 5.3

Clyne – 4.5
Lovren – 6.5
Sakho – 5.5
Moreno – 4.8

Lucas - 4
Can – 4.3

Ibe – 4.5
Coutinho – 3.7
Firmino – 2.7

Benteke – 2.2

Subs (by 3 voters):

Lallana - 5
Smith – 5.8
Allen - 5

Newkit man of the match: Dejan Lovren
Newkit flop of the match: Christian Benteke
Last edited by damjan193 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Newkit player of the month DECEMBER

Games:

Southampton (A)
Newcastle (A)
Sion (A)
WBA (H)
Watford (A)
Leicester (H)
Sunderland (A)

Candidate:                        Rating:                   Games played:

Dejan Lovren                         7.2                         6
Alberto Moreno                      6.1                         6
Emre Can                               5.9                         6
Jordan Henderson                  6.8                         5 (started 4)
Divock Origi                           6.1                         6 (started 3)

And the winner is..........    DEJAN LOVREN – Maybe the only positive we can get from this month is that this guy is finally finding his form. Never thought I’d say this but well done Dejan.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Great work as usual Damjan but shouldn't Benteke be the flop of the match versus West Ham? He got an average score of 2.2 compared to Firmino's 2.7!
Good to see Lovren coming top of the player of the month averages too, can't say I've been his biggest fan but credit where it's due he's played really well recently.
As I said mate great work  :bowdown
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 am wrote:Great work as usual Damjan but shouldn't Benteke be the flop of the match versus West Ham? He got an average score of 2.2 compared to Firmino's 2.7!
Good to see Lovren coming top of the player of the month averages too, can't say I've been his biggest fan but credit where it's due he's played really well recently.

Thanks again mate. And yes, you're right about the flop against West Ham, don't know how I missed that. Thanks for noticing :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:33 am

damjan193 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:42 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 am wrote:Great work as usual Damjan but shouldn't Benteke be the flop of the match versus West Ham? He got an average score of 2.2 compared to Firmino's 2.7!

Thanks again mate. And yes, you're right about the flop against West Ham, don't know how I missed that. Thanks for noticing :)

Whenever I get ten minutes to myself I like to sit down with a cup of tea and a plate of toast and have a good look at this thread mate, wether it's reading about recent matches or ones from a few seasons ago it's always fascinating reading.
Your hard work has made this thread even more enjoyable so thanks again mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:25 am

STOKE V LIVERPOOL

MINGOLET - 8 one of his more assured performances I thought, didn't look as panicky
CLYNE - 7 played well
LOVREN - 7 never thought I'd say this but I think we are going to miss this fella, tried his hardest to play on through the pain too, as a CB his best years are still ahead of him so he may yet prove to be a top signing.
TOURE - 8 feared the worst when I saw his name on the team sheet but he was magnificent
MORENO - 7 did well
LUCAS - 8 outstanding
ALLEN - 8 thought he had a terrific game
CAN - 7 another fine performer on the night
LALLANA - 7 worked hard
COUTINHO - 8 was looking much more like his old self until he had to go off
FIRMINO - 7 linked the play up well
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:22 am

MINGOLET - 8 Some great stops from the lad
CLYNE - 7 Very good defensively
LOVREN - 8 Quality before he was withdrawn ,I think he's going to prove a lot of fans wrong as he's comfortably now our best CB 
TOURE - 8 Some remarkable blocks ,did really well
MORENO - 7 Straight out of the blocks yesterday
LUCAS - 9 Controlled the game from midfield ,and then marshalled the back four....... CAPTAIN   
ALLEN - 9 Great game ,looked and performed like when we first bought him. 
CAN - 8 Powerhouse ,looked immense. 
LALLANA - 6 Struggled with the speed of Coutinho's and Firminos invention ,looked slightly off the pace. 
COUTINHO - 8 His link up play with Firmino was the highlight of the night for me 
FIRMINO - 8 Best performance since the Chelsea /Man City games his speed of thought to produce that back heel for Coutinho was lightening quick.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:58 am

Mignolet - 7 -
Clyne - 7 -
Toure - 8.5 - Man of the match for me
Lovren - 7 -
Moreno - 6 -
Can - 8 -
Allen - 7.5 -
Coutinho - 6 -
Lallana - 5.5 -
Firmino - 6 -

Subs...

Milner - 5.5 -
Benteke - 5 -
Ibe - 7 -
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Thank you for the kind words yakka, really heartwarming reading that.

Mignolet - 7 - had a couple of good saves
Clyne - 7 - both fullbacks did well defensively
Toure - 8 - outstanding performance really
Lovren - 7 - was one of the better players before he got injured. He'll be missed but I'm sure he'll be back after a game or two
Moreno - 7 - see Clyne
Lucas - 8 - was OK in midfield but exceptional as CB, great game and a real Captain performance
Allen - 7.5 - hardly put a foot wrong, great game
Can - 7
Lallana - 7 - OK game and good run for the goal
Coutinho - 6 - good link-up play but hardly any end product
Firmino - 6 - same as Coutinho

Subs:
Ibe - 7 - good goal
Milner - 5 - pretty much useless as usual
Benteke - 6 - didn't get too much time to do anything really
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:55 am

Stoke vs. Liverpool player's average (by 4 voters):

Mignolet – 7.5

Clyne – 7
Toure - 8.1
Lovren - 7.2
Moreno – 6.7

Lucas - 8.3
Allen - 8
Can – 7.5

Lallana - 6.4
Coutinho – 7

Firmino – 6.7

Subs (by 2 voters):

Ibe - 7
Milner – 5.2
Benteke - 5.5

Newkit man of the match: Lucas Leiva
Newkit flop of the match: James Milner
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:50 am

FA CUP -EXETER V'S LIVERPOOL   8th January 2016

Exeter 2 - 2 Liverpool
T. Nichols9 + L. Holmes45+1  J. Sinclair12 Brad Smith73

Taken from the Telegraph:  Klopp said he's proud of them, but how did the eight youngsters he threw on against Exeter fare?

Ryan Kent - Impressive, and demonstrated why Klopp saw fit to recall him from Coventry. Attacked his marker throughout, although was occasionally guilty of overplaying. 7
Jerome Sinclair - Struggled to assert himself and failed to link-up with Benteke, his strike-partner. But took his goal very well, calmly slotting home under pressure. 6
Brad Smith - Too often passed by Lee Holmes down the left flank. And yet he was Liverpool's greatest attacking threat, and his instinctive finish for Liverpool's second was superb. 7
Tiago Ilori - Desperately poor. The only thing he has appeared to learn from his Villa loan is to play with his socks rolled down, Grealish style. No appetite for the fight. A liability. 4
Joao Teixeira - A classy performance, with a first-time pass from midfield directly into the path of Kent particularly impressing. Very creative, and encouragingly industrious. 7
Cameron Brannagan - Made a good start - and recycled possession effectively throughout - but his passing became increasingly more erratic in the second half as he tired. 6
Connor Randall - Underwhelming. Lacked the offensive threat of Smith, twice spurning good chances going forward. Struggled with Exeter's direct running down the flanks. 6
Kevin Stewart - Considering his lengthy injury lay-off, a heartening performance. Teamed up with Brannagan well and peppered the Exeter goal-mouth with a number of dangerous shots. 6
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:57 am

Bogdan - 5 - Bad mistake for the 2nd goal
Enrique - 5 - positional play was awful all game. Starting position for the first goal should have been inside the forward.
Ilori - 6 - steady
Randall - 5.5 - generally steady but got exposed a few times and didn't offer much going forward.
Smith - 7 - offered good energy and width and did well to react for the goal.
Stewart - 6 - steady cover of the back 4 but thought he could have got on the ball a bit more.
Brannagan - 7 - good energy and kept the ball moving well and a couple of good passes.
Teixeira - 6.5 - good first half but faded. Playing with more inexperienced players this was his opportunity to dominate but he didn't.
Kent - 5.5 - More style than substance is what Coventry fans have been saying and this performance agrees. A lot of raw ability but not mature enough for senior football.
Sinclair - 6 - Took his goal well and did OK but didn't get involved enough. He's a box player.
Benteke - 5 - Should really be dominating in a game like that. Didn't offer much threat.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:01 am

BOGDAN - 4 two games two clangers says it all
RANDALL - 5 did okay
ENRIQUE - 5 considering he was playing in an unfamiliar position and had barely kicked a ball in 12 months he did okay
ILORRI - 6 calm on the ball but a bit rusty which is to be expected after hardly playing for so long, noticably ran out of steam around the hour mark and could barely walk off the pitch in the end
SMITH - 7 some iffy moments but showed tons of character and scored the vital equaliser which gives us a second bite at the cherry at Anfield in 10 days time
STEWART - 7 thought him and Brannigan were a bit overwhelmed in the middle of the park but to be fair to the lad he ran himself into the ground, he gave everything he had, Trojan effort.
BRANNIGAN  - 6 like Stewart didn't really stamp his authority on the game but made some vital blocks/clearances etc
TEXIERA - 7.5 faded a bit as the game wore on but I thought he was our best player, I'd like to see this lad get a chance in the first team
KENT - 5 ive seen this lad before on LFC TV and he's quality but I thought he was playing for himself tonight, he was too busy trying to impress and constantly tried to do too much instead of just letting his natural game flow, big future ahead of him though
SINCLAIR - 6 great poachers instinct for the goal but struggled to get his game going on that pitch
BENTEKE - 5 not easy leading the line in such an inexperienced side but imo £30m players should be standing out in games like that and he didn't
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion