Ratings - Player ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kop Kid » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:06 pm

Is anyone who watched the game able to give us a list of how the players rated, 'tabloid newspaper sytleeee'!
Kop Kid

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:22 pm

Kirkland (??/10) Nothing much to do really, as Arsenal only attacked our goal once the entire game
Finnan (7/10)
Riise (7/10)
Carragher (8/10) Solid allround.
Hyypia (7/10) Played well overall.
Gerrard (9/10) Superb once again...I can see Chelsea and Real breaking their bank to get him! Please stay...
Alonso (8/10) Well taken goal...brilliant shot
Hamann (9/10) My MOTM...protect the defence, tackled well and win countless balls
Kewell (5/10) Not fulfilling his potential...should make way for Warnock
Pongolle (6/10) Played well, good skills but a bit lightweight sometime
Mellor (8/10) Extra point for the brilliantly taken goal. Non-stop running and caused Arsenal defence many problems.
Nunez (??/10) Obviously not fully match fit and yet to adapt to the pace of the English game. Can't comment much ...

These are just my opinion watching the game on TV...well worth the win and Viera should have been send off for the pathetic (and laughable) dive to get Hamann booked.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:54 pm

Kirkland  9/10 he could have never stoped that goal

Finnan (8/10 not bad today

Riise (8.10) fast play by him in the first half keeped us on top

Carragher (9/10) this is the rock of the team right now

Hyypia (5/10) putts up the field giveing the ball to the arsenal lead to there goal

Gerrard (9/10) thank god he is back , lacks a bit of speed and accuracy but it will come (we better not sell him)

Alonso (8/10) cool goal, lacked a bit of pace in the seconed half but than he was left on the bench in the last game

Hamann (9/10) well played , he was like a one man wall today

Kewell (3/10) i think its all getting a bit much for him right now, he shold be dropped (maybe for good)

Pongolle (6/10) played well for someone that is not getting many games

Mellor (10/10) this is not just for the goal but for never stopping the kid gave it all today and in the end it paid off , it will not matter if he never plays for liverpool again as he has set his name in the history books of Liverpool FC . well done kid

NUNEZ (7/10) yes 7 , the guy has only played one game for us in the reserves before this. he looks unfit and lost the ball a few time but i am going to give him a break , i think he could be a good player
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kop Kid » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:28 pm

Excellent thanks guys.  Looking forward to watching MOTD2, recording it and watching it again and again and again........
Kop Kid

Postby kazza » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:43 pm

I just wish to add that Pongolle and Kewell deserve more credit. They covered there area and kept Cole and Lauren completely out of the game. Those too Arsenal players are a major part of Arsenal's attack,  and for me that is a major reason why Arsenal only got one shot on goal, and no corners.

Kewell's work rate was very good today, and he had an unselfish game. He also had a hand in the first goal. I am sure Raffa would have given both Kewell and Pongolle more like 8/10. They played a major part in his strategy to negate the Arsenal attack.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:35 pm

Some of these ratings are rediculous.

Mellor a 10? Kirkland, Carragher and Gerrard 9?

Kirkland - 7. Done well, didn't have much to do but done it well had little chance with the goal.

Finnan - 8. Was very impressed with him today. Didn't put a foot wrong, worked hard, got up and down and Henry and Pires weren't getting any joy out of him. Best performance in a Liverpool shirt, superb. Man of the match along with Hamann.

Riise - 7. Very good, defended well and contributed going forward. Looks so much better defensively now and is a better alround player.

Hyypia - 8. Class. Bossed the backline, had Henry and Pires quiet all game, superb performance and shown he's still a class player.

Carragher - 8. Improving by the game. Top class again, EASILY player of the season so far, my favourate player.

Pongolle - 6. Didn't really do anything, but helped the team win, tried hard and made Cole work all game. Happy with his contribution.

Kewell - 6. Everything he tries doesn't work at the moment but he word VERY hard and played a major part in both goals which proves that a class player off form is still a useful asset. He does however need to regain his form to save his Liverpool career.

Hamann - 8. Brilliant infront of the back four, contributed to the attacking play aswell. Missed one or two tackles which is a sign he's past his best but he's still a hell of a player to have in the squad. Joint man of the match with Finnan for me.

Alonso - 7. Was a bit quiet but scored a great goal and passed the ball around well. Movement was clever and he was very unselfish in his play which allowed others the freedom to play.

Gerrard - 8. What a player, still has some nasty faults but he'd be perfect if he didn't, not at his best, but amazingly effective. Still pisses me off at time with his lack of concentration and care in his passing but shown his class on a number of occassions. Absoloutely top draw stuff considering the injury he's just had.

Mellor - 8. Effort, effort, effort, got very tired, looked unfit but still gave even more. I was sayin to me mate after 85 minutes how Mellor deserved a goal for his effort, not the most talented player but what a strike that was and if he's gonna work like that when he plays, he won't let anyone down.

Benitez - 9. Great team performance and tactics, excellent team selection.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:16 am

Not a lot to add to that Stu and your awarding Raffa more points than anyone else says it all, a masterclass of tactical awareness playing a 5 man midfield and giving Gerrard the free role.........other managers would have wanted gerrard in the middle of the park but in terms of input and contribution Hamann was just as important breaking up Arsenal Play and his distribution was exemplary......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:28 am

Some very fair comments but to criticise Hyppia is a joke. He has maybe not had the best of seasons but is starting to forge a good understanding with Carra. And Sami was superb today. As for Kewell I have lost patience with him and his form is pitiful. However, he tried harder today and was brave in his play for the winner. Doubt we will ever see him regain his Leeds form though  :down:
charwell

Postby L-type » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:11 am

stu_the_red wrote:Some of these ratings are rediculous.

Mellor a 10? Kirkland, Carragher and Gerrard 9?

Kirkland - 7. Done well, didn't have much to do but done it well had little chance with the goal.

Finnan - 8. Was very impressed with him today. Didn't put a foot wrong, worked hard, got up and down and Henry and Pires weren't getting any joy out of him. Best performance in a Liverpool shirt, superb. Man of the match along with Hamann.

Riise - 7. Very good, defended well and contributed going forward. Looks so much better defensively now and is a better alround player.

Hyypia - 8. Class. Bossed the backline, had Henry and Pires quiet all game, superb performance and shown he's still a class player.

Carragher - 8. Improving by the game. Top class again, EASILY player of the season so far, my favourate player.

Pongolle - 6. Didn't really do anything, but helped the team win, tried hard and made Cole work all game. Happy with his contribution.

Kewell - 6. Everything he tries doesn't work at the moment but he word VERY hard and played a major part in both goals which proves that a class player off form is still a useful asset. He does however need to regain his form to save his Liverpool career.

Hamann - 8. Brilliant infront of the back four, contributed to the attacking play aswell. Missed one or two tackles which is a sign he's past his best but he's still a hell of a player to have in the squad. Joint man of the match with Finnan for me.

Alonso - 7. Was a bit quiet but scored a great goal and passed the ball around well. Movement was clever and he was very unselfish in his play which allowed others the freedom to play.

Gerrard - 8. What a player, still has some nasty faults but he'd be perfect if he didn't, not at his best, but amazingly effective. Still pisses me off at time with his lack of concentration and care in his passing but shown his class on a number of occassions. Absoloutely top draw stuff considering the injury he's just had.

Mellor - 8. Effort, effort, effort, got very tired, looked unfit but still gave even more. I was sayin to me mate after 85 minutes how Mellor deserved a goal for his effort, not the most talented player but what a strike that was and if he's gonna work like that when he plays, he won't let anyone down.

Benitez - 9. Great team performance and tactics, excellent team selection.

I'm gonna have to agree wth those ratings more than anyone elses.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:16 am

Have to agree with stu, was very impressed with Finnan, he is defo first choice ahead of Josemi.

Nunez looked lively when he got on, a couple of good turns and passes, looks a good player.

Mellor worked really hard and deserved his fine goal, we still need Baros and Garcia back though as Pongolle played more out on the wing today to accomodate for playing 3 centre midfielders, made a decent contribution but not first team quality just yet.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:27 am

QUOTE:

WTF???
By what standards was that an 8 performance? 8 is almost a perfect game. Mellors first 89 minutes was pizz poor. A limp blindfolded goat could have been just as useful for most of the game. A 45 year old Brian Deane for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the lad and 3 points and all. But realistically, one lucky strike won't change anything. We are still desperately short of decent options up front. And with a better striker Arsenal would have been dead and buried after 20 minutes.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:33 am

Banana get used to seeing more of Mellor because Baros won't return until the fixture against West Brom. No he isn't a class player, but for now he will have to get the job done. He did just that at the very last seconds of the game. I could care less how he played because he got us the three points with a nice goal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:37 am

banana wrote:QUOTE:

WTF???
By what standards was that an 8 performance? 8 is almost a perfect game. Mellors first 89 minutes was pizz poor. A limp blindfolded goat could have been just as useful for most of the game. A 45 year old Brian Deane for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the lad and 3 points and all. But realistically, one lucky strike won't change anything. We are still desperately short of decent options up front. And with a better striker Arsenal would have been dead and buried after 20 minutes.

you obvioulsy listened to the game on the radio or din't watch at all.

His effort was immense, he ran all day and dropped back to help defeinsively on several occasions as well having some good link up play with Gerrard. He deserved his goal, which was an absolute cracker.

How you can slate a player who put in a 100% effort for the club you are a "fan" of (I use that term loosely) is beyond me.

We beat the champions mate and all you can do is say something negative, ****** boo boy.  :glare:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:53 am

LFC #1 wrote:
banana wrote:QUOTE:

WTF???

you obvioulsy listened to the game on the radio or din't watch at all.

His effort was immense, he ran all day and dropped back to help defeinsively on several occasions as well having some good link up play with Gerrard. He deserved his goal, which was an absolute cracker.

How you can slate a player who put in a 100% effort for the club you are a "fan" of (I use that term loosely) is beyond me.

We beat the champions mate and all you can do is say something negative, ****** boo boy.  :glare:

Get off my back LFC#1. I only try to bring some realism into the picture. Don't let us get carried away by a lucky strike in stoppage time please. There are more than 20 games left of the season and we are still without decent options up front. For me this means truble, and we have seen how troubled we really are in recent games vs. Boro, Birmingham and Monaco. One win in four games is not very impressive to me, and not nearly good enough to fight for top honours. I was of course excited by Mellor's fantastic strike, and happy for the lads 5 minutes of fame.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:56 am

I agree with you on one thing that we don't have enough options up front, we need Baros and Garcia back ASAP and hoepfully Morientes in January. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion