Match ratings...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lionheart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:23 am

There were a few that had ordinary games but good enough to get us a win. This is a good sign though in many respects. 

Reina (6) covered well when he had to. The goal was not a keeping error.
Carragher (7) is well an truely to No.1 defender. Becoming bossy but also still growing into the consumate defender
Hyypia (6) found wanting at times but cleared the line better in the 2nd half. Still a rock.
Warnock (6) would have been a 5 except that he went forward well. Awareness
Gerrard (8) top notch in the first half but went off the boil in the 2nd (but why wouldn't he?)
Sissoko (6) a lot of lateral movement but not a lot of purpose. Seen better games from him
Alonso (7) took a back seat today but chimed in if and when necessary. Conservative effort, but still classy
Kewell (8) getting back to to his best. Made his marker look like a goose on most occasions. Rediscovering the joy of running at players.
Crouch (8) fine goal. provided well. becoming the complete player.
Cisse (6) a fine goal but needs to realise that the direct route to goal is not always the best one. potential

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:24 am

Our strikers did very well today and our midfield had a decent performance but the defence wasnt upto their usual standard in the derby. Lets hope it was just a one off
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby simic_ie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:00 am

I must say, it's the first time in a long, long time, probabaly ever, in my time remember Liverpool beating times I team's so easily. I have confidence they'll win whatever game they play! In fact I was disappointed they conceded ONE goal in what seems like forever!!! Awesome...... viva la rafalution
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:09 am

simic_ie wrote:I must say, it's the first time in a long, long time, probabaly ever, in my time remember Liverpool beating times I team's so easily. I have confidence they'll win whatever game they play! In fact I was disappointed they conceded ONE goal in what seems like forever!!! Awesome...... viva la rafalution

yeah i was thinking that. We conceded our first goal in 9 games today and everyone is bitterly disappointed. A couple of months ago people would be less disappointed to draw or lose a game. It just shows how far we have come in so little time
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby laza » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:53 am

simic_ie wrote:I must say, it's the first time in a long, long time, probabaly ever, in my time remember Liverpool beating times I team's so easily. I have confidence they'll win whatever game they play! In fact I was disappointed they conceded ONE goal in what seems like forever!!! Awesome...... viva la rafalution

Yeah i know what you mean for the first time in a very long time my head instead of just my heart expects us to win every game we play.
Acquiring wins in games we would have lost or drawn not so long ago is also  real good indication that Rafaultion is really beginning to pay dividends a lot earlier then i thought  it would
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:15 am

The only players who failed to impress me yesterday were.
Warnock- Just not one of his better games.
Sissoko-His passing was awful.

Cisse and Crouch is the partnership I want to see for Liverpool. Leave Morientes on the bench for a while :censored:il he finds his scoring boots.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:26 am

DAV wrote:The only players who failed to impress me yesterday were.
Warnock- Just not one of his better games.
Sissoko-His passing was awful.

Cisse and Crouch is the partnership I want to see for Liverpool. Leave Morientes on the bench for a while :censored:il he finds his scoring boots.

If you think Sissoko had a bad game I feel sorry for you. You will never see him pass the ball like alonso if that's what you are after. But Sissoko had so many tackles and interceptions last night and he was pivotal in stopping Everton from scoring more goals. He has a unique physique with strenght, power and pace in abundance and he ain't afraid of nothing. A real hero if you ask me.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:33 am

your right, all other aspects of his game were fine
just not his passing
all round the entire team played well
surely you saw that?
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:58 am

reina 7
finnan 7
hyypia 6
carragher 8
warncok 6

gerrard 8
alonso 6
sissoko 7
kewell 7

crouch 7
cisse 7
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion