Ratings - Player ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:56 pm

Remember the hype the last time a striker from a Merseyside team beat the Gooners with a spectacular strike from outside the box ??? ???  ??? 
REMEMBER THE N....ahhh feck off :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:12 pm

banana wrote:Carragher has proved to be a really good central defender. At right back he suffered because of his limitations. No one in here has supported Carragher more than me since he has found his place in the team at central back.

Spoken like a true OOT'er. I supported him when he started to play better.

Idiot !
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:45 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
banana wrote:Carragher has proved to be a really good central defender. At right back he suffered because of his limitations. No one in here has supported Carragher more than me since he has found his place in the team at central back.

Idiot !

Leon he ain't a true OOT'er at all, I am an Oout of towner also but I don't speak ****** like banana does.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:40 am

Carragher has proved to be a really good central defender. At right back he suffered because of his limitations. No one in here has supported Carragher more than me since he has found his place in the team at central back.

Murphy was a bad player. Look at Alonso and you see what passing and moving the ball around is all about. Murphy is not even fit to shine Alonso's boots.

Owen had left us years ago. In the end he was not interested in the team, just himself. This is a fact.

Kirkland made a series of silly mistakes when he replaced Dudek. He seems more safe now, and maybe he can prove me wrong? I do however believe he is a bit slow and that his footwork let him down at times.

Mellor. Nuff said. 5 minutes of fame. West Ham gave him a fair chance, and he was nowhere near good enough for them. Then how in h.e,ll shouyld he be good enough for us. They used a 40 year old Brian Deane instead, and would have preferred Mark Bright at 45 as a target man instead of Mellor. He scored a good goal. That's it.

And your constant whining about me never been at games should stop. I have seen games at Estadio Monumantal, La Bombonera, Maracana, Riazor, Nou Camp, Highbury, Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Puscas Stadium, Weser stadion, Olympic stadium in munich, Nya Ullevi, Parken Copenhague, Estadio Bolivar, Estadio Peron and so on. I have seen live games in three continents. More than 150 top games. And I have played at a decent level as well. When I played I hated unfit players. Mellor is unfit. Pure and simple. You, on the other hand Stu, have NEVER played football at a fair level and do not understand the physical and technical aspect.

Have you ever actually stopped to think what you're saying?

Its not even like one person sees your point, you're being a stubborn moron... nothin new there tho ay ???

Clearly everyone here is wrong and you're the only one who's right... ???

Certain people here have been saying Carraghers worth a place in the team since he was 18 or 19... he's now 25 and you're only just realising he's a quality player? Would you like me drag up some of your posts from last season about him and make you look like an even bigger fool than you already are?

As for Murphy, he's not world class, he's not even top class (like Alonso) but what you're saying is again rubbish. Thats like saying Joe Cole has no skill because he's not as skillfull as Zidane, or Baros can't finish because he's not as lethal Owen or Gerrard has no pace because he's nowhere near Henry's pace.

Murphy was a GOOD player and is more than capable of playing in a very good side. He was a regular scoring 10 goals in a side that finished second and reached the champions league quater finals and he certainly wasn't the weakest link in that side. No-one doubts Alonso's a different class of player, but for a start they played in different positions for us and Murphy scored some superb goals.

Owen was world class, he scored 19 goals last season and we struggled BADLY when he didn't play. Considering he was injured and out of form that says it all for me. Missing a player who's injured and out of form all season who managed to score 19 goals, 17 of which were in the league... think about that....

Kirkland made silly mistakes?... When? ???

He's slow off his line, i've noticed that, he isn't as good with his feet as Dudek either, i'd agree there, but he is good at nearly everything else, just because a player has a fault doesn't mean they're poor, again though you seem to be coming round on Kirkland, another player along with Carragher you endless slated last season and if i'm not mistake called them both "horrible players". You also recently said the same about Hyypia....

As for Mellor gettin a fair chance at West ham... do you actually know what you're talking about here? Check your facts lad then come back.

You've been to games have you? Really? Well done, u wanna medal?

well ok lad... i watch the team we're discussing here every week. I've seen them in about.... what... 50 games a season for 5 seasons and 25 games a season for 6 seasons... at a rough guess... thats at least 500 games. I've seen ALOT of the players we have in our squad at present and i've watched players like Owen and Gerrard develope into world class players from promising kids. I've seen players like Hamann start to lose it from being a top class player and i've seen differences in class of players like Owen and Anelka to the likes of Baros and Heskey.

As for not understanding about the game from a fitnes point of view because you WRONGLY assume i've never played at a decent level... i'd like to see you do a 5 mile run in just under 25 minutes... thats 8 kilometers... i'd also be interested to hear about your level of fitness... I've noticed you don't rate hard work and chasing players down as an attribute. Well that to me shows your lack of tactical knowledge and your awareness about the game...

Also to back up my argument.... i've also trained with Wrexham fc numourous times, i've played for Busrcough, had trials with Marine and played for Stockport reserves against players like Danny Webber, Danny Pugh, Kieron Richardson and with players like Aaron Wilbraham and Carlton Palmer.

I'm also a level 2 qualified coach and take the under 12's occassionally (work permitting) for Steven Gerrard's old team Whiston Juniors which is about 5 minutes walk from my house and that was a team i played for untill i was 14.

Like i've said to ANYONE on here who doesn't believe me, i'm more than happy to show them i can play football, i'll even talk to you during the game and tell you what i'm going to do and why and i'll also set a few moves up for you to witness, you'd probably be quite shocked. :)

Out of curiousity, when you played at your "decent" standard, what tactics did your manager use? What position where you played? What were your responisibilities within the tactical system and to what extent where your tactics practised. Did you concentrate on movement at set peices or what? Tell me how you trained and what were your managers favourate moves... Also tell me about your strengths and why you were so good at certain things... You'll either sound like a footballer if you do this or you'll sound like joe public trying to talk like a footballer... wonder which one it will be... ???
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby Santa » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:59 am

who the hell is diarra wrote:Remember the hype the last time a striker from a Merseyside team beat the Gooners with a spectacular strike from outside the box ??? ???  ??? 
REMEMBER THE N....ahhh feck off :D

yeah...another 5 minutes of fame that ended up costing the scvums £30million
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:05 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Idiot !

Cut out the OOT sh1t will ya?...stop your prejudice and stop generalising...not every OOTers talk b0ll0cks like Banana did, and not every African footballers spit at opponent like that filthy Diouf did.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:08 am

stu_the_red wrote:Clearly everyone here is wrong and you're the only one who's right... ???

Sounds familiar coming from you?  :D   :D

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:04 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Like i've said to ANYONE on here who doesn't believe me, i'm more than happy to show them i can play football, i'll even talk to you during the game and tell you what i'm going to do and why and i'll also set a few moves up for you to witness, you'd probably be quite shocked. :)

Oh My God Stu how can i take you seriously when you say things like that? could you be any more up your own ar*e?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:58 pm

Not really :D

I'm a good player, i'm not gonna sit here and lie and say am ******. Get over it :p
115-1073096938

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:08 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Not really :D

I'm a good player, i'm not gonna sit here and lie and say am ******. Get over it :p

no you dont have to say yer sh*te, but you also dont have to try and tell us how brilliant you think you are. and it has no bearing on your "knowledge of the game" (how good you may/may not be).
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:10 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Like i've said to ANYONE on here who doesn't believe me, i'm more than happy to show them i can play football, i'll even talk to you during the game and tell you what i'm going to do and why and i'll also set a few moves up for you to witness, you'd probably be quite shocked. :)

Oh My God Stu how can i take you seriously when you say things like that? could you be any more up your own ar*e?

Stu, I had a games teacher like you at school (probably not as technically gifted as you of course)  :D By the way I hated him as well!!  :angry:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:14 pm

Stu_the_Red=David Brent!

Also 5 x 50 + 6 x 25 is not at least 500!

:D You have to love Stu.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:16 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Stu_the_Red=David Brent!

I SUPPOSE SOMEONE'S GOT TO.
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:36 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Stu_the_Red=David Brent!

I SUPPOSE SOMEONE'S GOT TO.

TRUE  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:37 pm

:D Really good thread. Loved it all. Just a bit of a shame about the OOT stuff. Does that mean that anyone who is an OOT hasn't got a clue about Liverpool football club? S'pse it must do.
What happens if you move to merseyside, does an arch-angel come down from above and bestow a higher football knowledge on all who can claim to be living within ten miles of Anfield? Or is it only if you were actually born there? If thats the case, what happens if you were born ther but moved away at an early age, does the "knowledge" follow you wherever you go? Or do you have to move back to re-aquire the secret of pass and move. Or, and this is the crux really, is the whole thing just a load of old b *ll*c*ks?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion