Match ratings...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:42 am

Reina - 7. Done well to close down Henry when he was through, commanded his box and was his usual decisive self when coming out of the box.

Finnan - 5. Poor game again. Lost form, for me looks jaded and in need of a rest. Was poor defensively and offered little going forward.

Warnock - 6. Was average defensively and average going forward. Lost the form he had earlier in the season, still learning the left back role. Good player still and is going to improve.

Hyypia - 6. Indecisive, got exposed down to a lack of pace and bad positioning by the whole defense.

Carragher - 6. Looked shakey, to many hoofs, couldn't cope with Henry's pace, intelligence and skill. Not many can.

Kromkamp - 4. Clearly not a right mid. Not a bad player though.

Luis Garcia - 5. Cracking goal, good anticipation and well finished, but was shocking in possession and generally poor alround. Found wanting in many situations, needs to improve drastically to convince me he's more than a 20 minute player at the end of a match.

Hamann - 5. Was completely annonymous, didn't contribute much at all.

Alonso - 6. Nowhere near his best. Off the pace, sloppy in possession, won some tackles played some decent passes but MUST improve.

Gerrard - 5. Was poor in possession, shown a lack of vision and composure with the backpass and gave the ball away far to much. Walked around when he didn't have the ball, unacceptable from the "captain".

Crouch - 4. Awful. Touch was poor, didn't hold the ball up, bossed and bullied out of the game and generally contributed nothing.

Subs:

Kewell - 5. Failed to get involved, looked lazy and sloppy.
Fowler - 5. Never really had time to get into the game and influence it any way.
115-1073096938

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:06 am

My rating

The hole team

Not good enough
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:47 am

Had Alonso not been sent off, and we got a point (or more) would you ratings have changed ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:54 am

murphy0151 wrote:The hole team

which hole?  :wwww

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:01 am

primodua wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:The hole team

which hole?  :wwww

The one you talk out of a.ss hole
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:28 am

My ratings
Reina-6
Finnan-4
Carra-5
Hyypia-4
warnock-4
Krom-4
Hamann-4
Alonso-4
Gerrard-3
Crouch-(-10)
Kewell-3
Garcia-2(-1 IF HE DIDNT SCORE)
Fowler-4
Bonus ratings
Henry-10
cesc-10

Looks like we've run out of steam,got to give a couple of youngsters some time on the pitch.
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:00 am

i dont do the ratigns thing persnoally. i'll just say the whole team played poorly. i would tho give the football boot giver outta 0 uot of ten as the whole tam was sliding all over the place. I dont really know where the plusses were from that game. there is nothing i can see from eysterdays performance which makes me think that we have learnt something more about our team as a whole.

giving garcia 2 out of ten tho is pointless. he is a flair player, not a team player. his job is do get something out of the game, and from the goal he scored hes our most important player when it comes to sticking the ball in the net.

i would tho like to spend a little time talking about crouch. a very little time. the guy was hopeless, and sorry but he has been for the better part of 3 months.

We desperately needed pace in the game and didnt have it and that was our downfall but the season not over yet and we are ni a decent position so im not gonna scream hari carrie (SP) right now
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:38 am

The whole team got exposed. On what? Generally the pace of movement and the speed of their passing was too much to handle.

Kromkamp has got the slowest MF'n legs in the premiership. Hyypia is slow, Crouch is a tortoise, Carra, Finnan, Warnock, Hamann is struggeling with fast players.

Reina 7

Finnan 5
Carra 6
Hyypia 5
Warnock 2

Kromkamp 2
Alonso 6
Gerrard 6
Garcia 6
Hamann 5

Crouch 4

Warnock is a major liability. Jumpes into tackles with both legs. Passes the ball with zero precision. A couple of nice backpasses last night i'd say. What is happening with his head when he is playing? He must be nervous like :censored: because he looks lost.

Kromkamp will never make it. We got him instead of Josemi and I thought it was a good deal. BUt now after witnessing his poor contribution to the team I'm starting to miss JOsemi. Kromkamp is so damn slow. His legs look very heavy and he covers so little ground it is amazing. Never seem a less effective player on the right wing than him. He could not help out Finnan defensively because he was outpaced and outclassed all the time and he certainly couldn't do anything in attack.

The rest just had bad games. Crouch was extremely isolated up front. But there is no excuse for him missing chances like the free header from 5 yards out or the easy tap in (ruled out incorrectly bacause the assistant referee called offside).

Hamann had a difficult time. Maybe it is an indication that time has caught up with him. He is getting older and wiser. But his legs are tiring.

Alonso looked lost. I could see it in his eyes that he hated being on the pitch last night. The guy is pure class, no doubt. Some of his passing and positioning is out of this world. He is our best player by a big margin. He did not play bad yesterday it was only that he was playing in a team of loosers and he knew we were going down. His passes was wasted by poor team mates and the defence never helped out in attack and was tormented time and again by quick players. So Alonso was fighting an uphill battle and I'm afraid of him leaving Liverpool if things don't improve.

Carra + Hyypia ain't a bad partnership. But the game against arsenal showed why they can't play together no more next year. We need fresh legs in defense. A new left back is called for and Hyypia must be replaced. If it's true that Fabio Aurelio is on his way and Paletta signs then we will have a new defence next year. A defence much better at defending and also able to contribute a bit more in attack.

---------
And now to the Sissoko haters out there (like Stu). Do you really think it is a coincedence that our losing streak started when we lost him? If you do then I feel sorry for you. Sissoko was our most effective ball winner and he covered more ground than any other player. He won us games. You criticised him for not being as fancy on the ball as Alonso but that is not his trade. He will never treat the ball like Alonso. But he won us games and for that I loved him. People who don't understand football will never appreciate guys like Sissoko. Fortunately we have a manager with good knowledge of the game playing Sissoko in the first 11. Maybe now after completely falling apart after his injury do you appreciate him, just a little at least?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:19 pm

banana wrote:And now to the Sissoko haters out there (like Stu). Do you really think it is a coincedence that our losing streak started when we lost him? If you do then I feel sorry for you. Sissoko was our most effective ball winner and he covered more ground than any other player. He won us games. You criticised him for not being as fancy on the ball as Alonso but that is not his trade. He will never treat the ball like Alonso. But he won us games and for that I loved him. People who don't understand football will never appreciate guys like Sissoko. Fortunately we have a manager with good knowledge of the game playing Sissoko in the first 11. Maybe now after completely falling apart after his injury do you appreciate him, just a little at least?

Who hates Sissoko Banana?

Why do you feel sorry for everyone who disagrees with you? :D

You're views are pathetic.

Hyypia "one of the worst centre halfs in the league".
Owen "Mediocre".
Murphy "pizz poor".
Sissoko "our most talented player".
Carragher and Hyypia "can't play together and must be broke up".

You slate Finnan, Riise and Hyypia calling them average, yet you fail to see that barring one freak result we'd have THE best defensive record in the league and we already have THE MOST clean sheets in the league. We also had the best defensive record in the champions league untill we played Benfica.

Not being funny, everyone here knows you're clueless. :D
115-1073096938

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:49 pm

imo hamann and alonso were our only 2 half decent players yesterday. If it wasn't for them we would've surrendered a lot more possession in midfield and conceded 2 or 3 more
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:11 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
banana wrote:And now to the Sissoko haters out there (like Stu). Do you really think it is a coincedence that our losing streak started when we lost him? If you do then I feel sorry for you. Sissoko was our most effective ball winner and he covered more ground than any other player. He won us games. You criticised him for not being as fancy on the ball as Alonso but that is not his trade. He will never treat the ball like Alonso. But he won us games and for that I loved him. People who don't understand football will never appreciate guys like Sissoko. Fortunately we have a manager with good knowledge of the game playing Sissoko in the first 11. Maybe now after completely falling apart after his injury do you appreciate him, just a little at least?

Who hates Sissoko Banana?

Why do you feel sorry for everyone who disagrees with you? :D

You're views are pathetic.

Hyypia "one of the worst centre halfs in the league".
Owen "Mediocre".
Murphy "pizz poor".
Sissoko "our most talented player".
Carragher and Hyypia "can't play together and must be broke up".

You slate Finnan, Riise and Hyypia calling them average, yet you fail to see that barring one freak result we'd have THE best defensive record in the league and we already have THE MOST clean sheets in the league. We also had the best defensive record in the champions league untill we played Benfica.

Not being funny, everyone here knows you're clueless. :D

In case you haen't noticed:

Murphy is still poor

Hyypia is still a bad defender (when he is not defendind deep inside the box or left unprotected by Hamann/Sissoko.. etc.)

Owen I don't really like because he is so limited outside the box.

Sissoko is still our biggest talent followed by Paul Anderson. ( I don't consider 25 year olds as talents anymore and I've never said Sissoko was our best PLAYER as I rate both Gerrard and Alonso ahead of him and maybe also Carra and Reina. If I was allowed to take any 5 players away from liverpool and form my own team I'd take Gerrard, Carra, Reina, Sissoko and Alonso. The rest of the players I would not bother much about)
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:13 pm

:laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:19 pm

banana wrote:Kromkamp will never make it. We got him instead of Josemi and I thought it was a good deal. But now after witnessing his poor contribution to the team I'm starting to miss Josemi.

you're winding me up? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion