Match ratings...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:01 am

Reina - 7. Played well, came off his line well and commanded his box as usual. Made one or two decent saves. Had no chance with the goal.

Finnan - 7. He was beaten in the air by Kilbane for Beatties goal, however he played really well apart from that. His contribution going forward is excellent and his defensive solidity is just as impressive.

Warnock - 6. On the ball, very good, was sloppy once or twice but in general good. Defensively today was found wanting on a few occassions, out of position twice, one of them was the goal. His attacking contribution though was again very good.

Hyypia - 6. Worst game of the season yet still wasn't that bad. Didn't win all his headers as usual, was left exposed once or twice from sloppy play from midfield and Warnock being out of position, his distribution however was excellent and he played big part in killing the game off.

Carragher - 7. Done well, made some good recovery tackles and hard challenges and positioned himself well when he was pulled out of position.

Gerrard - 8. He's just rubbish isn't he. Can't tackle, can't pass, can't shoot, very static, can't run.... honest...

Kewell - 7. The improvement continues... he's earning another chance with improved performances and commitment. His level of skill is good and his passing is good also, he's pulling his weight physically now aswell. Keep it coming Harry.

Alonso - 6. Was off the pace but still swept up well behind the midfield. Kept possession and kept the ball moving, worse game for a while, what player.

Sissoko - 7. Had he passed to one of our players once he'd have got man of the match, defensively he was everywhere and a real pressence. Its just a shame the lad passes like Traore. Still, in a couple of years time i expect good things from him, the lads a good player.

Crouch - 8. Took his goal superbly, linked well as ever and ran his socks off.

Cisse - 7. Frustrated me but caused problems, had chances and his finish was superb. Done well. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:16 am

Reina - 7 unl :censored:y to conceed
Finnan - 7 good performance got forward well
Hyypia - 7 competant performance
Carragher - 8 took the :censored: seemed to make time on the ball
Warnock - 6 frustrated me with his defensive position got forward well tho
Gerrard - 8 seemed to be everywere down the right took his goal well, miss place some freekicks tho.
Sissoko - 8 ran everywere tracked players gave no one time on the ball, worked so hard as usual
Alonso - 7 Slow game for him, many be suffering from fatigue but showed little creativity
Kewell - 7/8 very impressed are we getting old Kewell back was tackled hard by Hibert several times but showed balls and wasnt scared off by him
Crouch - 7 played well professional performance took his goal well and caused his usual trouble, but wish he  would stay forward a bit more
Cisse - 7 cause problems with his pace his goal was great good running bit of fortune but a suprisingly great finish
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oooalxooo » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:16 am

very good review. spot on

i dont think warnock played a good game, or cisse as usual but he put it away and thats what hes there for -
i wish his goal scoring ability matched his pace!!

overall i think it was a messy game on both parts - if liverpool were in full form they would have smashed the :censored:. and cant be helped considering they just played boxing day and probably werent all 100 percent anyway.

harry is working really well now, playing with his heart now and i think if he can crack a goal his confidence will go through the roof. technically his touches are amazing and really benefits the team now.

crouch is turning out to be brilliant for us. im made up with rafa's foresight so i must apologise cause i was a little bit of a doubter at the start.

overall its a fantastic team and they are really working well together. roll on sat @ anfield!!
LFC
oooalxooo

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:31 am

I didn't think we played that well to be honest but we always looked like we had way too much for Everton. I actually thought Cisse was very effective and had his best game in the Premiership for us. As already stated though, Gerrard continues in his awesome streak of form.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:01 am

a sign of a good team having a off day and still winning comfortably and that  was shown at goodison,we never moved into top gear and that is a major plus today
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:12 am

Can't really argue with that S. That was a pretty good review. Anyway. Bring on WBA. That should be fairly easy with our current form. Maybe we are in danger of underestimating them?
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:18 am

Job well done whilst expending the least amo :censored: of effort sums up this derby. I suspect the lads didn't realy break sweat and one of the easiest trips across Stanley park for quite  few seasons.

I liked Warnock tonight and i was there. His link up with Kewell was impressive but i accept his defensive duties weren't up to teh usual high standard.

Sissoko and Alonso conceded too much possession first half but second half they played much better. You had the feeling that LFC had the capability to step up a gear at any time but chose not to. Everton were poor even by their recent standards and defensively they are fragile and pedestrian ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:33 am

It wasn't a good game to play well in, the ref was blowing every five seconds and everton just kept hoofing it up the pitch. I thought our midfield had a poor game tbh, alonso, sissoko and gerrard(apart from the goal) had off nights, kewell is getting back there, what a finish by crouch though, to keep your composure like that in the 10th minute of a derby,  :bowdown  Cisse did ok, hands down to benetiz for anticpating that everton would pile forward and that he would get chances on the break.
AlanHansen

Postby oooalxooo » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:33 am

Dalglish wrote:Job well done whilst expending the least amo :censored: of effort

thats a perfect sum up of the game m8
LFC
oooalxooo

Postby Dalglish » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:40 am

oooalxooo wrote:
Dalglish wrote:Job well done whilst expending the least amo :censored: of effort

thats a perfect sum up of the game m8

I try my best  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:20 am

Thought we took the pedal off the gas in the second half after Cisse's goal and the Phil Neville red card although there were hints that we wanted to go for the 4th. It doesn't really matter though, I would have taken a 1-0 win at the beginning.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:31 am

On another note, Ginger head said this to the Sky Sports interview, "The way it's been recently, we've not quite been getting decisions. I thought our (disallowed) goal was a goal and didn't think theirs was over the line - in fact I'm positive it wasn't."

I am a little bit confused here. Is he refering to Crouch's goal, Gerrard's goal, or Cisse's goal? Or is he refering to Crouch's goal in the PREVIOUS game against Newcastle? If so, he is indeed a bitter bluesh!te.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:04 am

I thought our midfield had a poor game tbh, alonso, sissoko and gerrard(apart from the goal) had off nights

I thought Gerrard was his usual, hard working, skillful and fantastic self. His header to free Crouch was superb and his goal was just Gerrard all over.
Anyway, the team did as much as it had to for the whole game. Come out and score 2, then when they get one back kill it after half time. It is that ability to change pace and turn it on when required that we have lacked for 3-4 seasons and it is great to see. Another win, the run continues and second is ours for the taking now. :D
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:11 am

Reina - 7.5
Finnan - 7.5
Hyypia - 7
Carragher - 7
Warnock - 6.5
Gerrard - 8.5
Sissoko - 7.5
Alonso - 7.5
Kewell - 8
Crouch - 7.5
Cisse - 7.5
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:14 am

I thought our midfield had a poor game tbh, alonso, sissoko and gerrard(apart from the goal)

I disagree..Our midfield were much better than their midfield :censored:il they have to play long ball just to get that one goal.
LiverpoolMadman

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion