Ratings / match report

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:32 pm

banana wrote:Of course Hyypia would have been an important player if he had been available. But if Agger hadn't been cup tied this wouldn't have been an issue. The position we really suck in is striker/forward. Letting Baros go was not a mistake. But letting him go WITHOUT a replacement who is AT LEAST as good as Baros was a HUGE mistake. FWIW I never thought Baros was a world beater, but he was a good striker with pace, power and intelligence. Not to forget a wonderful work rate. He chased the defenders like a mad dog. Compare it to Crouch and Morientes. They NEVER threathe the defenders or put pressure on them or close them down. NEVER. If we had Etoo, Shevshenko or Henry we would have been celebrating now. Heck. If we had Hasselbaink, Baros, Ashton, Jason Roberts, Bent, Bellam and so on and so on we would have been celebrating.

You see, this is what Stu is talking about.

I thought you always maintained that Hyppia was passed it and a liability?

More to the point, if you think Baros was/is an "intelligent" player then surely your only excuse aside from temporary insanity brought on by the sudden and unexpected appearance of a full moon is that maybe you were reared on a diet of Lacross or Shinty as a child.

Either that or you were breast fed to the age of 8.
Last edited by JBG on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:34 pm

now thats evil JBG, but i agree with ya, Baros isn't a type of striker liverpool really needed
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:08 am

JBG wrote:
banana wrote:Of course Hyypia would have been an important player if he had been available. But if Agger hadn't been cup tied this wouldn't have been an issue. The position we really suck in is striker/forward. Letting Baros go was not a mistake. But letting him go WITHOUT a replacement who is AT LEAST as good as Baros was a HUGE mistake. FWIW I never thought Baros was a world beater, but he was a good striker with pace, power and intelligence. Not to forget a wonderful work rate. He chased the defenders like a mad dog. Compare it to Crouch and Morientes. They NEVER threathe the defenders or put pressure on them or close them down. NEVER. If we had Etoo, Shevshenko or Henry we would have been celebrating now. Heck. If we had Hasselbaink, Baros, Ashton, Jason Roberts, Bent, Bellam and so on and so on we would have been celebrating.

You see, this is what Stu is talking about.

I thought you always maintained that Hyppia was passed it and a liability?

More to the point, if you think Baros was/is an "intelligent" player then surely your only excuse aside from temporary insanity brought on by the sudden and unexpected appearance of a full moon is that maybe you were reared on a diet of Lacross or Shinty as a child.

Either that or you were breast fed to the age of 8.

Hyypia is past it and will not be in the first 11 next year. Traore is not his replacement.

And Baros had a lot more to offer in every part of the game than Cisse, Morientes, Mellor, Sinama. He has more vision, more skill and more intelligence than all those players put together. If you don't see that I feel sorry for you. I never said Baros was world class. But he was a hard working player with pace and strenght in front of goal. What have we got now? The worst strikers in the premiership.

I'd take Harewood, Ashton, Bent, Bent, Roonay, Henry, Reyes, Persie, RVN, Hasseilbank, Defoe, Mido, Keane, Crespo, Drogba, Jason Roberts, Samaras, Vassel, Bellamy, Yakubu, Collins, Camara, Luke Moore, Helgusson...........

Any of these strikers would perform better than Morientes and Cisse. We have the worst strikers in the league.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:54 am

banana wrote:Hyypia is past it and will not be in the first 11 next year. Traore is not his replacement.

And Baros had a lot more to offer in every part of the game than Cisse, Morientes, Mellor, Sinama. He has more vision, more skill and more intelligence than all those players put together.

:laugh:  :D  :bowdown
115-1073096938

Postby dawson99 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:56 am

some people on here are complete idiots.
baros? ??? maybe the people saying we should have kept him werent liverpool fans when he was with us.

hypia past it? numpties!!!

and mori 0/10? ok i dont rate the guy, but 0/10? thats just mean!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:11 am

Reina - 6. Had nothing to do apart from pick the ball out of the net.

Finnan - 5. Contributed little going forward, was slow in his decision making and nearly cost us a goal. Anyone can have a bad game.

Warnock - 6. Contributed little going forward, not at his best, made some great tackles though.

Carragher - 5. Poor game. Missed Hyypia badly but in all fairness Traore can make the best of players look woefull. In Sami's absence was the most important defender and the one expected to win the headers and hold his position, its not his game and he doesn't have the ability to adapt to that role. Looked lost.

Traore - 1. He passed to a red shirt 11 times in 90 minutes. For a centre half thats unacceptable. He cost us two goals and should NEVER play for this club ever again. I could do better.

Luis Garcia - 5. Simply not good enough from him. So frustrating to watch. The amount of good possession he wastes is criminal and one flash of magic every two games isn't enough to compensate. I've defended him to the hilt, I'm getting very bored with him now. People say he's unpredictable, he's the opposite.

Gerrard - 7. Went forward well, linked with Alonso well, made some excellent passes but still shown tactical naiveness and lack of composure with some of his passes. Still a good game, he can't do it on his own.

Alonso - 8. Best player on the pitch by a mile. Desire, determination, aggression, vision, was everywhere.

Kewell - 6. Poor game, never really got into it.

Crouch - 6. Unlucky with some chances but has to do better.

Morientes - 5. Started well, faded, one shot while he was on the pitch.

Subs:

Fowler - 5. Ball in the net again, disallowed. Never got into it.

Sissy - 4. Head down and run, :censored:.

Hamann - 5. Never influenced the game.
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion