Resurrected Player Ratings, last match.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Mignolet - 8 - looked solid with a couple of good saves
Clyne - 7 - First game, yet looked like he's been our RB for years. Solid start
Skrtel - 8 - Played well and read the game to stop trouble before it started
Lovren - 7 - Did ok, although had a few iffy moments in the first hald
Gomez - 8 - Started badly and made a few errors early on, but found his game in the second half and played really well. Hard to believe he was a league 1 player last season
Henderson - 6 - Thought he was poor today. His attempt at a cross in the box was shocking.
Milner - 7 - Did better than Hendo in the middle (which isn't saying much) but thought he was better on the right wing.
Lallana - 5 -I'm starting to worry about this lad. Too lightweight and doesn't add ANYTHING to the match. He needs to serisouly sort his ***** out this year
Ibe - 6 - He's no Stirling. Did lots of running, but very little end product
Coutinho - 10 Our best player who came alive when Can came on
Benteke - 6- Too many hoof balls and not enough crosses. BR is treating him like Any Carroll, which is a worry

Firmino -7 - Looked good with some nice touches. Too early to tell if he's going to be a hit or not
Can - 8 - Should have started the match as our DM. Brought composure to the midfield and freed up Cout to make runs and shots
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Stoke v Liverpool 09/08/2015

Mingolet - 6 not always totally convincing but made a couple of good saves
Clyne - 7 solid enough debut, bit conservative attacking wise but defended well
Lovren - 8 my MoM, thought he was outstanding tbh and that's coming from someone who's heart sank when I saw his name on the team sheet
Skrtel - 7 solid as per usual
Gomez - 6 caught out of position once or twice but good performance considering his age and the fact that was only his 17th start in the pro game. Gonna be a top player this lad.
Henderson - 5 works his @rse off for the team but as a CM he has to do more to get the team playing
Milner - 6 like Hendo works hard but we need to see more from the pair of them in terms of game control and creativity
Ibe - 5 frustrating afternoon for Jordan, Stoke crowded him out but I'm sure he'll learn from the experience, like Gomez he's going to be a top player
Lallana - 5 not his type of game really
Coutinho - 7 wasn't having his best game (which is understandable given his pre season consisted of 1 proper game) but when you have genuine class you can do things like that effort he conjured up
Benteke - 7 fed off scraps but gave us a real presence up top, he's going to be a great signing imo

Subs -
Can - 7 we looked better the moment he came on, should be him plus one other for our CM imo
Firmino - 7 surprised how physical this lad is, like Can his introduction definately improved us, got to be a starter from now on
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Mingolet- 6       Made a couple of saves. Wasn't tested enough to warrant a higher rating.
Clyne- 8           Covered very well defensively and his passing was solid. Seemed to hold back from bombing forward that often (manager instructions)but seemed decent in possession higher up.
Lovren- 7         Did well overall without making any of his usual glaring errors. Covered for young Gomez a few times which was a plus.
Skrtel- 7          Same as Lovren
Gomez- 5        Got away with a few mistakes and offered very little going forward. 
Henderson- 7   Showed a lot of maturity in the new role. Tried the long pass a few times and we really needed someone to do that. Very good performance from our new captain.
Milner - 5         Gets a 5 for the effort he put in and his defensive work. Thought he offered very little when he got on the ball and his lack of passing and creativity significantly hindered our attacking game. 
Ibe- 6              Offered a good outlet but lacked end product. Our right flank was responsible for the creation of most chances but the quality was lacking.
Lallana- 5        Struggled to get into the game. Didn't seem to understand/relish the role he was given down the left flank. Supported Gomez well enough defensively but didnt offer enough down the other end.
Coutinho- 7      Scored a fantastic goal and that's enough for a 7. I like his starting position but I'm not sure he had the right players ahead of him.
Benteke- 5       Didnt get the service and I thought he should have come off for an Origi or Ings around the hour mark.

Subs -
Can- 7             Tactical role assigned by Rodgers worked really well. Having 3 workhorses who are good defensively in the middle of the park seemed to suck out the energy off the Stoke midfield. Expect him to feature against the stronger sides for that very reason.
Firmino- 5       Lost the ball a few times and didnt have enough time to make an impact.

Rodgers-8        Got the needed result and made decent substitutions. Set the side up to nullify the opposition and his plan worked well. Will be interesting to see how we address our home fixtures.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Mingolet - 6 few good saves but again you know the ropey stuff is in him.
Clyne - 6 much better defender than glenda.
Lovren - 7 good game.
Skrtel - 7 good game.
Gomez - 6 good shift although one or two moments to forget.
Henderson - 5 pretty poor all round.s
Milner - 6 put in a shift but didn't do a lot on the ball.
Ibe - 5 likely the one to make way for Firmino. He has a bit to go to be a starter every week imo.
Llama - 4 quickly becoming a competition between him and ashley young on who is going to fall over the most.
Coutinho - 8 always busy and played a few positions. Great strike and my MOTM.
Benteke - 6 few heavy touches and didn't chase much down. Didn't have an awful lot of help tbh.

Subs -
Can - 7 added much needed stability.
Firmino - 7 good cameo. Hopefully starts against bournemouth.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Mignolet - 7 Come and took crosses efficiently ,and made some decent stops 
Clyne - 7 Competent and concentrated on defence rather than making marauding runs ,the defensive header to deny Diouf was vital and carried out deftly
Lovren -8 Intelligent composed and justified his selection .
Skrtel -6 Way too many moments were he under hit the pass ,second half he was more combative and delivered the requisite response.
Gomez -6 He looked a touch out of sorts allowing a touch of naivety to seep in ,but for a kid just thrust into the Premiership he coped well.
Henderson -5 He simply doesn't read the game as intelligently as Lucas or Can.
Milner -7 Won a lot of 50 /50 balls and ran and battled with the effervescence of  Kuyt .
Ibe -5 Wasteful and reckless in possession ,he will have much better games than this.
Lallana -4 We knew he was lightweight ,but according to Stokes Cameron he now comes in pocket sized.
Coutinho -8 Not his most inventive performance ,but when your brushed with enough talent to produce world class moments ,who gives a fuck .
Benteke -6 Lone striker ,some might feel sympathetic to Balotelli's plight now ,but I doubt it.

Can -8 Completely changed the course of the game with his introduction ,an  intelligent football player who does simple with style.
Firmino -7 Looks really strong on the ball with that same low centre of gravity most South Americans possess that makes them difficult to shake off the ball.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Agreed with most of the ratings (though I will give lower ones as we didn't play well). But I do agree with Can having a higher rating. He changed the whole complex of the game. I will give Can a 7.5 and the rest 5 to 7 with lallana getting a 4.

Mignolet - 6.8 
Clyne - 6.3
Lovren -6.5
Skrtel -6.1
Gomez -6
Henderson -5.5
Milner -6.8
Ibe -6 : I think he is better as an impact sub at this stage of his career
Lallana -4 : a poor man's ozil. He has similar weakness to ozil. Against physical sides, he just does not perform. I will bring him on as a sub and put him in the team against non-physical, non-pressing teams.
Coutinho - 6.9 : Awesome goal. His turns with the balls is simply awesome. He can orchestrate lots of counter-attacks if he is played deeper.
Benteke -6 : We don't cross the ball....... anyway I do think sturridge and benteke will be an awesome strike-force.

Can -7 : Changed the whole complex of the game. Rodgers has to understand...we need either Can or Lucas to keep things simple in midfield. Protect the defence and give the attacking players more freedom to do their stuff.
Firmino -6.5 : Wow, what a player. I predict big things for him. He didn't do too much. But when he had the ball, you can see that he is classy.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:33 pm

Mingolet - 9 Great save from the Charlie Adam cross. Very Solid overall. Very happy with his performance.
Clyne - 8 Great start. Was defensively robust and tried to contribute up front as well.
Lovren - 7 Looked shaky on a few occasions. Pretty solid still. Vocal.
Skrtel - 7 Some good clearances, tackles. But also a few poor passes back to Mignolet.
Gomez - 7 Confident, will learn.
Henderson - 4 Did nothing good today, whatsoever.
Milner - 6 Worked hard.  Showed more imagination (with success) in passing than Henderson. Want more still.
Ibe - 4 Yes, he beats his player on occasion. But decision making has to be better. He has to pass more. Firmino will start ahead of him.
Lallana - 3 Got dispossessed easily. Maybe not the best opposition for him to be playing against.
Coutinho - 8 Great goal. But fitness seemed suspect, passes weren't clicking.
Benteke - 6 Does he ever press? Won some headers, lost some. He had some good touches though, and to be fair, our midfield did not supply him with much.   

Subs -
Can - 7 Allowed Milner, and Coutinho to push higher up. Did his job. 
Firmino - 7 Fought. Kept the ball. Didn't have much time or space to show much, though.
kartiek

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Mignolet - 7 - clean sheet and a good save from Adam's free kick
Clyne - 7 - good debut, definitely an improvement on glenda, especially defensively
Skrtel - 7.5 - read the game well, had a few good interceptions, would have been motm had it not been for Coutinho
Lovren - 7 - surprisingly a good game
Gomez - 6.5 - had a few mistakes but obviously a huge potential
Henderson - 4 - clearly flop of the match, can't believe some of the ratings on here tbh. Headless chicken running, zero pass accuracy and made wrong decisions throughout the whole game
Milner - 5.5 - at least his running had an effect, other than that pretty poor and at fault, along with Hendo, for our lack of control over the game
Lallana - 5 - I hate player that fall on their ***** every time they get touched
Ibe - 5 - was surprised how poor he was today. Didn't pass it enough and couldn't get past oppo's defense
Coutinho - 8 - didn't think he was great but gets the rating for winning the game, which is what matters at the end
Benteke - 7 - thought he did well but he had poor service. Refreshing to see someone like him upfront.

Subs
Can - 7 - changed the game when he came on, should start from now on really
Frimino - 7 - nice cameo
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:36 am

Mignolet - 6.5 - clean sheet but wasn't really tested or stretched by a skilled attack
Clyne - 7.0 - looked ok
Skrtel - 8.0 - great game, rock solid, MOTM.
Lovren - 7.0 - hopefully can put his demons behind him
Gomez - 6.5 - I wouldn't have playe him so early, not sure he's good enough yet but has another easy game next week before the Arsnal test
Henderson - 6.0 -  ran a lot and created chances. He likes running apparently.
Milner - 6.0 - Needs to work it out with Hendo how they're going to work together - will get better
Lallana - 5.0 - No threat on goal. So whats his purpose?
Ibe - 5.5 - All arms and legs, jinking here and there and no threat whatsoever. Sterling Mk11.
Coutinho - 8 - Great lad. Stopped trying to pass and belted it. Hello?
Benteke - 7 - Needs to be more predictable so his team mates can provide a better service
Subs
Can - 7 - I like this lad even though he played some howlers last season
Frimino - 6 - Blooded.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:46 am

Mignolet - 6 nothing much to do. Read the free kick very well when the stoke attackers missed the ball.
Clyne - 7 did well
Skrtel - 7 did well
Lovren - 7 did well
Gomez - 5 our worst defender in the game
Henderson - 6 did ok
Milner - 6 did ok, worked hard
Lallana - 5 had a bad game
Ibe - 5 had a bad game, ran into blind alleys
Coutinho - 8 , due to the winner, performance wise probably 7
Benteke - 6 worked hard but don't have much to show for

Subs
Can - 7 stabilized the midfield when he came on
Frimino - 6 good ball control and possession, good passing, good cameo
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Mig - 7
CLyne - 7
Lovren - 7
Skrtel - 7
Gomez - 7
Hendo - 6
Milner - 6
Lallana - 6
ibe - 7
Coutinho - 8
Benteke - 6

Subs
Can - 7
Firminio - 6

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:27 pm

Oh, right, this was my job

Stoke vs Liverpool player's average (by 12 voters):

Mignolet – 6.9

Clyne - 7
Skrtel - 7.1
Lovren – 7.2
Gomez - 6.3

Henderson - 5.5
Milner - 6.2

Ibe – 5.5
Lallana – 4.7
Coutinho - 8

Benteke - 6.2

Subs (by 12 voters):

Can - 7.2
Frimino - 6.5

Newkit man of the match: Philippe Coutinho
Newkit flop of the match: Adam Lallana
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:37 pm

damjan193 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:27 pm wrote:Oh, right, this was my job

Stoke vs Liverpool player's average (by 12 voters):

Mignolet – 6.9

Clyne - 7
Skrtel - 7.1
Lovren – 7.2
Gomez - 6.3

Henderson - 5.5
Milner - 6.2

Ibe – 5.5
Lallana – 4.7
Coutinho - 8

Benteke - 6.2

Subs (by 12 voters):

Can - 7.2
Frimino - 6.5

Newkit man of the match: Philippe Coutinho
Newkit flop of the match: Adam Lallana

Great work as always Damjan  :bowdown
I really appreciate all the effort you put in to work out those averages. Nice to see quite a few people giving their ratings too, long may it continue.
If I ever have a spare half an hour or I'm ever bored I like to look through this thread, fascinating reading.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Thanks yakka, your appreciation is much appreciated :D

And yes, the number of people giving their ratings surprised me as well, might be the highest number yet. Long may it continue.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Liverpool V Bournemouth - 17th August 2015

Mignolet - 7 - nothing to do
Clyne - 8 - very solid, the real deal
Skrtel - 7 - solid
Lovren - 7 - another decent game
Gomez - 8 - very impressive in possesion
Milner - 8 - had a really good game apart from that awful freekick routine
Hendo - 6 - didn't look right, went off injured
Lallana - 5 - being generous
Coutinho - 7 - tried and tried but nothing came off for him tonight
Ibe - 5 - marked out of the match
Benteke - 8 - very pleased for his goal, nearly got a second, his touch, distribution all excellent

Subs
Moreno - 7 - looked good in that wide forward role
Can - 8 - what an engine on this guy
Firmino - 6 - didn't really have time to put his stamp on the match

Man of the match - Benteke (goals change games)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion