Resurrected Player Ratings, last match.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Mignolet - 6 - made a few Ok saves but his distribution was horrible. Could do nothing about the goal
Johnson - 4 - good thing they didn't attack from his side from the start
Skrtel - 7
Agger - 7
Flanagan - 7 - one bad moment doesn't mean a bad game. Sunderland were constantly attacking on his side and he handled them well. He should have done better for the goal but the ball should have been headed away earlier as well
Gerrard - 7.5 - good goal and performed well in the first half but should have been better when Sunderland started pressing
Allen - 5 - nowhere to be found
Henderson - 5 - not as bad as Allen but still not good enough
Coutinho - 8 - good game
Suarez - 6 - caused a lot of trouble but was more worried about scoring than just winning the game
Sturridge - 7

Subs:
Sterling - 6
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Mignolet - 6 - Didn't have anything to do. Didn't do much wrong...

Johnson - 6 - Got forward well, moved well, was steady in possession and solid defensively but largely untested.
Skrtel - 7 - Solid, made a terrific block and defended well.
Agger - 7 - Composed and solid and defended well when called upon.
Flannagan - 7 - Used the ball well and got forward well, made a superb tackle to prevent a certain attempted shot.

Gerrard - 8 - Liability won a few headers, tackled, passed, kept it ticking, pure quality again. Just wish Lucas would start instead... :laugh:
Henderson - 7 - Nearly an 8 but should have done better with a bit of a sitter. Has definitely grown this season.
Coutinho - 8 - Great goal and loads of intelligent play... class!

Sterling - 8 - Some fantastic skill and his work rate is fabulous. Absolutely outstanding, nearly MOM...
Sturridge - 6 - Didn't have a great game but didn't do much wrong, movement was decent and hold up play was solid.
Suarez - 9 - Ridiculous season, think he's had 4 bad/average games all season, the amount of goals is unbelievable.

Subs:
Allen - 6 - Solid, kept it ticking.
Lucas and Moses, not on long enough to make a difference.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Liverpool v Spurs

Mignolet -10

Johnson - 10
Skrtel - 10
Agger - 10
Flannagan - 10

Gerrard - 10
Henderson - 10
Coutinho - 10

Sterling - 10
Sturridge -10
Suarez - 10

Subs:
Allen - 10
Lucas -  10
Moses - 10

Some might think my point award is over the top, but I can't find it within myself to criticise any players performance.

You can call me biased,   :D      :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Mignolet - 7 - Decent today ,and looked a lot more authoritative.
Johnson - 6 - significantly better than against the Mackem's ,but still our weakest link at the back,but played with a lot more heart earlier.   
Skrtel - 8 - Thought it was one of the big fellas best games ,some brilliant interceptions.
Agger - 7 - Like Martin he threw himself into blocks and tackles to prevent any Spudz threat.
Flannagan - 9 - Classy performance ,quality defender ,and Cafu is bang on with his appraisal.
Gerrard - 7 - Decent performance ,and kept the play neat and tidy. 
Henderson - 9 - I think he was one of triplets and they were all out there today ,broke up and anticipated all of Spudz play .
Coutinho - 9 - Mesmeric at times ,and great slot
Sterling - 9 - His pace is unbelievable ,and his strength when holding the ball up is possibly the best I've seen since Dalglish. 
Sturridge - 8 -Some intricate play including deft backheels ,and on any other day they would have all come off.   
Suarez - 9 - Incomparable to any footballer player currently plying his trade

Subs
Allen -6-retained our rigidity and gave us other options ,but a certain amount of fluidity went when the brilliance of Coutz was withdrawn. 
Lucas- 6- kept us flowing, and gave us a more solid middle .
Moses -5 Didn't really have the time to do much

Rodgers 10
Got his tactics bang on ,and has us all believing.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Mignolet- 7, not much to do.  Distribution today was better.
Johnson- 7, looked much better, also had support from Sterling which helped
Skrtel- 8, critical block, good with his passing and looked really comfortable
Agger- 7, Nothing wrong with his performance, just didn't have much to do
Flannagan- 8, could be a 9, but without much to do at the back... His turn and foreward movement and then pass to Coutinho was brilliant.
Gerrard- 8.  Extra point for not getting a yellow by reading the game well and being able to make his challenges early, great distribution as always.
Henderson- 9.  Work rate was massive all day.  never let a Spurs midfielder have a comfortable moment.  Yeah he missed a great chance but ended up getting his goal
                       For all of the moaning about how much money Spurs spent on midfielders and how they would improve us.  Well another performance from Hendo that showed
                       why it wasn't necessary for us to do the same.
Coutinho-9  Brilliant all day long.  Great goal, worked harder than in past games. 
Sterling-9.  My MOTM.  Was immense today.  Great composure on the ball.  Great strength on the ball.  Great tracking back.  Maybe was a bit unselfish but showed great maturity.
Surridge-7 Great hold up play, very unselfish, ran his socks off
Suarez-8 Great touches.  brilliant goal.

For me it was the incredible job by our midfield that won this game.  The constant pressure simply overwhelmed Spurs.

Top of the table heading into April with our fate in our own hands.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:36 am

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:36 pm wrote:Liverpool v Spurs

Mignolet -10

Johnson - 10
Skrtel - 10
Agger - 10
Flannagan - 10

Gerrard - 10
Henderson - 10
Coutinho - 10

Sterling - 10
Sturridge -10
Suarez - 10

Subs:
Allen - 10
Lucas -  10
Moses - 10

Some might think my point award is over the top, but I can't find it within myself to criticise any players performance.

You can call me biased,   :D      :buttrock

I concur  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 am

Mignolet - 8

Johnson - 8
Skrtel - 8
Agger - 8
Flannagan - 9

Gerrard - 8
Henderson - 9
Coutinho - 9

Sterling - 9
Sturridge -8
Suarez - 9
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 am

Mignolet - 8

Johnson - 9 - best game this year, was responsible for a large part of our attacking intent down the right
Skrtel - 9 - immense performance, he was imperious yesterday
Agger - 7
Flannagan - 9 - I love Flanno, he looks top quality

Gerrard - 8
Henderson - 9 - looks like he could rise to the very top of world football
Coutinho - 9

Sterling - 9
Sturridge -7
Suarez - 9 - possibly the best player in the world right now and one of the best I've watched in a Red shirt.

Rodgers 10 - I think our team performances and setup are now surpassing the second half of 08-09, we are so balanced and cohesive.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:23 pm

Mignolet - 7 - Good game ,was steady and solid when needed.
Johnson - 8 - Can't avoid it ,had a GOOD game ,involved in the goals ,attacked well and defended well.
Skrtel - 9 - Focused ,aggressive ,no mistakes and some heroics interceptions. 
Agger - 7 - Was ok ,seems a bit pale and not concentrated.
Flannagan - 9 - This lad is just a smart football player ,aggressive when required and calm when needed
Gerrard - 8 - directed the game kept the flow of the game
Henderson - 8 -For Effort he gets a 10 still needs to calm down where it counts.
Coutinho - 9 - great game ,danced on the pitch today and got a goal to show for ,was so happy for him.
Sterling - 9 - Another great game ,similar to couthinho pure pleasure ,the way he turns on a dime and sprints off is an unstoppable weapon
Sturridge - 7 - Good game, worked hard some good connections but nothing more then the ordinary. 
Suarez - 7 - Worked his a$$ off but at times more for himself then for the team ,i thought his goal was amazing but a lot of his other actions were wasteful ,misplaced passes and running into a wall.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Mignolet - 7 - Feeble for their goal, but generally solid, some good handling and distributed ok. Needs to get less height on kicks and more distance.

Johnson - 6 - Best run of form I've ever seen from him, just at the right time. Fair game.
Skrtel - 7 - Good game, done well.
Sahko - 7 - Used the ball well and looked largely untroubled.
Flannagan - 7 - Done well in parts and use of the ball is good.

Gerrard - 8 - The liability is still winning us games at 33.
Henderson - 6 - Ran his ***** off but didn't do much. Involved in a lot of nothing.
Coutinho - 5 - Awful game, sometimes it happens.

Sterling - 7 - No end product but a lot of promise and hard work.
Suarez - 7 - All over the show but was unusually wasteful.
Sturridge - 4 - The odd moment but sulked and was lazy.

Subs:

Lucas - 6 - Steady, kept it moving.
Toure - 6 - Won a couple of important headers.

Work rate from the team: 10
Quality: 5
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Mignolet - 6 - not much to do bar take a few punches from Carroll. Should sue him for assault.
Johnson - 7 - thought he had a good game
Skrtel - 8 - I usually deduct a point for not keeping a clean sheet but due to the nature of their goal I'll make an exception this time. Anyway, great game by Skrtel
Sakho - 7 - solid
Flanagan - 7
Gerrard - 8
Henderson - 6
Coutinho - 6 - didn't think he was that bad
Sterling - 7
Suarez - 6
Sturridge - 5 - awful today

Subs:
Lucas - 7 - gets a point plus for the pass to Flanagan
Toure - 6
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Mignolet - 7 - I defy any goalkeeper to retain the ball when Carroll forgets its football he's playing.
Johnson - 6 - Ok today and seemed pretty solid ,but he still allowed players to come inside far too easily.
Skrtel - 7 - Strong as he needed to be .
Sahko - 8 - Immense and brought the ball out of play with real aplomb
Flannagan - 8 -I'm with Cafu on this ,his run on to Lucas's delicious pass was intuitive and in principle won us the game. 
Gerrard - 8 - Brilliant distribution and his passing was so crisp today ,and the lad has balls of steel to step up and take that last penalty.   
Henderson - 7 -His energy is a potent weapon ,and he used it fully if a touch sloppily .
Coutinho - 6 - Basically marked heavily out of the game ,seeing a similar level of attention that Suarez is regularly afforded from opposing defenders.   
Sterling - 7 - I thought the kid looked unplayable at times in the second half ,and his link up play with Suarez could have gifted us a few more goals.   
Suarez - 7 - Moments of genius ,carried along as always on the back of 100 % commitment,however its becoming a real feature of how he's failing to pick out his strike partner with the ease he was doing so earlier in the season.     
Sturridge - 6 One sweet little back heel flick to play Suarez in ,but his games suffering a bit with Luis inability to find him with a pass of late.

Subs
Lucas 7  Kept us in control of the middle when he was introduced and slid a beautiful pass in for Flanagan for the resulting penalty .
Toure 5 Some decent clearances ,but still makes me nervous when he's introduced.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:40 pm

LFC V MAN CITY RATINGS

Mignolet 7 - 1 great save in the first half
Johnson 5
Skrtel 6
Sakho 6
Flanagan 7
Gerrard 8
Henderson 6
Coutinho 8
Sterling 8
Suarez 7
Sturridge 5

Subs:
Allen 7
Moses - not enough time
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:53 pm

Mignolet - 4 - One good save in the first half but was very shakey, slow off his line, poor communication. Distribution was decent.

Johnson - 4 - Cr*p. Leave...
Skrtel - 6 - Great goal, superb first half, shocking second half.
Sahko - 7 - Was lucky with penalty decision but generally solid.
Flannagan - 6 - Solid in parts but had a shakey twenty minutes. Passes the ball well and keeps it simple.

Gerrard - 7 - Faded second half, should have scored, passed the ball well and a few good tackles.
Henderson - 7 - Covered a lot of ground, lacked authority but was solid and tidy.
Coutinho - 9 - Great goal, great skill, great vision, quality.

Sterling - 8 - What a player this kid is turning out to be. Great goal, just faded second half slightly.
Suarez - 8 - Industry and skill. Best player I've seen in a red shirt, at the centre of everything, every game.
Sturridge - 5 - TEAM BEFORE YOUSELF!!!!! :veryangry

Rodgers: 10 - Made the correct change at the right time, biggest game of the season and tactically astute. :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Mignolet - 5 - Well, same as the rest of the season. not the reason we win....

Johnson - 5 - Eh, on the opponents half, good. On his own half, very poor.
Skrtel - 7 - Thought had had an exceptional game, except the last 30 min. Still the glue that keeps our backline somewhat together as noone else does it.
Sahko - 6 - Was ok, just act clumsily and make erratic choices sometimes.
Flannagan - 6 - A mixed bag. Tried to make the right decisions but sometimes it didn't turn well out.

Gerrard - 8 - As long as he had energy left he was great. Has been great in the 2nd half of the season as a whole.
Henderson - 6- Did was he always do. Run alot for the whole team. He has his role on the team and he does it very well. -1 For the unnecessary card as we will miss him.
Coutinho - 7 - Too selfish at times and little end product(until the goal). Worked better than he used to today which is a plus.

Sterling - 8 - Probably his best performance in a red shirt. If he had kept that up the whole game it would had been a 10. Like Stevie understandibly lost steam towards the end of the game.
Suarez - 7 - Tried alot and was a good team player today. Just was missing that last thing and the city defenders did well stopping him.
Sturridge - 5 - Tried too little in such a  game and was not a team player. Wasteful and didn't have touch all game.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion