Resurrected Player Ratings, last match.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby fivecups » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:04 pm wrote:Mignolet - 5 - Wasn't to bad apart from the first goal. Shot went through him.

Johnson - 0 - Disgrace to the shirt.
Skrtel - 6 - Wasn't bad, defended well against Ba.
Sahko - 7 - Was excellent through out.
Flannagan - 6 - Didn't put a foot wrong but couldn't really influence the play.

Gerrard - 7 - Mistake aside played well, tried his best to atone for the error.
Lucas - 4 - Typical nothing performance.
Allen - 5 - Tried but didn't have a good game.
Coutinho - 6 - Faded badly, wasted possession after a bright start.

Sterling - 6 - Always trying to make things happen, just didn't have that extra bit of quality.
Suarez - 5 - Tried his best but nothing was coming off, still our most likely goal threat.

Subs -

Sturridge - 3 - Awful, hardly had a touch and stupidly lost the ball for the last goal.
Aspas - 1 - Won a tackle amoung giving it away every other time he had it.

Rodgers - 0 - Naive and predictable. Anyone with half a clue could have seen that coming today and he should have set us up not to get beat. Did not learn from the game at their ground. Must learn his lesson.

Only disgrace here is your ratings. You knob.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:44 pm

Season 2014/2015

Liverpool vs Southampton

Mignolet - 8 - Was a bit flappy but that save that hit the crossbar gives him the high rating
Manquillo - 7 - Seemed nervous but he gave it his all. Tracked his player the whole time, made a few good interceptions and tackles.
Skrtel - 9 - Doubt anyone would agree but he was my MOTM. Was very exposed but he never failed to do his job.
Lovren - 7 - Seemed pretty steady, made some good decisions and won a few duels. Was a bit naive on few occasions though, like the one for their goal.
Johnson - 5 - Did nothing
Gerrard - 7 - Maybe a bit generous from me because he couldn't control the midfield at all but I thought he delivered some good passes in the first half and gave 110% in the second.
Lucas - 4 - Did nothing
Henderson - 8 - Ran his socks off and made a good assist. Couldn't control the midfield on his own.
Coutinho - 6 - He tried but didn't do much, was contained well by Soton players.
Sterling - 8 - A goal and an assist.
Sturridge - 7 - scored a goal, did his job I guess.

Subs:
Allen - 5 - Didn't help much
Lambert - 6 - I thought he had a bit to do in scoring the second. We looked more threatening when he came on.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Mignolet- 8 - He did look a bit nervy at times, but he had 3 world class saves that kept us in it.
Manquillo- 7 - He had to play with a yellow card for most the game that inconsistent clattenburg probably shouldn't have given him, but was by far our better fullback.
Skrtel- 7 - He was strong in the air and on the ground
Lovren- 8 - Very happy with his leadership in the back.
Johnson- 3 - Did nothing right and continues to put zero effort in to anything he does, especially on the defensive side of things.
Gerrard- 5 - I thought he was really poor and anonymous most of the game.
Lucas- 5 - Same as Gerrard
Hendo- 7 - Worked his socks off and had to make up for the rest of the midfield
Coutinho- 6 - Started alright, but quickly seemed to disappear.
Sterling- 8 - Goal and assist, and everything seemed to go thru him. I've said it before, this guy will be our best player this season.
Sturridge- 7 - Only because he scored a goal or I'd give him a 6. Was ok at times, but seemed to be missing at times. Probably not completely his fault.

Subs:
Allen- 7 - I actually thought he played with a lot of desire today, and worked as hard as anybody.
Lambert- 6 - Little anonymous, but it did seem we had better control after he came on.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Liverpool vs Southampton

Mignolet - 7 - Would have given him a lower score but pulled off a great save at the end to secure the points
Manquillo - 7 - Looked a decent prospect
Skrtel - 8 - Solid
Lovren - 8 - Solid
Johnson - 4 - Useless  :censored:
Gerrard - 5 - Very poor today, really needs Hendo or Can alongside him to bring out his best
Lucas - 4 - Useless  :censored:
Henderson - 9 - Outstanding performance and player, future club captain perhaps ?
Coutinho - 6 - Was marked out of the match, not his fault
Sterling - 8 - Class
Sturridge - 6 - Didn't do a great deal but scored the important winner
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Mignolet - 7
Manquillo - 4
Skrtel - 7
Lovren - 7
Johnson - 4
Gerrard - 6
Lucas - 4
Henderson - 8
Coutinho - 3
Sterling - 7
Sturridge - 6

Subs:
Allen - 6
Lambert - 4
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Mingolet - 7  his outstanding shot stopping ability salvaged an otherwise shaky display.
Manquillo - 7 started nervously but grew into the game, made at least one vital last ditch challenge just as a Southampton player was about to pull the trigger.
Skrtel - 8  fine display from Martin, the only time he was caught out of position was when Mingolet pushed that one onto the bar but other than that one instance he was a rock
Lovren - 8  got a bit rattled in the second half when Southampton piled on the pressure but overall he was solid, wouldn't blame him for the goal, that was just a great move by Southampton.
Johnson - 5  not as bad as some are making out but not very good either
Gerrard - 4  not a natural DM and it shows, dominated by the likes of Ward-Prowse and Schneiderlin
Lucas - 4  like Gerrard offered very little
Henderson - 8  clearly our best CM by a mile, superb in the build up to the goal but for some reason seemed to be playing right midfield for most of the game which was odd when Gerrard and Lucas obviously needed help.
Coutinho - 5  poor game from Phil but like Raheem and Daniel he was feeding off scraps
Sterling - 6  took his goal superbly but struggled to impose himself on the game, the fact our midfield were getting their @rses handed to them didn't help
Sturridge - 6  classic poachers goal, the likes of Rush and Lineker built a career out of scoring those. Thought his hold up play wasn't the best though. Like all our forwards suffered from the fact that the midfield didn't give him the platform to perform from.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Mignolet - 6 great shot stopped and arguably saved the game but everytime a cross goes I in wince
Manquillo - 6 started nervous but grew into the game, reckon he'll be solid once he's settled
Skrtel - 7  much better from our very own nutcase, still suspect positionally - for the goal he was miles away from Lovren, but it looks like Lovren may sort him out and bring him back to his best
Lovren - 8  he's gonna be our best signing this window
Johnson - 5  if Moreno doesn't kick this guy our of the side we're gonna have problems
Gerrard - 4  as above, not a natural DM and it shows, needs someone solid nearby and Lucas clearly isn't the answer, don't want to see Lucas and Gerrard in the same side again, one or the other for me
Lucas - 4  as Gerrard but vice versa
Henderson - 8  is going to become a vital cog in the wheel
Coutinho - 5  was he playing?
Sterling - 7  didn't impose himself strongly but if something's going to happen it'll involve him. He's gonna be cracking this season
Sturridge - 6  classic poachers goal, didn't note a lot else but strikers getting goals is never a problem
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Mignolet - 7 Was alert enough to stop a certain goal from Davies 
Manquillo - 7 The lad likes a tackle ,and looked fearless   
Skrtel - 7 Decent display when paired with Lovren
Lovren - 8 Commanding performance ,and his positioning was excellent throughout.
Johnson - 3 How Clyne was allowed to waltz into that chasm he vacated is best left for a shrink to explain.     
Gerrard -4 Good whipped in free kick ,but there was a time you could say a lot more about his game   
Lucas - 4 Worst performance in a reds shirt Ive seen from the lad  ,looks for all the world like he knows he's on his way out.
Henderson - 8 Best midfielder on the park today ,and his ball for Sterling after battling with Schneider for the ball was weighted perfectly.
Coutinho - 4 Koeman and the Southampton midfield really did a job on young  Philippe today ,never gave him any time on the ball.
Sterling - 8 Looks to have the capacity to bring the managers belief in his ability to fruition,raised his game significantly 
Sturridge - 6 Scored the important goal ,so I suppose if your a striker who flits in and out of games its a potent weapon to have. 

Subs:
Allen - 7 Thought his introduction limited Southampton's dominance in the middle.
Lambert - 5 Gave their defence something else to think about ,affording more opportunity for Sturridge and Co.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Mignolet -6
Manquilo- 5
Lovren -8
Skertle - 7
Johnson - 3
Gerrard -5
Lucas -4
Hendo - 9 love this guy
Countinho-6
Sterling -7
Sturridge-6

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Mignolet -8 ,The save in the dying minutes deserves a 10 ,overall performance very good.
Manquilo- 7 ,For First appearance at Anfield played good ,quick ,alert ,aggressive ,defensively i'm sold still need to show his attacking skills.
Lovren - 7 ,did Ok nothing more then the ordinary
Skertle - 8 ,Very good today ,led the defense.
Johnson - 3 ,Nothing beats retiring yet still playing for Liverpool - Shame on BR
Gerrard -5 ,Great long passes and set pieces but can't hold the MF ,should slowly be phased out - great challenge for BR
Lucas -3 ,see Glen
Hendo - 8  ,Great match and a beautiful setup for goal.
Countinho-5 ,anonymous ,yes covered by the Saints but hey that's what the other team is supposed to do ,must be more available.
Sterling -8 ,involved in both goals ,great composure in the first ,looks much more mature and dangerous.
Sturridge-6 ,pretty calm and barely involved yet was their to win the game.

Allen - 7 ,thought his energy boost provided the setup for the goal ,can't believe Lucas got the wave in before him.
Lambert - 5 ,he is going to struggle in this team.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Mignolet -7 , looked a bit uncertain at times, but the save at the end really lift up his score.
Manquilo- 6, did ok for a debut, but looked a but edgy at times.
Lovren - 7 , a well rounded debut
Skertle - 8 , As usual, Skrtel continues on from last season leading the defense
Johnson - 3 , pls Brendan ,whatever the contract says, get rid!
Gerrard - 6, did ok, but showed signs of struggle at times. I hopes he gets in to gear the longer the season goes, to which I am sure
Lucas -3, never really liked Lucas and has really fallen of the face of the earth these past 2 seasons. Never play him with Gerrard, in fact never play him!
Hendo - 8, Hendo continues on to grow as a player which is a delight to see. Great assist and great work ethic as usual.
Countinho- 4, just plain poor. He needs to work harder in these games when he is being marked. Too lazy when the ball doesn't come to him on a silver platter.
Sterling -9, continued on from last season. Much more deadly in front of goal than a season ago and also a very good team player now.
Sturridge- 7, a bit selfish at times, but hey, he is a striker and scored the all important goal.

Allen - 6, for a sub did reasonably well.
Lambert - 5, well, I hope he will remain an impact sub and not a starter during the entire campaign
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Mignolet - 6 - couple of decent stops but generally looked shakey.

Manquillo - 6 - Positive six, he defended well and kept it simple. Good solid first game.
Skrtel - 5 - Usual self, miles away from Lovren for their goal and an absoloute accident waiting to happen. Cant believe he still gets a game.
Lovren - 8 - Best player on the pitch, has a massive job this season doing the work of five men, was excellent throughout.
Johnson - 1 - Excellent by his own standards, actually managed to complete three or four basic passes.

Gerrard - 4 - Really starting to struggle, looks a yard slower than last season.
Lucas - 3 - Tried, but to say was none existant is an understatement. Outclassed by Schneiderlin and Wanyama.
Henderson - 7 - Held his own and had a go.

Sterling - 8 - Great goal and good assist. Was a threat, second half was too deep though.
Coutinho - 6 - Why is he playing wide? Stupid!!!
Sturridge - 3 - Cracking goal, was absolutely woeful apart from that.

Subs:
Allen - 6 - Sured up the midfield slightly.
Lambert - 6 - Held the ball up more in fifteen minutes than in Sturridge did all game.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:31 pm

I couldn't find the time to do the average earlier so here it is now. I'll try to do it as often as I can.

Liverpool vs Southampton player average rating (by 11 voters):

Mignolet - 7

Manquillo - 6.27
Skrtel - 7.36
Lovren - 7.63
Johnson - 3.54

Gerrard - 5
Lucas - 3.81
Henderson - 8

Sterling - 7.63
Coutinho - 5.09
Sturridge - 6

Subs (by 7 voters):

Allen - 6.28
Lambert - 5.28

Newkit man of the match : Jordan Henderson
Newkit flop of the match : Glen Johnson
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:32 pm

damjan193 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:31 pm wrote:I couldn't find the time to do the average earlier so here it is now. I'll try to do it as often as I can.

Liverpool vs Southampton player average rating (by 11 voters):

Mignolet - 7

Manquillo - 6.27
Skrtel - 7.36
Lovren - 7.63
Johnson - 3.54

Gerrard - 5
Lucas - 3.81
Henderson - 8

Sterling - 7.63
Coutinho - 5.09
Sturridge - 6

Subs (by 7 voters):

Allen - 6.28
Lambert - 5.28

Newkit man of the match : Jordan Henderson
Newkit flop of the match : Glen Johnson

Really like this idea of doing averages mate, good call :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks mate :) . Not my idea though, other posters were doing it in previous seasons.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion