Reds international fallout

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:44 am

RAFA: WE CAN NOW START WORKING PROPERLY

Paul Eaton 12 October 2006

Rafael Benitez is looking forward to working with his players over the coming months without the disruption of international football.

The Liverpool boss has been frustrated that so many Euro 2008 qualifiers have broken up the early weeks of the new Premiership season, but with the majority of his players now facing five months without international football, Benitez believes the Reds will kick on and get their league season up and running.

He said: "It's good that we can now plan for weeks ahead and prepare what we are going to do with the players. We can start working properly.

"It's been frustrating for all the managers that we have had so many international weekends, particularly coming straight after the World Cup.

"You want to work with your players, talk to them and show them videos. On many days this season we have only had a small number of players training and it has been difficult.

"I have said before that it won't be until November before we show our true level and I still believe that. We have a lot of work to do to improve, especially in defence, and it's important we start winning games and get our confidence high."

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:34 am

I saw that Jari bagged a goal for the Finns as well.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:12 pm

Kuyt maybe fit for saturday, Agger can play with a cast on his hand, Momo is injured hasnt trained all week, with a knock to his ankle.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:43 pm

I doubt Agger will play myself with a cast on saturday, although could be back playing in a cast within a few games.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby CardinalRed » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:39 pm

JBG wrote:I doubt Agger will play myself with a cast on saturday, although could be back playing in a cast within a few games.

Danny Agger will probably be back sooner than most think... The Pro's don't wear plaster casts the like's of which me and you would get on the NHS, they wear lightweight braces nowadays, some of which are cleared for use in games. Granted he may miss Saturday while the injury settles but can't see it being 4 or 5 weeks surely, any medical types out there who could give us any pointers?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:28 pm

JBG wrote:I saw that Jari bagged a goal for the Finns as well.

id have loved to see the fella have a longer stay at anfield...he could of been massive instead of briefly great.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion