International report

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:31 pm

Have to agree.....ever since the euro champs, it has been going downhill. Rooney seems to be the only player who makes england tick..... This is unbelievable looking at the talent that england has......

Even the england under 21s can beat wales & northen ireland.... Sven has to go. He was great when he 1st came (rememer germany 1 - liverpool 5 ?).....but it is getting stale now. Why does england has to play 4-5-1 against opposition like wales & northen ireland...?   :Oo:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:56 pm

I don't consider Sanchez to be foreign to us, I don't consider fellow Brit's as foreign at all wheather you're from England, Scotland or Wales. We are all British even though we're from different countries.

I also agree with Barry, we can we not be proud of our win last night? I think our boy's could learn England a thing or two about playing with heart!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:33 am

A.B. wrote:Status on our players that played today.

Finnland:
-Hyypia played in the whole game

According to Sky text last night Sami had flu and was withdrawn from the match.

anyone hear this?
FrankM

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:50 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I don't consider Sanchez to be foreign to us, I don't consider fellow Brit's as foreign at all wheather you're from England, Scotland or Wales. We are all British even though we're from different countries.

I also agree with Barry, we can we not be proud of our win last night? I think our boy's could learn England a thing or two about playing with heart!

THink your right there, your players and fans should be very proud, they pulled of the biggest win of their footballing careers in a match that counted.
We (england) were shocking, but thats not taking anything away from the irish lads who played above themselves.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:54 pm

According to Sky text last night Sami had flu and was withdrawn from the match.

anyone hear this?

As far as I know and according to FIFA.com, Sami played for Finland.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:31 am

I don't like starting a new thread unless necessary. Plus, It's always fun to recover old threads. So I thought appropiate to recover this one.

I'm worried mates. Spain plays against Slovakia to decide wether we are going to be in the World Championship. We might not get past of the quarter of finals, but not being there would be a complete disaster since we have been the last 8 WC.

Before judge eyaculates in a post that he wouldn't care about our future :talktothehand , I forward you that this post is Alonso related and might be of some interest for you.

FOr some strange reason, Luis Aragones hasn't summoned Joaquin for this match. And for some reason, he has decided to announce days before the match which starting eleven we are going to put in the pitch. Casillas, Salgado, Pablo, Puyol, Del Horno in the back, Alonso, Xavi, Reyes, Albelda in the middle , and Torres and Raul upfront.

The surprise here is that both Alonso, Xavi and Albelda are midfielders, under any circunstamces they play on the wing. Reyes will be nice on the left wing, but who will cover the gap in the right?. Apparently Albelda will do the stopper role, where as Xavi (Bar$a) and Alonso will interchange their positions between the right and the middle along the match  :O

I'm worried because I don't like big experiments in critical moments. I know I'm not the only one here that thinks Alonso is not designed to play on the wing and never will be, but let's see how this experiment works out on Saturday. Perhaps in one of those switches Alonso can send a wing to wing pass to look for a running Reyes, he has the ability to do that, but I don't know, I'll cross fingers.

If it does work, I'll start to think that maybe the option of sitting Luis Garcia on the bench when he's awful or needs some thinking, and putting Gerrard - Alonso to do the same experiment is a considerable option... Hamman (Why not, serious player) or Sissoko could complete the middle of the midfield. It would be another option.

The Others? Luis Garcia's Odds to enter the match have much to do with how will this experiment work. Reina although he's appreciated, won't never take the place to Casillas. And Morientes will have his minutes, if Torres does badly or at min 65 probably, I expect this to be one of the subs. Hopefully he'll score and earn confidence for our team. If you ask me I'd put Morientes in the starting eleven. While Torres has better pace and dribble, he's worse finisher, dribbles too much, and doesn't work the halve Moro does. If that's not enought, he's a :censored: brat, and poor decission maker.

I'll cross fingers now. I'll tell you how the experiment works, and please, let the injuries respect us.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:41 am

Sabre wrote:I don't like starting a new thread unless necessary. Plus, It's always fun to recover old threads. So I thought appropiate to recover this one.

I'm worried mates. Spain plays against Slovakia to decide wether we are going to be in the World Championship. We might not get past of the quarter of finals, but not being there would be a complete disaster since we have been the last 8 WC.

Before judge eyaculates in a post that he wouldn't care about our future :talktothehand , I forward you that this post is Alonso related and might be of some interest for you.

FOr some strange reason, Luis Aragones hasn't summoned Joaquin for this match. And for some reason, he has decided to announce days before the match which starting eleven we are going to put in the pitch. Casillas, Salgado, Pablo, Puyol, Del Horno in the back, Alonso, Xavi, Reyes, Albelda in the middle , and Torres and Raul upfront.

The surprise here is that both Alonso, Xavi and Albelda are midfielders, under any circunstamces they play on the wing. Reyes will be nice on the left wing, but who will cover the gap in the right?. Apparently Albelda will do the stopper role, where as Xavi (Bar$a) and Alonso will interchange their positions between the right and the middle along the match  :O

I'm worried because I don't like big experiments in critical moments. I know I'm not the only one here that thinks Alonso is not designed to play on the wing and never will be, but let's see how this experiment works out on Saturday. Perhaps in one of those switches Alonso can send a wing to wing pass to look for a running Reyes, he has the ability to do that, but I don't know, I'll cross fingers.

If it does work, I'll start to think that maybe the option of sitting Luis Garcia on the bench when he's awful or needs some thinking, and putting Gerrard - Alonso to do the same experiment is a considerable option... Hamman (Why not, serious player) or Sissoko could complete the middle of the midfield. It would be another option.

The Others? Luis Garcia's Odds to enter the match have much to do with how will this experiment work. Reina although he's appreciated, won't never take the place to Casillas. And Morientes will have his minutes, if Torres does badly or at min 65 probably, I expect this to be one of the subs. Hopefully he'll score and earn confidence for our team. If you ask me I'd put Morientes in the starting eleven. While Torres has better pace and dribble, he's worse finisher, dribbles too much, and doesn't work the halve Moro does. If that's not enought, he's a :censored: brat, and poor decission maker.

I'll cross fingers now. I'll tell you how the experiment works, and please, let the injuries respect us.

Sabre

Can't see it working, Albelda and Xabi are both central holding players, both quite similar in fact. To play one of them wide right is ridiculous, and Reyes is going to have to play very well for Torres and Raul to get good service from the wide areas.

But if Reyes has a poor game , I think you'll find Spain will look very one-dimensional, and will struggle to break Slovakia down.

Who on Earth isn't Aragones picking Joaquin? ??????
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:16 pm

That is a baffling selection.

Is there anything wrong with Joaquin's fitness or has he fallen out with the manager ?

To play players out of position in such a vital match is crazy.
I cant see Alonso being suited to the right midfield position at all...he doesn't have the pace, he will do ok due to how good a player he is, but he is hardly going to beat his man and get to the byline and produce crosses.
Where is Vicente as well ?
Is he substitute ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:36 pm

Sabre wrote:I don't like starting a new thread unless necessary. Plus, It's always fun to recover old threads. So I thought appropiate to recover this one.

Sabre

saaaaaaaaaaaabre  :veryangry

why  :D

judge
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:36 pm

oh you pedantic b@stard judge!  :D
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:38 pm

do you mean ''oh you fucking pedantic shite lfc#1''

:pirate   :rasp
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:39 pm

Judge wrote:do you mean ''oh you fucking pedantic shite lfc#1''

EH?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:44 pm

That is a baffling selection.

Is there anything wrong with Joaquin's fitness or has he fallen out with the manager ?

Pah, I think he's getting senile. He has stated for the disbelief of all crowd that right now there are players on better form. I hardly think Luis Garcia is doing better than Joaquin... I just think it's some sort of message to make clear that anybody must struggle for a place in the team.

Yes, Vicente is summoned, but he's not expected to be in the starting eleven.

More news, in the training session of this morning, he's made another experiment! this one worse than the previous one: drop Alonso, and put Luis Garcia on the right.

Albelda is good, he used to be better than Alonso recovering balls, but definitely worse in passing and vision of the game. But I think ALonso has learnt a lot of how to recover balls in Liverpool. I just don't know what Aragones is thinking, but if we don't pass the eliminatory, there will be riots.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:45 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Judge wrote:do you mean ''oh you fucking pedantic shite lfc#1''

EH?

i was trying to show what was underneath the censors!!

but changed the name to lfc#1, droll i know
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:47 pm

oh it read site initially, not sh!te. Neway it was droll, no surprise there I guess. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion