Wednesday international friendlies - Why god? why?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sito no9 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Knowing our luck Torres will get injured. How many times did he get injured last season when he went of to play for Spain?? Me thinks twice... Not what we need right now.. Absolutely pointless this friendly anyway the players will be think about their respective clubs... :angry:
Sito no9

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:41 pm

heimdall wrote:
KennyisGod....still wrote:I agree the friendlies are a waste of time but the Norway Scots game aint a friendly its a qualifier. The SFA did try to get it back to in-season but to no avail. Need a damn good result to make 2nd place, and I may be mistaken, tho I dont think so, no players from our game are involved so I expect a full bloodied encounter with bandages and splints bein required by the norwegians after a famous Scots victory!! That an I'v got me tickets for Macedonia and Holland an I really want those games to mean somethin when we play em!!

Friendlies are a joke tho.

Norway is going to kick Scotland's :censored:, I've got tickets for the game, really looking forward to it. I agree that friendlies are a bit :censored:, but playing a very in form Holland should be a good test for England, plus it's another competitive pre-season game for the lads so where's the harm?

I'd say good luck an may the best team win but i really dont care how we do it!! that iwelhumo miss at Hampden haunts me to this day! At least our game aint pointless, tho i desperately hope Norway will be!!
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:40 pm

The spanish lads should sit this one out after all they played in the confederations cup.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:09 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:
heimdall wrote:
KennyisGod....still wrote:I agree the friendlies are a waste of time but the Norway Scots game aint a friendly its a qualifier. The SFA did try to get it back to in-season but to no avail. Need a damn good result to make 2nd place, and I may be mistaken, tho I dont think so, no players from our game are involved so I expect a full bloodied encounter with bandages and splints bein required by the norwegians after a famous Scots victory!! That an I'v got me tickets for Macedonia and Holland an I really want those games to mean somethin when we play em!!

Friendlies are a joke tho.

Norway is going to kick Scotland's :censored:, I've got tickets for the game, really looking forward to it. I agree that friendlies are a bit :censored:, but playing a very in form Holland should be a good test for England, plus it's another competitive pre-season game for the lads so where's the harm?

I'd say good luck an may the best team win but i really dont care how we do it!! that iwelhumo miss at Hampden haunts me to this day! At least our game aint pointless, tho i desperately hope Norway will be!!

Yeah that miss was incredible.
heimdall

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 am

Stevie has been withdrawn from the squad with a groin problem. Hope this is just Rafa being sly and he is not actually injured.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:25 pm

I read it was a precaution, the best precaution would be not having pointless friendlies this close to the start of the season. Why not have them while clubs are playing pre-season friendlies?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Anyone watch the match?

Kuyt did very well, Babel was fairly good, Johnson wasnt bad..
Fauxy

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

Torres and Reira scored. Torres played about 70 minutes.

Babel tore Glen Johno a new @rsehole.  :Oo:
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Was there a game on?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:40 pm

red37 wrote:Was there a game on?

Too bloody right there was, Norway hammered Scotland 4-0  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :D
heimdall

Postby Fauxy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Yeh Babel completely destroyed johnson, but its still the same old Babel.. he gets past his man and then cant do anything more
Fauxy

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:50 pm

heimdall wrote:

Too bloody right there was, Norway hammered Scotland 4-0  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :D

Jolly good.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:58 pm

red37 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Jolly good.

Hey mod, you forgot the  :)

Was there a need for a sarcastic reply though, are you Scottish or something? Nah you can't be, all the Scots I met today were great guys with good humour.
heimdall

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Fauxy wrote:Anyone watch the match?

Kuyt did very well, Babel was fairly good, Johnson wasnt bad..

Yep, except I thought Kuyt did very well for about 45' - looked nice and sharp, whereas Babel and Johnson simply weren't good enough. Johnson was rusty, Babel his usual.
LFC2007

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:06 pm

heimdall wrote:
red37 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Jolly good.

Hey mod, you forgot the  :)

Was there a need for a sarcastic reply though, are you Scottish or something? Nah you can't be, all the Scots I met today were great guys with good humour.

What on earth are you twittering about?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion