The international break?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 am

Will it effect our next performances? I pray to god it wont Gerrards like a man possessed wanting to get his hands on the trophey.

People are saying it will be the mancs advantage to regroup but I am not so sure because when you have bad results you want to put that right straight away, whereas they will have over two weeks to stew over it.

Our spanish contingent play in Turkey late on the wednesday night and Masch plays at the other side of the world on the wednesday. I dont think Lucas has been called up has he?
So maybe he will have to play if Masch has jet lag.

I believe the footballing gods are with us I just dont want it to stop.

SATURDAY

Wales v Finland  Q Hyypia
England v Slovakia  F Gerrard, Skrytel
Malta V Denmark   Q Agger
Montenegrio v Italy  Q The Doss
Holland v Scotland    Q babel, Kuyt
Spain v Turkey  Q  Torres, Reina, Arbeloa, Reira, Alonso
Argentina v Venzeula  Q Mascherano

Wednesday

Norway v Finland  F
Turkey v Spain  Q
Denmark v Albania  Q
Greece v Israel  Q Benayoun
Czech v Slovakia  Q
Holland v Macedomia  Q
England v Ukraine  Q
Bolivia v Argentina  Q Masch
Brazil v Peru  Thurs  Q
N'Gog is in France U21 V England U21's Tuesday.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:47 am

i hate the international break

masha is going to be fecked....

hopefully srktel will stay away from SG( and hopefully SG hasn't upset the mad axe murdering looking mofo)

can't do with watching england during the season as i get sick of all the 1966 boll@cks that is rolled out ever game, and every one kissin ferdiands :censored:, let the cockneys put there own team in i say

please just don't let this hurt our push and form at the moment with a bad knock to any of our lads other than tossena
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:50 am

I'm concerned about this too.

BTW, I'd swear the other day a fellow red posted something about Torres and the confederation cup but I can't find it.

I bring no good news about this because Spanish F.A. will be very untolerant. Iniesta, who has a report of the Barcelona docs not to play in the international game, has been forced to double check the diagnostic with the F.A. docs. Which means, that it won't be enough to say from here "Torres is knackered or can't play". It will be double checked by the Spanish docs.

Plus they see that confederation cup as some sort of "big test" for the world cup so I'm afraid our Torres won't have a rest this season neither, and the next neither. It's very worrying indeed.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:00 am

Sabre wrote:I'm concerned about this too.

BTW, I'd swear the other day a fellow red posted something about Torres and the confederation cup but I can't find it.

I bring no good news about this because Spanish F.A. will be very untolerant. Iniesta, who has a report of the Barcelona docs not to play in the international game, has been forced to double check the diagnostic with the F.A. docs. Which means, that it won't be enough to say from here "Torres is knackered or can't play". It will be double checked by the Spanish docs.

Plus they see that confederation cup as some sort of "big test" for the world cup so I'm afraid our Torres won't have a rest this season neither, and the next neither. It's very worrying indeed.

big test? against Iraq, South Africa, and New Zealand?  :D   Torres should just fly in for the semis
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah that was me. I posted it in World Football section.

But yeah with this break I hope everyone comes back without any injuries. Utd though have some suspensions so that will still affect their next few performances hopefully.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 am

JoeTerp wrote:

big test? against Iraq, South Africa, and New Zealand?  :D   Torres should just fly in for the semis

:D He would finish his job in 1st 30 minutes
RobinHood6969

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:22 am

big test? against Iraq, South Africa, and New Zealand?     Torres should just fly in for the semis

South Africa is tougher than New Zealand and Iraq, perhaps South AFrica's level is similar to USA? I don't expect them to be exactly easy at their home.

Anyway by big test I meant the semis and the finals, not the training-easy games (known as pachangas in local footie slang) :D

As for this international break, just cross fingers. :(
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:25 am

Sabre wrote:
big test? against Iraq, South Africa, and New Zealand?     Torres should just fly in for the semis

South Africa is tougher than New Zealand and Iraq, perhaps South AFrica's level is similar to USA? I don't expect them to be exactly easy at their home.

Anyway by big test I meant the semis and the finals, not the training-easy games (known as pachangas in local footie slang) :D

As for this international break, just cross fingers. :(

Pachanga :D

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 am

Wrong time , and we usually play :censored: poor after the break . I'd pray to god , torres comes through unscathed as well as stevie . Hopefully the mancs pick up a few injuries , a key one to vidic now and they are gone , maybe even ronaldo .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:36 am

Toffeehater wrote:Wrong time , and we usually play :censored: poor after the break . I'd pray to god , torres comes through unscathed as well as stevie . Hopefully the mancs pick up a few injuries , a key one to vidic now and they are gone , maybe even ronaldo .

The kinda form Ronaldo is in i would prefer him play weekn in and week out for the mancs  :D Yeah injuries to Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Vidc and Rio  :D
RobinHood6969

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:39 am

RobinHood6969 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Wrong time , and we usually play :censored: poor after the break . I'd pray to god , torres comes through unscathed as well as stevie . Hopefully the mancs pick up a few injuries , a key one to vidic now and they are gone , maybe even ronaldo .

The kinda form Ronaldo is in i would prefer him play weekn in and week out for the mancs  :D Yeah injuries to Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez, Vidc and Rio  :D

He's just like nando even if he's having a bad game he'd still draw defenders to him and he can change the game with a moment of brilliance , berbatov should start , i'd rather him than tevez who's their best striker apparently
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 am

i just hope that gerrard and torres come back fit !

win the 8 games and THIS league is ours .
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby RobinHood6969 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:43 am

Toffeehater wrote:
RobinHood6969 wrote:

He's just like nando even if he's having a bad game he'd still draw defenders to him and he can change the game with a moment of brilliance , berbatov should start , i'd rather him than tevez who's their best striker apparently

Yeah but he is playing :censored: these days and unlike Nando he has the kind of attitude(the source of the virus) which can affect other team mates also when things start to go wrong  :D
RobinHood6969

Postby loopyliverpool » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Our top players have all just started playing well and as a consequence our results have been exceptional. I fear Torres will pick an injury up. He wasn't 100% when he came back and only seemed to show his true self in the Madrid game. My point is he doesn't seem to recover as quickly as others to injuries. Wasn't his last injury picked up when playing for Spain. If we are to win anything this year we need him fighting fit. I think this break has come at the worst possible time for us and the most opportune time for the Mancs - just as their season is starting to implode they get a time out!
loopyliverpool

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Expect a few more Mancs to pull out "injured" in the next couple of days aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion